Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,046 Wise Owl
    @libbystrawberry my Pms are there if u need to vent or anything. Feel free to message <3
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Had panic attack at school
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey all, hearing that quite a few of you have been struggling. Be kind to yourself, you're doing the best that you can, and that's what matters. You matter, and you have space here to express yourself and share your experience. Keep taking each day as it comes <3

@River sorry to hear that, that sounds like a rough day. How are you feeling now? What helps you to calm down when that happens?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Azziman I feel tired and crap
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 983 Part of The Mix Family
    I’m so overwhelmed and confused and I just want to be a child again 😭
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 924 Part of The Mix Family
    The stress of everything is way too much - I thought being a student would be fun but just the punishments from lecturers for being late or not showing up is making things miserable
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Feeling extremely suicidal and fed up. I really don’t think anything will change so what’s the point
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
    did it again, feel weird
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
    I think one of my friends on insta got hacked, so I unfollowed them but I feel bad for unfollowing i did just in case their account got hacked
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 983 Part of The Mix Family
    Siena wrote: »
    Feeling extremely suicidal and fed up. I really don’t think anything will change so what’s the point

Please don’t give up!! Things will change eventually, it just takes time.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    Siena wrote: »

Sending you lots of strength @Siena <3 We've dropped you a DM to check in and help you stay safe today. You've been so brave to reach out. Remember these services are also just a call or text away to help you whenever you need someone to talk to:
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    On a section 136 eventho I kept saying “but I’m a coward so won’t do it”
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    I had therapy today, I told her stuff, but I'm surprised the one thing thats really stuck with me is telling her about my step mums hugs, I'm only a hugy person to certain people and the majority of the time it's just my step mum but she doesn't hug me back.

she hugs her niece, she use to hug my school friend all those years ago, but she never really hugs me, or it's a one arm thing.

I get people don't always like hugs but come on and I don't smell or anything, I told the lady how I haven't hugged her in 3 or 4 weeks and every time I feel the need to, I stop myself (I didn't tell her it's a couple times a day)

I just want a hug off her, I told her she can give me a random ones or like morning ones but nothing

It doesn't make u cool or something just because u don't hug people, I really need one off her, a really long mother bear hug.

Maybe I'm just weird in needing her like this so much.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,923 Extreme Poster
    edited November 2023
    I am so confused. I've got a message from the nhs saying that I have to book an appointment, I assume its for the voice therapy or something that I talked with my GP about last time. Basically getting my voice checked since I have a problem with talking... So you won't believe what; the only way I can book the appointment is by calling their number -_-

If I could call their fucking number I wouldn't need their service! AAAH why make everything so hard??? :bawling:

I have only a week left to book the appointment but theres no way I'm calling them. And theres absolutely no other way to contact them as I don't even know the name of their service...

edit: okay I do know the name of their service, but all they have on their website are phone numbers wtf
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Broke down in tears after I got home from school
  • Options
    I can't make this shit up. I started getting a sharp pain in my chest (I'm ok btw) and went to the gp and then my dad got angry at me and my mum for no reason whatsoever, I have no clue what happened to him. If there's a word above 'overwhelmed' then please tell me because that is about how I feel right now.

But on a positive note, if I pass this year of uni I can really do anything :D
  • Options
    Lost my voice and feel suicidal :bawling:
  • Options
    Apparently my mental health struggles are very complex - even my therapist has no clue lol
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Noticing the heaviness in this thread at the moment and wanted to share some love 💚

You shouldn't have to, but well done for persevering through some heavy stuff and doing your best despite everything on your shoulders. Humans aren't meant to work as hard as you do.

I hope you guys can find what you need - whether that's a nice long hug, more accessible support, or just a moment of calm in the storm. This too shall pass. ⛅

If any of you do find yourselves at breaking point, you can chat to Crisis Messenger any time about absolutely anything on your mind (text THEMIX to 85258). Samaritans are available for that too if you prefer phone conversations (116 123).

Remember that you're worthy of kindness and care - from yourself as well as other people 💚
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    I am so confused. I've got a message from the nhs saying that I have to book an appointment, I assume its for the voice therapy or something that I talked with my GP about last time. Basically getting my voice checked since I have a problem with talking... So you won't believe what; the only way I can book the appointment is by calling their number -_-

If I could call their fucking number I wouldn't need their service! AAAH why make everything so hard??? :bawling:

I have only a week left to book the appointment but theres no way I'm calling them. And theres absolutely no other way to contact them as I don't even know the name of their service...

edit: okay I do know the name of their service, but all they have on their website are phone numbers wtf
    this is like buying scissors and they come in that thick plastic that you need scissors to open

it's funny how much of the healthcare system here is like that - they require you to do a thing that your symptoms prevent you from doing (comfortably or at all) and there are no alternatives 🤦‍♂️
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Watching BBC children in need - I'm not saying anything against it, but always with mental health it never shows anything beyond surface level problems - what about those in hospital, those who die by suicide? Surely there can be awareness for that as well as mild anxiety
  • Options
    Holy... just found out that my wait for cbt is 12 months. That is sooooo long!! I swear at that point I won't need their help anymore
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Want to tell school about the fact I dont wanna be here anymore but scared as ik they'll have to tell dad.

Sending you lots of strength, Chloe <3 It's so brave of you to want to reach out and tell someone about how you've been feeling. Do you have someone at school that you feel able to open up to?

Although it is scary to make that step, it sounds like it's something you want to do to release some of that pressure on your shoulders and see what support is out there for you.

Remember you can always talk to Crisis Messenger or Samaritans if you're struggling with those heavy thoughts. You shouldn't have to go through that alone. <3.
This discussion has been closed.