Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Awwww I love dogs so so so much!!!!!!!!! 🐶
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    She's gorgeous. So playful too
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,951 Legendary Poster
    @Starlight aww, yeah my partner is a gamer too and a programmer so he’s in need of decent wifi a lot of the time aha. Not having a phone signal here doesn’t help because it means no data either so when we’re internetless (is that a word) we’re literally cut off from the world which is a bit annoying aha.

My parents just watch more TV when the wifi dies lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I love dogs 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    I’m not being funny but APPLE CAN HEAR WHAT WE ARE SAYING
    my mum showed me shoes earlier asking if I liked it or the company and it was some horrible ugly shoes from a old persons shop so never looked at that company. She thought I’d like it but yeah ew. She said this earlier. Just scrolling through Instagram and it’s there on my explore!!!!!!! I don’t even look at shoes or clothes on Instagram It’s usually puppies and ESMR Stuff on my explore

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie all these big companies seem to do that, facebook is the same. It’s like it pulls data from your microphone which is really annoying
    @Starlight aww, yeah my partner is a gamer too and a programmer so he’s in need of decent wifi a lot of the time aha. Not having a phone signal here doesn’t help because it means no data either so when we’re internetless (is that a word) we’re literally cut off from the world which is a bit annoying aha.

My parents just watch more TV when the wifi dies lol
    I wouldn’t survive without no access to the outside world that’s where I get all my support aha and even if internetless isn’t a word I love it and it should be a word ahaha

I love dogs 
    Samee
    We have to be careful with her though because if she bites she will be put down 
    Omg we have no privacy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Starlight me too, I can just about make a phone call if I stand up at my window and put in my headphones, I can send a text that way too but as you can imagine it’s a bit annoying aha because I can’t do it from somewhere comfy!! That’d be a lot better!

Internetless is showing up as misspelled for me so I’m guessing it’s not an actual word but it’s in my brain’s dictionary now along with many other made up words.
    And that's to do with part of her breed ( she's part staffie)
    @GreenTea what kind of dog is she?

@Shaunie yeah I know it’s really weird how they know what’s going on in our lives. I wonder if my amazon alexa is listening constantly to everything that I do andsay. That’d be really bloody weird poor person at amazon
    @independent_ ohh wow!! How do you survive!? :joy: I’m gonna add internetless my my list of made up now real words ahahah

GreenTea said:
    I love dogs 
    Samee
    We have to be careful with her though because if she bites she will be put down 
    Awww that’s sad!!

She's got staffy in her. She's just had a DNA test to find what she is crossed with
    @Starlight ahaha yeah it can be difficult sometimes, especially when the wifi doesn’t work either. When the internet’s working it’s alright. But if I have to make a call at all I either have to use the landline (fine for ordinary mundane phone calls) or stand up at the window for more private calls aha. 
    @GreenTea what kind of dog is she?

@Shaunie yeah I know it’s really weird how they know what’s going on in our lives. I wonder if my amazon alexa is listening constantly to everything that I do andsay. That’d be really bloody weird poor person at amazon
    I actually watched a full programme about amazon Alexa and what it listens to. Awhile ago. I think it said Apparently humans do listen to some convos you have with alexia but can’t remember what else it said but yeah I know there is actually a program on it ah
    @GreenTea how’s her temperament so far? I know a couple of really nice staffies actually. That’s really really sad about her biting people though :(
    @Shaunie I’m really tempted to look that up but I’m also not because I have an alexa and sort of don’t want to know aha ;) 
    Awwww @independent_ ahaha yeah sounds like such a pain!!!!

She doesn't really bite. It's more when she's older and she bites Someone, she will be put down because of the staffy in here. Staffy is known for lock jaw where they lock down when biting etc.
    @Starlight it really is a pain but I’ve found little ways to make it work aha. 

@GreenTea oh yeah that’s an awful worry with them :( and really sad. I know one staffy in particular who is incredibly calm, I know I had a lot of misconceptions about them before then. 
    GreenTea said:
    She doesn't really bite. It's more when she's older and she bites Someone, she will be put down because of the staffy in here. Staffy is known for lock jaw where they lock down when biting etc.
    Yeah I know my old neighbours had a staffy! Really sad she’ll be put down if she bites!! Otto went through a biting phase and I have a scar on my arm from him but he seems to have settled down again now, I think he’s just an anxious dog bless him!!

There's no alarm going off Tonight. Thank god
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Yeah I know my old neighbours had a staffy! Really sad she’ll be put down if she bites!! Otto went through a biting phase and I have a scar on my arm from him but he seems to have settled down again now, I think he’s just an anxious dog bless him!!
    Was it aggressive biting ?
    Would it be bad to lie and say my WiFi is still not working to get out of a drama lesson and do my dance classes instead? 😂😂

All dogs go through a biting phase tbh. Just have to hope they don't bite someone who reports it!

It's really tricky situation with dogs tbh. You don't see cats Getting In trouble for biting lol
    Starlight said:
    Would it be bad to lie and say my WiFi is still not working to get out of a drama lesson and do my dance classes instead? 😂😂

Drama sucks. So dance instead
    Shaunie said:
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Was it aggressive biting ?
    I’d say it was pretty aggressive like he was being defensive. He snapped quite a bit at my sister the most though aha. But he hasn’t snapped at me in ages. It was if you touched him without him knowing etc. He’d snap I think cos he was scared.

Are you all talking about play biting or aggressive biting. All dogs play bite but not all dogs aggressive bite