Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    We talking about places not to live? 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Shaunie said:
    Love how so many of them cities mentioned in that article are in Yorkshire, cmon Yorkshire your letting me down here!!!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    Aidan said:
    My place made that list as well :joy: sounds about reyt lol
    Loll
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    I really liked going back to London to visit a few years back. Wouldn’t want to move back down there, too many people and too much violence but going back for a while was really interesting.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    and here’s the other list for the 10 happiest places ha

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I agree with Harrogate but Skipton? Really? That surprises me 

• Options
    Aidan said:
    How did I make the happiest places to live list, and the worst places to live list? :joy:
    What really lol😂
  • Options
    I’m gonna look and see if there’s a list like this for Scotland aha
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I live in such a weird place they can never make up there mind which county I’m in sometimes letters say East Yorkshire sometimes they say Humberside sometimes they say both. Which is it, I have no clue ahaha

• Options
    I’m gonna look and see if there’s a list like this for Scotland aha
    Wait. Isn’t Scotland in UK?
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Starlight said:
    I live in such a weird place they can never make up there mind which county I’m in sometimes letters say East Yorkshire sometimes they say Humberside sometimes they say both. Which is it, I have no clue ahaha

They can never decide where you are sometimes! I live in one council's area, but have another area's postcode, and another area's phone code :lol:
    Ohhh wow!! Now that’s messed up abaha

• Options
  • Options

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Headache
  • Options
    I’m right on the border between 2 areas in Scotland so sometimes letters say east others they say south aha.

And when I was applying for travel funding for college they thought I was in the east, which is further away, and gave me more money aha - positives!
  • Options
    I used to live in Perth in Scotland got a lot of laughs out of it when I moved to where I am now ahaha
    I loved it there haven’t been since my gran passed away. I really want to go back and see how much I remember of it though!! I loved being there!!

• Options
    I’m right on the border between 2 areas in Scotland so sometimes letters say east others they say south aha.

And when I was applying for travel funding for college they thought I was in the east, which is further away, and gave me more money aha - positives!
    That’s amazing ahhaa

• Options
    @Starlight I’ve actually never been to perth only driven through it. It’d be good if you could get back one day to see if you remember it that’s kinda like what I did with London a bit when I went aha
  • Options
    @independent_ yeah I’ve been planning to go back for a while now!!

When I moved down from Perth I was only 4 and when I started school here the teacher asked where I was from and I said Perth. She asked Perth in Scotland or Australia and I replied with America :lol::lol: 

• Options
    Nairn near Inverness though is a lovely place. I went there last year
  • Options
    Feel like if I ever go back to Perth I will 100% cry on the way there and then getting off the train and walking through the station aha. So much nostalgia!!!

• Options
    Aww @Starlight that’s incredibly cute! :joy::joy: I always used to get mixed up between the Scottish Perth and the Australian one ahaha
  • Options
    Aww @Starlight that’s incredibly cute! :joy::joy: I always used to get mixed up between the Scottish Perth and the Australian one ahaha
    Yeah saying I’m American with my Scottish accent :lol: Used to get picked on when I first moved here cos the kids couldn’t understand me ahaha

• Options
    @Starlight have you still got a Scottish accent now?

Despite moving up from London 16 years ago I still have a version of the accent lol
  • Options
    @Starlight have you still got a Scottish accent now?

Despite moving up from London 16 years ago I still have a version of the accent lol
    Nope unfortunately I have a kinda Yorkshire accent now. I say kinda cos I don’t sound like half the people where I live ahaha

I think my brain got confused so mixed the two kinda. Every now and again I’ll say a word or phrase in a Scottish accent without realising ahaha

• Options
    @Starlight accents are so interesting like how they can change (or not change in my case). I want a Scottish accent aha but I never got one I got a generic non-regional English accent aha. I do have some Scottish sounding words though 
  • Options
    @independent_ yeah accents are weird things! And also how you don’t notice the accents of people around you like I always forget my mum and sister have Scottish accents especially my sister so when people ask if my sister is Scottish I’m like how did you know that? Ahaha and it’s annoying since she was born here in Yorkshire and I was the one born in Scotland just she lived in Scotland for 10 years ahaha

• Options
    @Starlight aha yeah, I do tend to notice an English accent in Scotland when I hear one though. My mum has an English accent my dad and 2 sisters have Scottish ones so I’m so used to hearing both constantly.

I think it has a lot to do with where we spend our time as a young child, and where we go to school. I spent so much time in my first few years up here at home with my mum that the accent probably just stuck 
  • Options
    @Starlight aha yeah, I do tend to notice an English accent in Scotland when I hear one though. My mum has an English accent my dad and 2 sisters have Scottish ones so I’m so used to hearing both constantly.

I think it has a lot to do with where we spend our time as a young child, and where we go to school. I spent so much time in my first few years up here at home with my mum that the accent probably just stuck 
    Yeah I guess accents are very weird things though and they never cease to amaze me!!

• Options
    Me either @Starlight I find them fascinating. There are so many across the UK too