Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,217 Boards Champion
    Nights are so hard 💔
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 979 Part of The Mix Family
    Really really really really really want to come off my antidepressants
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 170 Helping Hand
    Hello @IainJammyboy
    I'm sorry you're going through a rough time, if you feel comfortable would you mind telling me why you want to stop taking your antidepressants? Have you talked about it with your doctor?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    LozLoz Community Champion Posts: 116 The Mix Convert
    In hospital again.
    "My darkside won today" - DArkSide by BMTH
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 170 Helping Hand
    Hello @Loz ,
    I'm really sorry to hear that - sending hugs your way.
    How are you feeling now? Is there anything you think would help at the moment?
    We are always here to offer support and help

Let us know how you're doing
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,558 Skive's The Limit
    Really sad as I calculated some calories wrong & more than what I calculated
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,217 Boards Champion
    Almost 4am and I haven't slept..
  • Options
    Sister wanting to go for a meal out and I just don’t know how to get out of it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,255 Wise Owl
    Suicidal :s so tired of ahit
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Trying my absolute hardest not to sh
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,133 Community Veteran
    edited October 2023
    Hi @JJLemon18 no worries that's totally fine you don't have to apologise for not being as active and you can take as much time as you need to until you feel ready to come back on <3 sending hugs.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Secretly exercising in my room after feeling like I’ve eaten too much today
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,955 Extreme Poster
    Another small vent. I missed two weeks worth of content at uni and now I'm super lost. I'm gonna apply for extra time for all my assignments and have emailed my tutor but I'm still worried I won't be able to catch up. Also one of the assignments requires me to record myself speaking... absolutely beautiful
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Wtf is happening??? We just got hit in the car by another car... Why is everything bad constantly happening? What have I done to deserve it??? :bawling:
    I havent replied to anything for over a week yet I already have several more rants a feel the need to post...
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @Loz, it sounds like you had a really awful experience with the mental health team in hospital. How are you feeling today? Have you been able to access any support since leaving the hospital?

Sending you lots of strength - we're all here for you <3
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Wtf is happening??? We just got hit in the car by another car... Why is everything bad constantly happening? What have I done to deserve it??? :bawling:

Oh no this sounds so scary @JJLemon18! How are you all doing? Let us know - I hope you're all okay <3.

It sounds like you feel things are all going wrong at once. You're more than welcome to create some dedicated threads to unpack some of those things with us.

You're doing so well to keep in touch with the community, we're all here for you!
  • Options
    @Gemma oh no I'm so sorry, I did make it sound scary. I want to clarify we are all okay and it wasn't a major accident at all, the car just got damaged a little. I didnt realise how serious I made it sound, probably because of how depressed I feel with everything that's happening so I may have overreacted a little. Kind of like 'the straw that broke the camels back'. Thought I'd clarify.
  • Options
    I can't cope
  • Options
    Am I a bad person?
  • Options
    I don't even know how to show myself kindness
  • Options
    I just want to be loved
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    Am I a bad person?

No ur not <3
    'And then one random night when everything changes you won't reply and we'll go back to strangers'
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Night it didn’t turn out so well. Came home early to binge and purge. Alcohol makes binging urges ten times worse

I also admitted that to a friend who I’m scared will tell my sister
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,255 Wise Owl
    Friend who has been helping me who is whole reason why am alive sented me suicide message and it broke me :bawling:
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    I had blood tests at my gp today. And she asked about my injuries while doing my bloods and said haven’t had the dressing changed for a bit as I feel guilty and don’t wanna use time. And she said oh I can dress it and I said oh only if you have time. Which yeah she did and all okay but then while I was waiting still in my gp surgery for the alchohol worker I saw this health care assistant go into the reception and all I heard was “she has ***** and expects us to dress them”. Which the type of injury I’m pretty sure it’s about me. Like no way did I expect that I was literally saying the opposite and For one you have duty of care and the type of injury needs dressing by professionals. I think she meant maybe need to go walk in centre instead but I do sometimes who tell me to rebook with my gp.
    Anyways it was playing on my mind loads so I told my alchohol worker in my appointment who said she will pass it on that people waiting can hear you at the very least to let them know and she just texted me saying “ Hey, thanks for coming in today! Just wanted to let you know, **** from the GP surgery is going to give you a call this afternoon. I let her know you'd over heard something and were a bit upset/annoyed by it - purely to make them aware that they can be heard! She's just going to check in with you and discuss what support they can offer. Hope that's ok!”

Well I ngl I do not want them to dress it at all as feel like massive annoying inconvenience
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,056 Boards Guru
    River wrote: »
    Friend who has been helping me who is whole reason why am alive sented me suicide message and it broke me :bawling:

Sending you lots of strength @River that sounds so incredibly tough. We're here for you if you'd like to chat <3. If you're looking for some additional support outside of the community Samaritans and Papyrus can be great places to reach out to <3

Samaritans also have a really helpful article about helping someone you're worried about - https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/if-youre-worried-about-someone-else/supporting-someone-suicidal-thoughts/

Keep reaching out whenever you need to. We're here for you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    I'm so hungry
This discussion has been closed.