Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Exactly @GreenTea there is no need for it just causing more harm to the world and we don’t need that!!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yep. Tbh you'd think we would pass racism by now but apparently not
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    Where I live 95.7% of the population are white. Ridiculous. It's seen as quite a middle class area (although I'm not)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    EGM said:
    Where I live 95.7% of the population are white. Ridiculous. It's seen as quite a middle class area (although I'm not)
    98.5% of my town are white. Think we are just so tiny and people don’t really come here out of all places. Though we get loads of different people here as it’s very touristy. It’s crazy how not diverse it is here, funny thing is my two best friends aren’t white aha 

• Options
    That's a very high percentage. We get lots of tourists here too from all over the world but yeah surprising how not diverse it actually is
  • Options
    92% where I am
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    How do you know the percentage?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Yeah it is @EGM aha, my county has a very high percentage aswell 97% I believe might be wrong though, I guess we aren’t a lot of people’s chosen destination to live just for holidays aha but since there isn’t much exposure there’s pretty bad racism in my school. Something people didn’t start realising until we started getting students that aren’t white. Think we have 2 kids that are black in my school and a few others that aren’t white.

• Options
    Google @Shaunie There are some random websites
  • Options
    Oh yeahThose aren’t probably true. Your percentage Would be allot lower.  just googled it mine is 82.5%.  It says London is 44.9%which sounds more likely probably because they are more likely to do recent ones of London
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Mine came from Wikipedia. Anyone can write Wikipedia lol
  • Options
    I love going to bigger cities like London and Manchester and seeing all the diversity it fills my heart with joy to see so many different people!!

• Options
    I go to a grammar school but there's quite a few Asian people and some black so we have a little exposure. The students are quite proactive in ensuring everyone is included and not discriminated. We sent a letter with hundreds of signatures to the school asking for a more diverse curriculum and stuff, which was pretty cool. The headteacher responded so we should start to see some proper change
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    I love going to bigger cities like London and Manchester and seeing all the diversity it fills my heart with joy to see so many different people!!

London is my fav
  • Options
    My school was mostly Asian. I was the only white one in my PE class. The rest was all Muslim. I did feel a bit awkward to start with ngl as was so obvious. But now still speak to two of them
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The closest city to me is 89.7% white which is more diverse than here though it’s still higher than the average.

• Options
    One of my best friends is Chinese and the other is half Brazilian. Throughout all of primary school my friend that’s Chinese and her two younger sisters and brother where the only non white people in the school pretty much I think there were maybe 2/3 other kids other than them

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I used to want to live in London. But to expensive. Then I thought maybe Cambridge because it would motivate me to cycle everywhere. Then I thought Birmingham  as I love the shops there. Now i don’t know lol
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I used to want to live in London. But to expensive. Then I thought maybe Cambridge because it would motivate me to cycle everywhere. Then I thought Birmingham  as I love the shops there. Now i don’t know lol
    I wanna be in London when I’m older for dance reasons want to be near the centre of it all aha

• Options
    I think I'm going to avoid London as a place to live because it's just so busy and expensive. I much prefer countryside like mountains and lakes
  • Options
    I worked in a school in Devon where 92% of the children, English was not their first language
  • Options
    Yeah @EGM if I didn’t want to go into musical theatre and dance I would definitely want to be either by the beach or in the mountains but gotta make sacrifices for some things!!

• Options
    Don't live in Birmingham 😬😬 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I worked in a school in Devon where 92% of the children, English was not their first language
    Wow that’s a lot of kids!! 
    And I’ll avoid Birmingham aha

• Options
    I mean all you got to do is follow the west Mercia police updates to see how bad it is
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    While we're on percentages and population and stuff, in the 2001 census 0.8% of the UK was Jedi making it the 4th most common religion!
    OMG!!! :lol::lol:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Yeah I don’t want to live there anymore

but I am living in the worst city rated for UK lol
  • Options
  • Options
    "You feel totally isolated from the rest of the world and life in general, as though everything else is going on and you’re not part of it as you’re stuck in this dump."

Totally feel that
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    I’m actually from London, I lived there for a while when I was little.

I live in what is quite a deprived area of Scotland now but one of my favourite things about living up here is how friendly the people are. I really like that. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”