Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 782 Part of The Mix Family
    Suicidal

You've been really brave to reach out @IainJammyboy, it sounds like things are tough right now. Remember we're all here for you <3. How are you feeling today? Are you getting much support at the moment to help you with everything?

If you're struggling and need immediate support, remember you're not alone. There's lots of lovely services out there to help you through this. I've listed them below for you:
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,349 Wise Owl
    edited November 2023
    I think im numb...I dont feel anything
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ nothing but a beautiful echo ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    I feel so out of it. My head is spinning
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,588 Skive's The Limit
    Really suicidal being controlled by food really makes everything not worth it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I can really hear how tough everything is feeling for you right now @Siena. Remember we're all here for you and you're not alone <3. Do you feel comfortable sharing with us if you're feeling safe at the moment?

You have been doing so well to reach out and advocate for yourself. Sometimes we just need to take one day at a time. Maybe you can find some space this weekend to spend time with family or friends, or doing things you enjoy to take some control back. You can do this :).

If you're struggling and need immediate support, remember you're not alone. I know you know these already but I've listed some services below for you which are always available for you to use if you need a chat:
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
  • Options
    My friend is making me do safety plan with her...
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I’m safe. I’m not moving from my bed. There’s no point in living /bothering
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    For anyone reflective at this time of year
    Guilt and regret only ever made a lot less room for motivation
    oymmrfzubk46.jpeg
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,256 Boards Champion
    edited November 2023
    Just sat on the kitchen floor with no energy to move. I'm so drained and just don't wanna be here anymore. Life's too hard
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Just sat on the kitchen floor with no energy to move. I'm so drained and just don't wanna be here anymore. Life's too hard

You are stronger than you think @Chloe234 <3 It's okay to feel drained. Things have been a lot recently and sometimes we just need those days where we can just zone out. You are doing so well and we are so proud of you for sticking it out :). Have you got anything to keep you busy this weekend?
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,188 Community Veteran
    I did it again with the blueberry kink this I hate me I hate who I am becoming creepy little me eeewww I I used talkative ai and its weir di talk to ai characters I just feel odd.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,188 Community Veteran
    I got someone who has a crush on me and I don't them back and I haven't responded to them
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,930 Master Poster
    edited November 2023
    I hate having sensory overload. Not experiencing it at the moment but yeah.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,186 Wise Owl
    I’m just constantly exhausted at the moment and I can’t get anything done. All I wanna do is sleep but I need to do things and I don’t have the energy!! I dont know what to do anymore.
  • Options
    Gemma wrote: »
    Chloe234 wrote: »

You are stronger than you think @Chloe234 <3 It's okay to feel drained. Things have been a lot recently and sometimes we just need those days where we can just zone out. You are doing so well and we are so proud of you for sticking it out :). Have you got anything to keep you busy this weekend?

Going to a friends house and staying the night tmmr
  • Options
    Urges are bad
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,930 Master Poster
    Felt sick earlier. Feeling better now though.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 996 Part of The Mix Family
    Got 6 hours sleep over 2 days now I think lol - I'm safe
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,168 Part of The Furniture
    I rang 111 at half 2 yesterday, they ring at 4 to say it’s extend wait.111 rings me at 5am to say “oh hi I’m a call handler just chasing up the phone call you missed from the clinican” …. Yes Janet I missed it because it was at fucking 3am. Ended up just telling them not to bother in the end and to cancel the case . Feeling a little better than yesterday- just exhausted
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 996 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm safe - but is it normal to feel incredibly guilty about sh scars???
  • Options
    I've lost myself and feel completely done. I'm really not okay :s
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 516 Incredible Poster
    @IainJammyboy It's a really good question. It depends on the person - some feel more validated by having them, some feel self-conscious as others may visibly see their history of mental health issues. Overall though, it's definitely normal to have a sense of guilt as it can be something that happens very quickly in the spur of the moment, with the person having little-no control over. It's often something that is very impulsive, that happens very quickly, with the individual not thinking very far ahead, but needing instant relief. I'm not sure of your age but some people when they're old enough may get tattoos to cover them up, however, this is a personal choice, and it's not for everybody. Others choose to embrace their scars, once again, it depends on the person.

I hope this helps somewhat <3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,956 Extreme Poster
    I just realised, since its gonna be my birthday in a few days, even though I talk to a couple of people now I still don't really have anyone to spend the day with :/ I do have my family luckily, but I spend every day with them, this isn't going to be any special at all. I'm not sure what I would do without my family
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Think my mental health has effected my physical health badly :'(
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,956 Extreme Poster
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    I just realised, since its gonna be my birthday in a few days, even though I talk to a couple of people now I still don't really have anyone to spend the day with :/ I do have my family luckily, but I spend every day with them, this isn't going to be any special at all. I'm not sure what I would do without my family

And about this. I wouldnt really know how approach people with this, I don't want to be the person who goes around letting everyone its their birthday haha. Although now that I think about it I kinda want to do that for the lols. After all there's nothing wrong with telling people it's your birthday
    sqqaj5o4ykrl.jpg
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,684 Legendary Poster
    So many traumatic memories over the past few days, I have 2 choices, destruct or try to help myself. I know it has to be the second one but the first is hard to avoid sometimes.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Think I upset someone...there being so off with me :/
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    Still need to talk to safeguarding. My friends were gonna pressure me to ask for her to find me today but I couldn't, I've lost all confidence
This discussion has been closed.