Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    @Aidan aha more Yorkshire :joy: 

I went to Yorkshire once. Loved it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Aidan said:
    I wish my accent was more Yorkshire, like Barnsley or Sheffield or something :joy:
    I do not I like my kinda weird Yorkshire accent (that everyone calls posh) ahahaha my dad has a proper Barnsley Yorkshire accent and some of the stuff he says just doesn’t put together right in my head ahaha the weird missing letter and adding letters nah too much for me ahahhaha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    I want a proper strong Scottish accent ahahaha 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    I want a proper strong Scottish accent ahahaha 

So I want to sound like Sean Bean and you want to sound like Sean Connery, perfect :lol:
    Anyone else want to sound like a Sean lol
    😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    @Aidan im going to pretend I know who those people are and say oh wow that’s ironic :lol:
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    My school was mostly Asian. I was the only white one in my PE class. The rest was all Muslim. I did feel a bit awkward to start with ngl as was so obvious. But now still speak to two of them

Muslim is not a race  its a religion lol. I think you might have been referring to the East Africans such as the Somalis and Ethiopians which are classified as black. 

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Aidan said:
    Starlight said:
    Aidan said:
    I wish my accent was more Yorkshire, like Barnsley or Sheffield or something :joy:
    I do not I like my kinda weird Yorkshire accent (that everyone calls posh) ahahaha my dad has a proper Barnsley Yorkshire accent and some of the stuff he says just doesn’t put together right in my head ahaha the weird missing letter and adding letters nah too much for me ahahhaha

I love a Barnsley accent, it lets you know everything is gonna be okay. Or it lets you know they've got a van and your valuables are going missing soon, it depends :joy:
    :joy::joy::joy: I love that!!! So true so true :joy:

• Options
    how are you doing @Salix_alba_2019?
  • Options
    My cousins on my dad’s side all have really really broad scottish accents and, without fail, every time I see them ask how on earth im not Scottish yet :joy:
  • Options
    My cousins on my dad’s side all have really really broad scottish accents and, without fail, every time I see them ask how on earth im not Scottish yet :joy:
    :joy:

• Options
    @Starlight :joy: it’s almost as if they expect me, at the age of 17, to turn Scottish overnight ;)
  • Options
    @independent I'm a little tired today and I feel like I've crashed in terms of mood. Otherwise very chilled 😉

How about you, how are you doing? 
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 aww sending big hugs <3<3 I’m ok, I was tired earlier but of course in typical me fashion I’ve gone to bed and now im not ahahaha
  • Options
    @Starlight :joy: it’s almost as if they expect me, at the age of 17, to turn Scottish overnight ;)
    Ahaha I love that!! It’s like when people find out I was born in Scotland and then ask why I don’t have an accent then? I’m like I haven’t lived there in 12 years :joy: I was a very small child when I moved aha

• Options
    Aidan said:
    Has anyone ever seen one of those "1 will protect you, the rest will attack you" things on the internet that all the kids are doing these days? Hang on I'll like make an example

Haven’t seen this before but seems like it could be quite funny with the possibilities aha

• Options
    @Starlight on first meeting me a lot of people think I’ve just moved here from England. I even had a shop worker ask me once if I was on holiday in the place where I’ve lived almost my entire life aha when she first heard my accent she thought I must be on holiday here :joy: 
  • Options
    @Starlight on first meeting me a lot of people think I’ve just moved here from England. I even had a shop worker ask me once if I was on holiday in the place where I’ve lived almost my entire life aha when she first heard my accent she thought I must be on holiday here :joy: 
    Ohh aha that’s so funny!! Being on holiday where you live :joy: 

• Options
    @Starlight not gonna lie I had to really really stop myself from just laughing my head off...it was hilarious and I’ve never forgotten it.
  • Options
    @independent_ I can imagine I would’ve found it so funny if it was me ahaha

• Options
    @independent oh noo you missed the sleep window lol
  • Options
    @Starlight yeah, her reaction when I explained I only lived down the road and had done for (however man years it was then) was even funnier. The utter shock was unreal
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 I always do that ahaha, I will apparently never learn that I should go to bed when I’m actually tired ;)
  • Options
    I have the worst relationship with sleep rn!! Ahaha

• Options
    @Starlight I’ve been staying up so late it’s ridiculous. My partner has been asleep since midnight or there abouts, I wish I could fall asleep that early and stay asleep ahahaha
  • Options
    Yeah me too @independent_ this time has become quite early for me recently ahaha oops 

• Options
    @Starlight me too aha, last night I went to bed after 3.30am it’s crazy :joy:
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    Meep
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Heyyy @Millie2787 how are you?
  • Options
    @Starlight me too aha, last night I went to bed after 3.30am it’s crazy :joy:
    My current bed time is between 4 and 5 but it has been later a few nights ahaha oops :astonished: I really need to get that sorted out don’t I? 

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning