Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why do 12 year old girls wear thongs?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think my issues are less with why the kids want to wear them, but with the associations that adults have with them, and the adult reaction to kids in thongs.
  • Options
    I find it saddening that there is so much pressure put on them to dress like that because of fashion at such a young age, but the actual thong doesnt really bother me. I find children wearing miniskirts and boob-tubes far more offensive, and I blame marketing companies and I blame people like Britney and Christina.

Children have always wanted to look like adults- a lot of girls try their mums make up, and theyve always liked to dress up in adult-style dresses, etc, but I find it sadder that the adult fashion is for women to dress like hookers today.

But Im a traditionalist, and find too much flesh distasteful. Less flesh is sexier, as the imagination doesnt imagine stretch marks and cellulite:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Me and my friends did that when we were little in our regular normal pants. Is that any better/worse?

Well yeah, its worse. From the back, these 10 YO girls might as well not be wearing any underwear at all. Normal girls pants are fine, because, well I think so anyway, you can't see anything. I don't know about you, but when I was 10, I knew all about sex, and so did all my girl mates, so Im sure these girls are only doing it for attention from the boys, which just ain't right!

:crazyeyes

in my opinion anyway.
  • Options
    Ah yeah, 'cause little kids flashing their arses at each other really gets them all wanting to fuck each other. :/

Girls are always trying to get attention from boys. We all used to play kiss chase. Omg, what could kissing lead to? :eek:
  • Options
    Ah yeah, 'cause little kids flashing their arses at each other really gets them all wanting to fuck each other. :/

Girls are always trying to get attention from boys. We all used to play kiss chase. Omg, what could kissing lead to? :eek:

it's not the little boys you have to worry about. kids always play their little innocent sex games (well, you know what i mean).

it's the adults who are the problem.
  • Options

You played kiss chase in year 6? :p

edit: yeay! 250 posts
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    You played kiss chase in year 6? :p
    Girls flashed you in Year 6? :p

And fuck knows :| Try asking me what happened yesterday and I won't remember that either. :p But we all used to play stupid games like Spin the bottle and Truth or Dare and shit like that where we'd have to get off with guys and what not and we were all young. Oooh terrible. :p
    And I hardly think many 12 year olds are gonna go flashing their arses at people anyway. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    But Im a traditionalist, and find too much flesh distasteful. Less flesh is sexier, as the imagination doesnt imagine stretch marks and cellulite:p

charmed i'm sure :)
  • Options
    Ive got a better idea. Lets enforce national underwear regualtions.

Just another step towards the nanny state.
  • Options
    Thongs aren't comfortable, they ride up your carck and show the blubber on your arse. They were not made to be comfortable, they were made to appeal to men. Older girls might find them comfortable as they feel more sexy, (don't really understand how anyone would find a bit of dental floss more comfortable than a nice pair of knickers) but I find it hard to believe that little girls find these thongs comfortable.

And to be perfectly honest, getting off with guys in Year 6 is hardly a normal thing for a ten year old/11 year old to do...
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    They were not made to be comfortable, they were made to appeal to men.

No, they weren't. They were made so you don't get a VPL through trousers, etc.
    And to be perfectly honest, getting off with guys in Year 6 was something only "certain" children did. It's hardly a normal thing for a ten year old/11 year old to do...

Oh ffs. :rolleyes: Did I say I got off with them at 10/11? No. I got off with them when I was a young teenager. Oh my God. Kissing boys. :eek: Such a little slag. Because that's just sooo terrible.
    But we all used to play stupid games like Spin the bottle and Truth or Dare and shit like that where we'd have to get off with guys and what not and we were all young. Oooh terrible.
    And I hardly think many 12 year olds are gonna go flashing their arses at people anyway.

Nowhere in there did I say I was ten/eleven when I got off with people.

But of course, we could all live not getting off with anyone for God knows how long like the other "certain" kind of people.
  • Options
    Jesus fucking Christ!

A twelve year old wearing a thong doesn't turn her into a slag.

Seriously, just fucking listen to what you're saying.
  • Options
    Girls flashed you in Year 6? :p

And fuck knows :| Try asking me what happened yesterday and I won't remember that either. :p But we all used to play stupid games like Spin the bottle and Truth or Dare and shit like that where we'd have to get off with guys and what not and we were all young. Oooh terrible. :p

I read it as that's what you used to do in Year 6 as that is what you'd just been talking about. Misunderstood, sorrryyyyy :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Jesus fucking Christ!

A twelve year old wearing a thong doesn't turn her into a slag.

Seriously, just fucking listen to what you're saying.

Who are you referring to?
  • Options
    Who are you referring to?

Anyone who thinks twelve year olds wearing thongs is wrong.
  • Options
    12 year olds with thongs, what's next, 10 year olds with thongs :p

No seriously, that is wrong, thongs are for WOMEN, not girls.
  • Options

I think it's wrong, not because I think it makes them slags but because it means their parents aren't allowing them to hold onto their childhood properly. Thongs should be for girls aged at least 16. There's nothing wrong with VPL on a little girl or on any girl for that matter, but girls our age might worry about looking good in their clothes. Girls that age shouldn't be worrying about their looks. They should be thinking more about doing well in school and learning respect.

Sorry, just my personal opinion.
  • Options

Totally agree with hunnypots last statement.
  • Options
    come on all u peeps who think its ok i mean they have pictures of cherrys on thongs 4 12 year olds and cherrys r associated with being a virgin and askin a guy to pop it!!:mad: :wave:
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    Originally posted by pretty_in_pink
    come on all u peeps who think its ok i mean they have pictures of cherrys on thongs 4 12 year olds and cherrys r associated with being a virgin and askin a guy to pop it!!:mad: :wave:
    xx
    Laura

maybe it means that, but then again, maybe the cherry is just a cherry. not everything always has to be associated in a bad way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    maybe it means that, but then again, maybe the cherry is just a cherry. not everything always has to be associated in a bad way.
    but most lads of the age of 16 would assume that it means pop my cherry which isnt the sort of thing little girls should b wearing!!:D
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    Wah wah wah wah. I think i mighta missed somethin.

Why is it so frowned upon? Its not dirty or anythin. It doesnt make them slags. Shitarama, i dont believe what im hearin.

I think too many people relate thong wearing to strippers and other stuff like that, but damn... it dont mean they show it off to everone.

I dont know any 12 year old girls who dont wear them [granted i dont know many 12 year old girls]

I cant think of anyone who doesnt wear thongs. I dont think my nan does :confused:

Some girls i know do when the painters are in, but its just clothing. damn im confused

I dont think any lads who think thong is an invitation to :lol::naughty: - theyre such an everyday thing where I live though.

Anyway thongs are much more comfy, aparantly :rolleyes:
    Someone tell me why its such a bad thing plz? thanks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonWalkingsFun
    Wah wah wah wah. I think i mighta missed somethin.

Why is it so frowned upon? Its not dirty or anythin. It doesnt make them slags. Shitarama, i dont believe what im hearin.

I think too many people relate thong wearing to strippers and other stuff like that, but damn... it dont mean they show it off to everone.

I dont know any 12 year old girls who dont wear them [granted i dont know many 12 year old girls]

I cant think of anyone who doesnt wear thongs. I dont think my nan does :confused:

Some girls i know do when the painters are in, but its just clothing. damn im confused

I dont think any lads who think thong is an invitation to :lol::naughty: - theyre such an everyday thing where I live though.

Anyway thongs are much more comfy, aparantly :rolleyes:
    Someone tell me why its such a bad thing plz? thanks.
    :wave: hey
    well young girls are growing up too quick and they should live out their childhood!! i dont refferthongs with:naughty: but i reffer g strings with :naughty: lol
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    Kiddiewinkles should stick to granny pants, and cropped vests. Wearing bras and thongs is something you have to look forward to when you're in your teens. Not when you're just getting a few inches taller, and some bumps in behind your nips.

Although thongs are practical and whatnot, to me, thongs associate with sex, and kids should not do that until they've managed to wear bras because they want them, not because they think it's "cool".

A man, came into my work the other day, asking for a gel filled bra for his 8 year old daughter. Now can you honestly say that's acceptable? Kids are noted for their innocence and childlike qualities, yes, they want to grow up, but encouraging them when they want thongs and bras is just a piece of nonsense. I hadn't a scooby thongs actually came about until I was like, 17/18. And I'm glad I didn't. It's a natural process to grow up and do adult things, but do it when you're going into the peak of young adult hood. Not when, as I said before, you're growing a few inches here and there, sprouting a few hairs, and gaining small bumps behind your nips.

It's the same with mobile phones as well. :rolleyes: Kids lose their innocence the time they reach 7 I think. They know too much. And the media GIVES too much away. Parental guidance is far too leniant as well in most cases, but I still like to think there are some 10 year olds who'll thank you more for a girlie toy, than a thong.
  • Options
    1983 u took the words out of my mouth u couldnt have sed it better :thumb: :yes: :wave:
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    I see ur point but when I think about all my mates younger sisters who are like 12 - 15 I cant see the problem. One of my best mates sisters is the most caring, funny [blah blah] person ive ever met... and if id just saw her on the street id probobly judge her, but i learn from things like that.

End of the day clothes are clothes, and what it comes down to is if you associate thongs with kinky sex - or- if you associate them with clothing which is a matter of preference.

I think uve got a topic where noone will agree here :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonWalkingsFun
    I see ur point but when I think about all my mates younger sisters who are like 12 - 15 I cant see the problem. One of my best mates sisters is the most caring, funny [blah blah] person ive ever met... and if id just saw her on the street id probobly judge her, but i learn from things like that.

End of the day clothes are clothes, and what it comes down to is if you associate thongs with kinky sex - or- if you associate them with clothing which is a matter of preference.

I think uve got a topic where noone will agree here :D

I know, like I said, I'm used to childhood the way it was when I was younger. I live by those times. Now, times have greatly changed, and I think it's for the worse, but it's a mixed view to this. People can adapt however they wish, but I still think it takes away a lot of the anticipation of "growing up" from them. Hey ho. :)

God..I never thought I'd see this coming. My Dad and I were talking about this, like..how we grow within our lives, and see vast changes, although he's seen like the Gulf War, Falklands War, The Beatles, and AIDs wipe out, transition from black TV to colour, computers shrinking in size, fashion changes..I feel I've not seen as much to compare, but this is a big change, I think. :| Meh, maybe not.
  • Options
    Ur still young, I doubt girls wearing thongs is gona be the vast change experience of your life... or maybe...?! :eek2:
  • Options
    Nooo, not like that, I'm saying it like, it's a big change, kids aren't seen as kids, they're seen as little people. :| Yes, I know I'm still young, but I hadn't expected a change such as this. And I know it's not a big change as such, since there are so many political situations lurking about like that MI6 bloke, and Dr. Kelly, but still..I dunno. I'm warbling. :|
  • Options
    so all u peeps who think its cool for little girls to wear thongs r u gonna say its ok for them to drink alcohol (if they did start drinkin it )at 12??if u get my question:p :lol:
    xx
    Laura
This discussion has been closed.