We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

Makeup chat!

michelle_makeupmichelle_makeup Posts: 1 Noob
edited December 5 in Anything goes

Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle and I have been a makeup artist for a year and a half now. I mainly do evening and bold, colourful makeup. During support chat a few community members and I decided that a makeup discussion would be a good idea for us makeup lovers to come together and share our favourite products as well as an opportunity for anyone to ask me any makeup related questions :) 

@The Mix  posted this thread last week with all the info about how this will work. In short, post your questions or comments below ready for tomorrow. I’ll be online from 6:30-8:30pm Thursday to answer any questions specifically for me and get involved in the discussion with you guys.

I hope we can all use this space to help eachother and have share our common love of makeup!

Thanks,

Michelle :)

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,546 Mega Poster
    This is exciting!!

How many questions? I hope didnt put too many. Did delete some ah

Do you have any liquid foundations you recommend?
    Have you ever tried to clean a beuty blender in the microwave?
    How do i get my eyebrows looking like Kendall Jenner’s? Ha
    There is some comfort in what we know. Even if that is deep in depression. I think i now more understand the quote of -life starts outside of your comfort zone. 
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 61 Moderator
    Hey @Shaunie  

Some great questions here :) Do ask as many questions as you would like, but perhaps it's worth saying which are your priority questions so that Michelle can get to those first? 
    “Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine.” 
    ― Alan Turing
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 246 The Mix convert
    i am soooooooo excited

ok so my questions so far are:
    how do you cover up red skin??? 
    whats the best powder to absorb sweat (gross sorry lol)
    how do you blend eyeshadow and how far up your eyelid should you take your eyeshadow? like do you go all the way to ur eyebrow lol and if not where do you end it
    My eyeliner (i use a pen one cos i couldnt get the hang of drawing it on any other way lol) rubs onto my eyelids after a bit, how do i stop thiis happening??? im ending up with a random black line on my eyelid lol 
    how do you know where to apply the highlighter???? 
    how do you do a great smokey eye????
    oh and what are your top 5 must have products???
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 United KingdomPosts: 453 Rampant Poster
    What inspired you to be a makeup artist?
    What colours are best on pale skin?
    Was I one of the people with the ideas for the expert chat?
    Any safety tips for applying makeup?
    Is mascara or foundation the best? My opinion is mascara.

You don`t have to feel like a wasted space. You are original. Cannot be replaced.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 WorcestershirePosts: 390 Rampant Poster
    What’s the best thing for Covering up dark circles under the eyes ?
    is it better to apply foundation with or without primer ?
    what Lipstick and eyeshadow  colour is best for people with super Pale skin ?
    Hows best to clean beauty Blenders ? 

“Healing Comes from letting there be room for all of “This” to happen ; Room for grief , Room for relief, Room for Misery and Room for joy “
    Does makeup damage your skin over time or is that a rumor? 
    How do you make your profile picture so beautiful?
    What is your favourite colour lipstick?
    You don`t have to feel like a wasted space. You are original. Cannot be replaced.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 1,877 Postholic
    do you use much cruelty free make-up? if so what ones do you recommend ?
    also what foundation do you recommended for the vampire complexion? lol, all foundation seems to dark for me :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    87 minutes to go! ☺
    What makeup is best for Christmas?
    Whats your faviourate drugstore brand? 

Why do my eyes look like actual mud when i try “smokey eye lid” look. Lol. 

Are you suppose to use bronzer to contour? Or is that only used a lil bit as suppose to be for shadow look thing?(if that doesnt make sense ignore me. Ha)
    There is some comfort in what we know. Even if that is deep in depression. I think i now more understand the quote of -life starts outside of your comfort zone. 
    And concealer or foundation first?
    Jellyelephant
    I miss you michelle please come back to chat !!!!!!!!!!
    AbigailKasa2103
  • LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 861 Incredible Poster
    I second the question about what's good to cover bags under your eyes. 

Also.  Is there any makeup you reccomend for doing like natural looks?  I haven't been able to do it as good I had at my sisters wedding 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    Hello.
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 61 Moderator
    Hey all, 

Loving the enthusiasm and excitement here, and so many questions :) hate to be the barer of bad news, but due to some unforseen circumstances, we are having to postpone this AMA tonight. We will be looking to rearrange this though, so do keep adding questions to this thread. It may just be in the new year that you get your make up tips.

Chat is on as usual, so hop on over there :)

Ed
    “Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine.” 
    ― Alan Turing
    Thanks for letting us know @Ed_ Hopefully Michelle is ok.
    so sad i was lookin forward to this soooooo much..... hope ur ok michelle! <3