Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why do 12 year old girls wear thongs?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I started wearing a bra when i was 10 and a thong when i was 12.
    I know some other girls i grew up with did the same thing.
    It didnt ruin my childhood,i wasnt abused,i didnt turn out to be promiscous.
    Thongs are not sexy!
    Id be much more concerned if 12 year olds were buying french knickers which are all the rage now.They cover up much more of you ass,but lets be honest...they scream wanting to a)look sexy or B)feel sexy..
    Just adding my thoughts to this discussion feel free to rip them apart.

I think people were most annoyed about a very old post being dredged up rather than the subject matter itself. Besides everyone has the right to an opinion, but everyone else has the right to disagree with it- Freedom of speech. Personally though back to the subject i was around 20 when i first wore a thong and i bought my first g-string this year aged 24. I d find thongs more comfortable and yes i do think they are sexy, so i can see why theres this debate. However i've seen some thongs that are clearly wrong. They are advertised for young children and early teenagers, but say things like "eat my cherry" etc.. which for a 10 year old to wear (for example) is just plain wrong!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    This thread is almost two years old, it just won't die!!
  • Options
    Thongs are an inherently sexy piece of underwear. Children won't realise or understand this, but older people will, and assume that if you are wearing a thong then you are more sexually mature than you are.

Perhaps this is wrong, and underwear shouldn't be treated as sexual, but it is so tough.

And as I have said before, pre-teenaged children shouldn't be worrying about VPL.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    This thread is almost two years old, it just won't die!!
    You, oh LadyJade, can deliver the final blow needed to the thread!
  • Options
    why do people get so angry about old posts being dragged up. its not harming anyone.

im not one to come up with this line but "freedom of speech" comes to mind, as so many of the regular posters seem to use.
  • Options
    Because its curteous to start a new thread rather than dragging up threads that are years old.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Because its curteous to start a new thread rather than dragging up threads that are years old.

explain...(without quoting a rule book)
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    explain...(without quoting a rule book)
    In most cases, it's because old threads are no longer relevant. This one seems to be something of an exception, though.
  • Options
    Theres a rule book?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    In most cases, it's because old threads are no longer relevant. This one seems to be something of an exception, though.

exactly, if it was a personal problem then theres no reason to drag it up.

but for a discussion like this, it should just run naturally, if people have something to say, let them say it
  • Options
    But i can see why it would piss people off though...
  • Options
    people should relax a little more then.
  • Options
    I've often wondered why people get mad at certain threads being resurrected. Sure, it's context sensitive; there are some things which aren't worth bringing back up, dead issues, issues we'd rather not revisit..... but if something's still topical then I don't see a problem with tagging new posts onto the end of it.

I think one of the things that confuses newbies on internet forums is that they so often get flamed for not running searches!!
  • Options
    *cries* WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE?!?!?!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Fiend_85 wrote:

Because people are still intrested in the subject?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ;[ There was a new post there last night....
  • Options
    Given everyone else is throwing in their two pence I'll have a go.

Bringing up old threads like this is rude because it expects everyone to re-read all the pages, which some of us dont have the time/will to do.

It is also rude because the Mods have asked you not to, and there is no freedom of speach, no fairness, no right to appeal, they say and we jump, they've taken the time to bloody set up the boards after all.

So dont do it.
  • Options
    Can't a mod close it down?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    But then we get into having to close down every thread once it gets over a certain amount of time since someone has posted, and we just don't have the time to do that. Although I may have to make an exception for this thread, as it pops back up every couple of weeks - obviously a controvertial subject! But the reasons for not posting in old threads, amongst other things, are in the Good Manners Guide.
  • Options
    Can you not just close this one down...?
  • Options
    In the paper today there was story about a catalogue selling thongs for girls as young as 4.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    In the paper today there was story about a catalogue selling thongs for girls as young as 4.

Little wonder that people are jumping into bed with each other once they hit 12 or 13, when they're being sexualised from such a young age. Absolutely outrageous IMO. Why on God's earth does a 4 year old need one?
  • Options
    Museman wrote:
    Why on God's earth does a 4 year old need one?

Why does wearing a thong 'sexualise you'?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

because people like you keep replying to it?

yes ok, so i am too but i don't have a problem with the thread in the first place.
  • Options
    Museman wrote:
    Little wonder that people are jumping into bed with each other once they hit 12 or 13, when they're being sexualised from such a young age. Absolutely outrageous IMO. Why on God's earth does a 4 year old need one?

I don't think I've been sexualised from a young age - I've always been quite innocent and geeky. I think underage sex is often just an issue of personal choice, and whether the relationship is mature, responsible and respectful enough to handle it. But then not forgetting the girls in my year losing their virginity whilst practically paraletic to a 25 yr old they just met in the pub.

I did see a huge amount of young girls in mini-skirts, short tops etc today at a car-boot sale. These girls were as young as six.. you could practically see their pants.. and it wasn't hot or anything - i was wearing a waterproof jacket and wellies! It just looked awfully tacky and wrong.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Why does wearing a thong 'sexualise you'?

Explain to me why exactly a thong would be appropriate or necessary for a child of that age. I saw a feature on tv about some of these children's thongs with racy things written on them ('come get me' being an example, 'playmate' another). They were aimed at girls of about 10-12. IMO there are certain ways a child shouldn't dress. I don't think it's right to see girls not even into their teens walking round in knee length boots, short skirts, looking like hookers. We are we so desperate for young people to grow up so quickly thesedays? Why can't we let kids be kids? A lot of girls feel like they need to act and dress like a grown woman by the time they start secondary school!

If you get to a certain age and want to wear thongs, then fine. I have no general problem with them (quite the opposite :razz: )

But what I'm saying is, it's part of a wider societal process of encouraging young people to grow up too quickly. It's not just the thongs. A 10 year old girl can walk into a shop, and buy herself a whole outfit, designed for a person of her age, to make her look like a slut. Sad but true.
  • Options
    Thongs themselves dont sexuallise someone, in the same way that racy lacy red nipple tassles and bondage gear dont sexualise someone either if youre not into that sort of thing. that doesnt mean its innocent and that woolworths should be stocking them for 10 year olds.
    whatever - end of *does that saskia movement with hand*
  • Options
    Museman wrote:
    Explain to me why exactly a thong would be appropriate or necessary for a child of that age.

And why wouldn't it? Are thongs always 'sexy' underwear or can they be just as 'innocent' as a pair of knickers?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Thongs are sexy panties. IMO its just as wrong for a kid to wear a corsit.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    And why wouldn't it? Are thongs always 'sexy' underwear or can they be just as 'innocent' as a pair of knickers?

See Zella's response! I agree with it entirely.
This discussion has been closed.