Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Sat curled up on my bathroom floor in tears - love spending my night like this ....
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Throat's still weird. Seriously, what the hell? What's wrong?... Anyways until I update to say the sore throat's gone away, assume it's still there.
  • Options
    Emotionally numb is that such a thing ? 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Yes @Millie2787 emotionally numb is definitely a thing. I felt that way for over a year once. It's really unpleasant and leaves you feeling quite disconnected from the world doesn't it? I really hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Ariana said:
    Yes @Millie2787 emotionally numb is definitely a thing. I felt that way for over a year once. It's really unpleasant and leaves you feeling quite disconnected from the world doesn't it? I really hope you feel better soon.
    It has indeed @ariana
  • Options
    My mind won't fucking leave me alone right now. Idk what's even wrong. For one I just keep having thoughts that I'm unlovable and ugly and will never be good enough, and I feel so much hate towards myself. :(
  • Options
    I had to stop seeing my guinea pig earlier than I would've liked cause my stress was making me on the verge of hysteria. But then of course that's added to my stress cause it gives my brain another reason to yell at me that I'm a failure :pensive:
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    I had to stop seeing my guinea pig earlier than I would've liked cause my stress was making me on the verge of hysteria. But then of course that's added to my stress cause it gives my brain another reason to yell at me that I'm a failure :pensive:
    Hugs. Hope youre less stressed now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Wish my sleeping pattern wasnt so messed up. I am so tired but can never sleep. So weird
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Just want to go back to eating normally 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Got my first of 3 mock exams tomorrow (Monday,  Tuesday, Wednesday) all after lunch,  but if I eat I'll just feel extra nauseous. So terrified wish I could get out of it 💔
    Gotta do the bleddy gym after it tomorrow because my lecturer is stupid 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    uuuUUGgGGGhHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAaaaaahhHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh SSsssSCccRReEEEEEeeeEaAAAAAAaamMmmMMMMMMMMmmmMMmm UUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WwwAAAAHHHHhhhahhHHHHhhh SSSSCCCCCREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AH! AH! AHHHHHHHHH!   WAAAAAAA! AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaHHHaahhhhhHHHHhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Why. Just why. Why does everything have to be so... hard. Why does my family have to be so hard. Why does humanity have to be so hard. Why does being good enough have to be so hard. Most importantly, why does my mind have to be so hard. :anguished:
  • Options
    Can’t sleep thoughts are racing to much 😭
  • Options
    Best of luck @Laine. If you don't feel able to eat much can you at least suck on some sweets to get some sugar to your brain before the exams? Deep breaths. You can do it. xx

Sending hugs to you both @kathleen0172 and @Millie2787 xx
  • Options
    Feel sad. Have group therapy tomorrow and i did ring one place up but not the other and Age uk are suppose to ring me back tomorrow to talk about voluterring with them. But scared will take forever or just wont reach my goal and they will discharge me wnd leave me. And hard to do by myself and find motivation
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Been crying for like 2 hours now , everytime I go to cry now nothing but a tiny squeak comes it - is it possible I’ve cried all my tears 😂😭?!?! 
  • Options
    Ariana said:
    Best of luck @Laine. If you don't feel able to eat much can you at least suck on some sweets to get some sugar to your brain before the exams? Deep breaths. You can do it. xx

Sending hugs to you both @kathleen0172 and @Millie2787 xx
    thanks Ariana x can't afford any sweets, I'll try to get breakfast seeing as I'm skipping lunch x

Probably just Walk out during x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Definitely make sure you have a good breakfast @Laine . And maybe take a sugary drink or some milk from home if you can't afford sweets? I totally get what it's like to feel too anxious to eat because it happens to me too. 

Exams are really stressful, but try to remember that these are mocks and they're just giving you the chance to try it out before the real thing. See it as a chance to find out what works for you while the marks don't count. If you feel like you want to walk out maybe close the paper up, take some deep breaths, and try to clear your mind. Watch the seconds on the clock for a whole minute if you need to and just breathe until you feel calmer. Then try opening the paper up again and see anything extra you write after that as a bonus. We'll all be here rooting for you xx
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Hugs xxxxxxxxx

• Options
    Maybe triggering 

I was speaking to my sister about my room and then i got onto convo about how i have a dent in my wardrobe which i have no idea how it got there or when which i thought was weird & annoying and dont know how to fix. Then my sister said she knows how got there cause she did it when she walked on me trying to kill myself ages ago.

Hurt so much to hear 😭😭😭

• Options
    Feeling sick , scared and shaken I really don’t want to go in today 😩
  • Options
    Thanks @Ariana
    Can't watch the clock as they don't have one, you aren't allowed to know the time for some reason lol I'll count my breaths or something  x

Gonna talk to a lecturer about how much it's like a nightmare come true for me lol 

I really appreciate it xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Just want to run out of the CAMHS waiting room 
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    Sending you hugs @Millie2787 hope you're okay <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife said:
    Sending you hugs @Millie2787 hope you're okay <3
    @Aife just really shakey, anxious and struggling to breathe just  trying to calm down 
  • Options
    I'm trying to literally not speak a word for today or even a few days in hopes it makes my throat better. Wtf, has the strained vocal cord(s) swollen up or something?!
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Ended up coming home from work early  still don't think I've recovered from being in hospital and also have an infection in my arm so could be that making me feel lousy. Voices and thoughts are so strong and I don't know what to do 😭 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I'm trying to literally not speak a word for today or even a few days in hopes it makes my throat better. Wtf, has the strained vocal cord(s) swollen up or something?!
    ...I still ain't talking. Dunno what's wrong :confused: I just want to be able to use my voice goddammit. Seriously, picture yourself not being able to do something you love, so like, if you love photography imagine having your camera taken away. Or if you love football imagine having your legs taken away. I know it will get better but, then that leads into another thing, I can't shake off the depressioooooon.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    possible tw (not sure what counts so better be safe i guess)
    why do I have to be paranoid that my sibling who's in the kitchen in a mood is going to hurt my guinea pig? Help. :anguished:

This discussion has been closed.