Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    i'm sure they are nice colours @Shaunie i'm colourblind though so cant enjoy them :lol: .. I think i've watched all of the toy story movies in one day too haha
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    When you watch it all in one day you can see how much the graphics change from first to 4th film
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    I know there's lots of Disney films on now tv. Might find one lol wanna watch one with me starlight? Independent? Liam? Anyone else
    Sorry got lost on TikTok ahaha I would’ve tho aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Lol fair enough. I do that on FB sometimes. I'll click a video to watch and end up watching loads 
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Yeah I started doing all the musicals song challenges ahaha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Lol nice!!
    My sunburn hurts so bad
  • Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Someone give me the strength to write an essay, please

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,618 Legendary Poster
    It’s so hot i simply cannot sleep.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    It’s so hot i simply cannot sleep.

Yso
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Someone give me the strength to write an essay, please

Sending you lots of supper strength to get the essay done 😉 once you get started the rest should come easy, you got this! 
  • Options
    I should not be awake this early
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Guesssss who gets there braces off today .... still need to figure out how I’m going to avoid a sensory overload 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Guesssss who gets there braces off today .... still need to figure out how I’m going to avoid a sensory overload 
    Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    I suppose I managed to get a decent night of sleep and I slept through the whole night.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    I suppose I managed to get a decent night of sleep and I slept through the whole night.
    That’s good!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    It's boiling in the attic, I've been contemplating sleeping downstairs but my kindle never fails to send me to sleep :sleeping:

Without that thing I think I'd need another book shelf!!
    Deffo a good idea to sleep at a lower level, especially because heat rises and attics tend to have insulation which traps all the heat in 😉

Also does you kidle have a back-light so you can read in the dark? 
  • Options
    In primary school (well in year 6 because I don't remember having them during any other year group) we had Kindles and each group (there were 5 groups of 6 depending on ability) did a different activity during the daily reading time and my group used the Kindles on Tuesdays. It was fun.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I should not be awake this early
    Did you manage to sleep through the heat😭

On and off. I ended up laying with cold water cloth across me
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Yes it does which is great cos I pretty much only read in the dark!
    It's not the new kindle it's one of the older ones, it's a bit battered but I'm averse to spending money :lol:

I have a Kindle too

You know the one that came out first tablet style where you can put games etc on it too. I have that one
  • Options
    @GreenTea I just wanted to apologise to you for triggering you last night.
  • Options
    I used to have a kindle. I used it for everything but reading 😂
  • Options
    I am so excited to see my family Tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    One of my cats seems really excited about the hairdresser coming over later. I have no idea why but it probably is because it means the cat will get a lot of fuss.
  • Options

You've got this 💕
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    One of my cats seems really excited about the hairdresser coming over later. I have no idea why but it probably is because it means the cat will get a lot of fuss.
     More attention for the cat lol

Speaking of animals I saw a little chihuahua this morning with no owner. I think I know who it belongs to though. Sometimes you've gotta take yourself for a walk lol. There are a few dogs in my area that take themselves for walks a hahaha, I've even seen one cary it's own lead lol
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I used to have a kindle. I used it for everything but reading 😂
     wait, I thought that you cold only read on them lol
  • Options
    I can't wait to spam animal pictures here.. going home to a dog, cat, gerbil... Etc
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 there's tablet kindles that have games and Internet and apps on as well as a book section for all your books.
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Yes it does which is great cos I pretty much only read in the dark!
    It's not the new kindle it's one of the older ones, it's a bit battered but I'm averse to spending money :lol:
    What sort of books do you read? 

I'm certain that my grammar and spelling would be 10x better if I read 💀 it's a true miracle that I managed to come out of uni with a decent grade in Biomolecular Science. THERE'S HOPE FOR ALLL!