Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why do 12 year old girls wear thongs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
it makes me so mad to know that you can now buy young girls of the age of 11 thongs i mean what is this world coming to??

i didnt start wearing thongs properly untill i turned 16 :angel: come on peeps lets hear your view!!
xx
Laura

Comments

• Options
    Heylo Laura. :)

And yes, it makes me mad also. My ten year old sister went on a camping trip recently and she come back to tell me that one of the girls in her ten wore a thong. :| She was ten and she was wearing a thong. I think its sick.
  • Options
    I wear thongs like all the time, and im 15, i have done for about a year - not the same pair obviously :p

Personally, i think kids are starting to grow up alot quicker nowadays, probably because of marketing aimed at them. I know i've grown up quite quickly, but thats probably because i have 2 elder sisters and an elder brother. Saying that, i dont think ive grown up too quickly though, just mature for my age.

It probably makes them feel more grown up if they wear thongs or something. But yes, i do think 12 is very young to start wearing 'skimpy' underwear - but as i said before, with all the marketing that is now aimed at them to grow up quicker, you cant really blame them.

And 10 is just :eek2:
  • Options
    well i think its ok...its a well-known fact that people are getting older quicker. I suppose in a way its business' faught for tehir 'tween-marketing' but hey thats where some of the most money lays (if disposable incomes lower, parnets would rather spend less on themseleves than on their children) so you can't really blame them.
  • Options
    I didn't even know what a thong was when I was 10 :eek2:
  • Options
    I'm kind of in two minds about this one. One part of me says yes, it's sick, sexual connotations and all that.

but then the other half of me thinks, these kids probably only want to wear thongs because they've seen their favourite singers wearing similar things on music vids etc etc, and so they don't associate them with sex at all, just with britney or kylie or whoever. they just want to copy their idols. at the end of the day it's only adults who associate them with sex.

having said that though, kids in thongs does nothing to help the whole paedophilia situation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I didn't even know what a thong was when I was 10 :eek2:

nither did i!!!
    i only started wearing them at 16, and now i wear nothing but them.... but a 12year old!! its wrong!! my cousin is 14 and she doesnt own one!
    But kids now a days they try to be so grown up, so fast, and look, theres girls of 13, 14 with kids themselfs! scary!
  • Options
    :D thank god for that at least u agree with me!!15 is ok to wear thongs but im saying that i think you should stay young while we can i mean my mum thinks im immature for my age which i dont see how so we should all live young till we cant but dont wear thongs at such a young age!! to m wearing a thong make me feel quite kinky :blush: lol thanks peeps
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    I'm kind of in two minds about this one. One part of me says yes, it's sick, sexual connotations and all that.

but then the other half of me thinks, these kids probably only want to wear thongs because they've seen their favourite singers wearing similar things on music vids etc etc, and so they don't associate them with sex at all, just with britney or kylie or whoever. they just want to copy their idols. at the end of the day it's only adults who associate them with sex.
    I agree with most of that. It just depends upon whose point of view and attitude it is. Yes, thongs have sexual connotations, but kids only wear them because of fashion. It's been the same for decades, with kids wanting to look more and more adult, which is something that kids just naturally want to do. For them it's playing of sorts.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    think i posted a topic on this a while back.

They now sell things for 8 year olds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    think i posted a topic on this a while back.
    Yep, I remember it. Much the same things were said that have already been said. Some people think thongs = sex, not fashion. Of course they are both fashion (in their own right, and to prevent VPL), and sexy because they are revealing.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    It's sick and any parent that lets her young daughter wear one of those things should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Uhhh, it's just underwear? Bloody hell, I wanted a bra when I was little. Oh noooo. Evil eeeeeevil. *stab stab*
  • Options
    Oooh *Points* New av Claire :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Uhhh, it's just underwear? Bloody hell, I wanted a bra when I was little. Oh noooo. Evil eeeeeevil. *stab stab*

How er...nice for you:eek2: :p

But there is a difference between wanting to wear something and actually wearing it.
  • Options

Oooh! Me too!

And my cousins were totally mean. Used me as their slave, and said if I didn't do what they wanted me to, I won't get a bra when I grow up :(
  • Options
    theyll be having stockings and suspenders and crotchless pants for 8 year olds next, you mark my words
  • Options
    hunnypot i agree with u!!sorry if u had this topic already but im a newbie and didnt know about it :) soon it will b aceptable for 12 year olds to drink beer in pubs :rolleyes:
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    I only really started wearing them when I was about 17! top me, they were so uncomfy...reminded me of cheese wire! however I soon reaslised the benefits and now they are comfy :D I dont think its right for young girls to wear them. Your only kid for a short part of your life, theres years to be an adult and do adukt things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I only really started wearing them when I was about 17! top me, they were so uncomfy...reminded me of cheese wire! however I soon reaslised the benefits and now they are comfy :D I dont think its right for young girls to wear them. Your only kid for a short part of your life, theres years to be an adult and do adukt things.
    :yes: :yes: :wave:
    thanks guys :)
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    theres nothing wrong with them. its just underwear. just because somebody wears a thong doesn't mean they are out slutting around. thongs are just more comfortable than briefs, perhaps they learned that early on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    theres nothing wrong with them. its just underwear. just because somebody wears a thong doesn't mean they are out slutting around. thongs are just more comfortable than briefs, perhaps they learned that early on.
    :mad: wottt dont u think ud rather see a woman in thongs rather than a little 10 year old girl!!thongs r not for little girls anyways :D
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    Originally posted by pretty_in_pink
    :mad: wottt dont u think ud rather see a woman in thongs rather than a little 10 year old girl!!thongs r not for little girls anyways :D
    xx
    Laura

well personally, i dont want to see any female in their underwear no matter what kind it is ;) but a certian type underwear is not automatically linked to getting/wanting sex or other things that are not appropiate for that age. thongs can be used for soo many reasons. comfort and style. and no, its not underwear style, its for what else you wear. i wore them when i was young because i didn't want lines under my dance leotards and costumes. people wear them because they dont show lines under pants that aren't jeans. i was taught by my other dance friends when i was 8 that brief underwear should not be worn at dance. sometimes a underwear choice is just about practicalness.
  • Options
    I saw a girl yesterday at work, must have been about 8 or 9, wearing a skirt like thingy wore in that Dirrty vid, with thongs over the top *faints* She was wearing a little pair of heeled boots too. Where the hell sells little boots like that!? Oh and she was wearing make up.

I never understand these things.
  • Options
    peeps children are growing up too early and its sad
    xx
    laura
  • Options
    but a certian type underwear is not automatically linked to getting/wanting sex or other things that are not appropiate for that age. thongs can be used for soo many reasons. comfort and style.

manda, you read my mind! (and put that so much better than I could've *sob*)
  • Options
    but a certian type underwear is not automatically linked to getting/wanting sex or other things that are not appropiate for that age. thongs can be used for soo many reasons. comfort and style.

i would say that a young girl wearing a thong for something like dance, where it's functional, and a young girl wearing a black lacey thong just because are very different.

my grandma gave me a thong for christmas one time. i was about 13. i was shocked. so was she when it was pointed out to her that it was actually a thong and not nice, sensible underwear like she thought :lol:
  • Options
    i wore them when i was young because i didn't want lines under my dance leotards and costumes. people wear them because they dont show lines under pants that aren't jeans. i was taught by my other dance friends when i was 8 that brief underwear should not be worn at dance. sometimes a underwear choice is just about practicalness.

Yes, but these little girls aren't wearing them because of VPL but when these little girls are wearing mini-skirts, and you can see there ass- there 10 YO ass- do you agree with that as well? And wearing them under school unfiorm and flashing the boys-which has been reported? Most of these girls aren't wearing them for practicality, its to feel "sexy" and so all the boys look at them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i would say that a young girl wearing a thong for something like dance, where it's functional, and a young girl wearing a black lacey thong just because are very different.
    i agree 100% with you i think its yech that they can wear lacey thongs :mad:
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    And wearing them under school unfiorm and flashing the boys-which has been reported?

Me and my friends did that when we were little in our regular normal pants. Is that any better/worse?

It's underwear. Lots of my thongs aren't even lacy or sexy, they have little cartoon characters, pictures or print patterns on them or are just completely plain. How sexy. Fuck me now! :p

And I have no idea how a thong makes anyone feel sexy. :eek2: Eugh, my assss.
  • Options
    Me and my friends did that when we were little in our regular normal pants. Is that any better?

exatly. and hell, in school the times when i was 3-5 for fucks sake, it was the boys who sat on the floor to look up all the girls dresses while they sat on the radiator. blame the boys. and besides, little boys wear boxers with peepholes, (no i havnt' looked, i worked in a clothing store) thats not very decent.
This discussion has been closed.