Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,271 Boards Champion
    Gemma wrote: »
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Want to tell school about the fact I dont wanna be here anymore but scared as ik they'll have to tell dad.

Sending you lots of strength, Chloe <3 It's so brave of you to want to reach out and tell someone about how you've been feeling. Do you have someone at school that you feel able to open up to?

Although it is scary to make that step, it sounds like it's something you want to do to release some of that pressure on your shoulders and see what support is out there for you.

Remember you can always talk to Crisis Messenger or Samaritans if you're struggling with those heavy thoughts. You shouldn't have to go through that alone. <3.

Thankyou Gemma, I have one of the safeguarding people who I've been speaking to about my mental health and self harm in the past, it's just the fear of dad finding out bc he isn't the best when it comes to things like it
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    Just finished doing my TV recording hehehehe
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 813 Part of The Mix Family
    Chloe234 wrote: »

Thankyou Gemma, I have one of the safeguarding people who I've been speaking to about my mental health and self harm in the past, it's just the fear of dad finding out bc he isn't the best when it comes to things like it

I hear you Chloe and can see why that would be a worry for you. One option could be to share your worries with them about your dad finding out what you're going through, and you could even ask them what their process would be in terms of disclosures and informing someone like your dad - but I get that is scary in itself.

It's so positive to hear that you've been speaking to the safeguarding team at school - you should be really proud of yourself for that. Can't have been easy <3
  • Options
    Just finished doing my TV recording hehehehe

This sounds exciting Iain... do tell us more?? :D
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,362 Wise Owl
    Never felt more sick in my life ugh
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ nothing but a beautiful echo ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    Relapsed :bawling:
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    River wrote: »
    Relapsed :bawling:

We're here for you @River <3 You're doing so well to keep going through everything - you're so much stronger thank you think.

If you need any urgent support, remember these services are always a call or text away any time you need them :)
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, and are experiencing any painful emotion or are in crisis, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
  • Options
    Tired of dealing with all these feelings and having to keep them trapped inside, it's slowly killing me
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    You are doing so well talking to us about your feelings @River. We can hear how heavy these feelings are for you at the moment but we are all here with you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,591 Skive's The Limit
    Meant to have my cervical screening tomorrow. I really don’t think I can and want to cancel and feel guilty
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Is there anything which might help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment @Siena? You deserve to be able to consent to this and if this is not something you feel able to do at the moment this should be respected (by others and by yourself!). Though, I can also hear your guilt. We are here for you if you would like to share more with us about this <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,168 Part of The Furniture
    Somehow my Iron levels are worse than what they were in august despite being in iron tablets 🙃
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Is there anything which might help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment @Siena? You deserve to be able to consent to this and if this is not something you feel able to do at the moment this should be respected (by others and by yourself!). Though, I can also hear your guilt. We are here for you if you would like to share more with us about this <3

Thank you. I think I’m gunna go to it. Feel to guilty to not go to it as that’s nhs money
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    When you hide what you self harm in your bedroom so well that you forgotten where it’s hidden and given up trying to find it and now the urge has gone
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,933 Master Poster
    Why people can`t realise that sometimes I just want to be left alone and for things to be quiet? I ended up having a sensory overload at break and locked myself in a small room in the sixth form block. Some students got a teacher to unlock the door and they went in there and started playing loud music which didn`t help at all. :(
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Keep missing NHS appointments and college because I can barely even get out of bed anymore, but the NHS just said it's my job to fix and that they can't do anything
  • Options
    The only fucking treatment for a diagnosis of "emotional disregulation" is a fucking group therapy coping skills group for 45 minutes a week that gets offered to everyone in the NHS anyways - I already done all the work that is in those therapy sessions anyways cause my CPN forced me to and now she's blaming me for not engaging with the NHS - bunch of cunts honestly, I trust them with my life and they could give a single fuck about me
  • Options
    One day I feel so incredibly suicidal and the next I'm so happy, what the fuck
  • Options
    @Loz im proud of u <3
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,956 Extreme Poster
    That feeling when you're burnt out yet the amount of work you do is nowhere near enough. I think I'm burnt out from fighting my mental health, which leaves me completely drained and unable to do any uni work, which then crumbles my mental health even more.

I'm just stuck in an eternal struggle to catch up with life that runs way faster that I'm capable of chasing.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Like 99% sure this is all bipolar as appose to a personality disorder
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,193 Wise Owl
    Really struggling being stuck at home all the time with my parents. They have their own mental health struggles and that’s hard to be around all the time. I want someone who can really support me
  • Options
    I miss playing video games
  • Options
    I dont know how to do this no more. It hurts to much, I feel like im drowning :bawling:
    ♡ she was like a star ♡
    ♡ of death ♡
  • Options
    Started rock climbing again regularly
  • Options
    Suicidal
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,193 Wise Owl
    Suicidal