Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fat people...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    God fat people, gay people, smokers....anything else?!
    Is there a gay, fat, smoker anywhere on thesite? I'd love to meet you:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo

How do you explain a person who is clearly overweight queueing up in the chip-shop section in Asda?
    When you walk around the supermarket, you must come across fat people....what have they got in their trolly? It isn't exactly skimmed milk is it?

Its none of your business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People like you have got a real attitude problem. Why should you care what the hell they are eating?

Nobody is perfect............Sorry not even you !!

Is this all you have got to do, complain about about peoples weight ? its about choice, freedom to choose what they eat when they eat, just like you choose what you want to eat.

Some people have serious health problems which mean they cannot lose weight, so what do you think about them?

If someone is unhappy about their weight then its up to them to lose the weight in which ever way they can, but when people like yourself are nagging do you think this would help someone to want to lose weight? I think not, I think they would probably tell you to "shut the F**K up and stop nagging.
  • Options

Yes it is simple!
    OK, I've got an idea, if theres a fat person on thesite, tell us...I want to ask a few questions....

Okay arsehole, lets talk about being fat shall we?

I have an underactive thyroid, so from being a skinny runt, I put on several stone in approximately a year.

But hey, it's all my fault right?

Cunt.

I have no tolerance for people like you.
  • Options

Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, that Ab Roller or whatever etc are all RUBBISH. And the reality is that fat people who want to be thin rely on these things to become thin, and fail miserably.

Bollocks! You are berating people for attempting to solve the very problem that revolts you so much- their weight. Fair enough slim fast and that crap ab roller thing aren't the best way to lose weight, but they can be a first step for many.

I joined slimming world recently cos I had put on 4 stone ( oh my god, call the fat police!!!) when I was pregnant. My son is five months now and I decided yeah, it's time to get your figure back. This club promotes healthy eating and shows you how to cut out all the crap that can make you fat, whilst eating an interesting diet. Going to a weekly class is also very motivating and it teaches people things they didn't know about eating healthily. I'm steadily losing weight and eating lovely healthy and filling meals, so no weight watching clubs aren't for failures

You have a very narrow minded and dare I say juvenile attitude. What you don't understand is that weight problems can be due to a lack of education about healthy eating. Families pass on eating habits down generations and I personally come from a working class background where plenty of meats, tatties and fatty gravies are used. Pudding is always served. I personally don't eat like that anymore, because I am educated on healthy eating, but not everyone has that luxury. People ate like this during the War etc, but never gained an ounce because they were very active. Nowadays as a generation we are less active and that coupled with the explosion of the fast food craze and inactive jobs has led to an overweight society.

A lot of 18-24 year olds are getting bigger due to the mad drinking sessions we have. I'd give up my boozy nights out for no-one. I'd rather carry a couple of extra pounds.

Contentment and being in love can make you fat. There's nothing nicer than a lovely meal with someone you are mad about or a night in with a bottle of wine and a chinese.

The point I'm making is is it really worth sacricing everything fun for the perfect size 8 figure? No, it's not. You really don't understand enough about life and are too stereotypical to be even trying to be making grown up posts.

• Options
    Not exactly being fan of Crescendo, but his original quote i can relate to. When people complain of being fat when they're stuffing double pie and chips down their gobs, is fucking annoying. Like an alcoholic complaining his liver's fucked or a smoker complaining he's got a constant cough. And yes, it's fucking annoying when these greedy guzzlers whinge on and on about being fat. People have said it to me, and i've told em the blunt truth. Go on a diet and exercise. I'm not exactly Mr slim and lovely 2002 myself, but far from being obese. But i don't whinge about my weight. I know what to do, eat healthier, eat less and exercise, end of story. But hey, it takes me enough effort to find a reason for living each day, let alone go to a gym :D Yeah, there are people who have physical/sociological/mental problems that cause weight gain, but we all know it's the minority. I think Crescendo comes across as a bit..............blunt at times. If anyone has a problem purely because someone else if fat, then they should fuck off and die. But i can see what he's trying to say.
  • Options
    in my experience, its usually the girls who are reasonably slim, who moan about their weight the most.
  • Options
    Its actually also more expensive to eat healthily, unless of course you try and survive purely on vegetables.
    Cheap meat and 'value' foods are fatty and full of crap.
    Also its what you eat, you can eat a low fat diet and still become overweight by eating the wrong types of food, as lovedup said, diet education, some have no idea of what a healthy diet is, just cutting down may solve the problem in the short term but how long can you survive on very little crap food before it effects your overall health?
    There is alot more to being fat that just overeating and indulging on pie and chips everynight, and its unfair to label all fat people as lazy and gluttonous. Each fat person has their individual reason for being that way, and I dont think anyone has the right to judge another on narrow minded preconceptions.
  • Options
    Wehey!!! Me and Rubberskin agree on something (well...sort of).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Okay arsehole, lets talk about being fat shall we?

I have an underactive thyroid, so from being a skinny runt, I put on several stone in approximately a year.

But hey, it's all my fault right?

Cunt.

I have no tolerance for people like you.
    Why did you post this reply? Did you not read the previous replys by me? Allow me to repeat myself with a bit of re-wording...
    THIS WHOLE TOPIC IS NOT AIMED AT THE MINORITY OF PEOPLE (i.e those who have an eating disorder, or disease, or are happy with being fat etc). I sympathise. IT IS ABOUT THE MAJORITY OF FAT PEOPLE WHO DREAM ABOUT BEING SLIM, BUT EAT RUBBISH AND DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!
    FOR GODS SAKES CAN YOU ALL PLEEEAASE READ WHAT I ACTUALLY SAY, AND STOP ASSUMING SO NEGATIVELY!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Some people have serious health problems which mean they cannot lose weight, so what do you think about them?
    Again, what did I just say to Man Of Kent, and I mentioned previously................
  • Options
    CAN EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS LINK AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK:

http://www.schwarzenegger.com/en/athlete/message/index.asp?sec=athlete&subsec=message

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger also 'ignorant', 'bigoted', an 'arsehole', have 'an attitude problem', a 'cunt'.......and whatever else you lot have been calling me...OR DOES HE ACTUALLY HAVE A VALID POINT? A POINT WHICH HAS A GOOD OUTCOME?

I don't know about you lot, but I certainly don't live in a world where everything is 'flowers and daisies' (if you get what I mean). All I know are the facts.
  • Options

IT IS ABOUT THE MAJORITY OF FAT PEOPLE WHO DREAM ABOUT BEING SLIM, BUT EAT RUBBISH AND DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!

I certainly don't dream about being slim! I don't have a problem with it myself I'm used to being fat and if it didn't effect my health I'd stay how I am! Its just society is fucked up and judges everything on appearance! :rolleyes:

:yes: Long live big booty girls!!!!! :yes:
  • Options
    Wehey!!! Me and Rubberskin agree on something (well...sort of).

Well of course. I'm not gonna disagree with you, just because of who you are. Not like some sad puppies here. If you have a valid point, which you're original argument was, then hey i'll support you. If you're just fat bashing then................... I'm sure you can fill that in :) It's the same with Big Muscley Steve. He gets a hell of a lot of shit for being fit:confused: We've been to clubs n bars and we'll walk past someone and the usual shit of "Yeah bet that's steroids, bet he's gay" etc. :rolleyes: Ooooooo the fights we've got into over that. And always at the end play my HIV card:D Usually if they've drawn my blood i'll end it by, "Pop along for an HIV test in 3 months won't you darling?" Some of the looks i've had are worth bottling:D But hey, might as well get something from this fucking disease.:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mz Stonedalot

I certainly don't dream about being slim! I don't have a problem with it myself I'm used to being fat and if it didn't effect my health I'd stay how I am! Its just society is fucked up and judges everything on appearance! :rolleyes:

:yes: Long live big booty girls!!!!! :yes:
    I'm just guessing that your not even fat. You may be fat as in a womans definition of fat (eg, not being able to fit into that dress, or not looking like supermodels), but not actually fat. I'm I right?
  • Options
    CAN EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS LINK AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK:

http://www.schwarzenegger.com/en/athlete/message/index.asp?sec=athlete&subsec=message

Is Arnold Schwarzenegger also 'ignorant', 'bigoted', an 'arsehole', have 'an attitude problem', a 'cunt'.......and whatever else you lot have been calling me...OR DOES HE ACTUALLY HAVE A VALID POINT? A POINT WHICH HAS A GOOD OUTCOME?

Yes I read it, yes I agree with it, he has a good point, BUT he is not ripping into fat people. No, he is encouraging a healthier way of life, to stop obesity.
    Still, it is a very 'rosy' way of looking at things isnt it.
    Money talks not people pressure.
    Junk sells, its a fact, if schools were to put healthy food in the machines it would not sell, the venders would loose profits.
    School cutbacks will cut out the least 'needed' subjects such as P.E. no amount of parent pressure will change that, its about finances, and league tables. Exam results that take you onto higher ed. good jobs.
    We do need more exercise, but you can be fit and still be overweight. What exactly are you having the problem with? Unfit people or overweight people or are you just frustrated by lazy people? People who dont care about their bodies?
  • Options
    Could you please confirm what you think fat is? I do agree that when you've said 'fat' people have automatically thought you meant people a bit chubby (myself included!). So in women, what size would you classify fat?
  • Options

I'm just guessing that your not even fat. You may be fat as in a womans definition of fat (eg, not being able to fit into that dress, or not looking like supermodels), but not actually fat. I'm I right?

Nah I am fat! I'm am classed as obese, oh sorry wasn't I speaking like a typical fat person would?! Just cos I don't agree with you it doesn't mean I ain't fat! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Bumblebee, what sizes are what? Can you give us a celebrity example of a size 14? I find it hard to visualise.

There are always exceptions like MOK and his thyroid, but as im sure he can tell us, his condition is rare, as are all the other medical conditions that lead to obesity....The VAST majority of overweight and obese people are there because they are lazy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Bumblebee, what sizes are what? Can you give us a celebrity example of a size 14? I find it hard to visualise.

Celebs aren't size 14! They wouldn't be allowed on TV!! I don't know really, maybe Vanessa Feltz at her *thinnest* (she claimed she was a 12 but there was no way!)
  • Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a size 16.
  • Options
    I think Sophie Dahl was originally about a size 14 - 16 but shes gone all skinny now. The thing is, all women are different shapes, so a 14 might be big for some people but look very slim on others, it also depends on your height. My best mate for example is a size 14 and im a size 12, but I dont think she looks any bigger than me, possibly she even looks slimmer, because shes more in proportion than I am, Ive got big hips, I actually wear a size 10 top, and 12 trousers, so no matter what I do I dont think ill ever be entirely happy with my body because I see myself as out of proportion (I try not to whinge about it though :p )
  • Options
    I wear a size 16 top but 14 bottoms, so it really does depend on proportions!
  • Options
    So theres nobody in any popular tv shows that are size 14? I find that hard to believe, unless im seriously underestimating how big size 14 is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    So theres nobody in any popular tv shows that are size 14?

Shell - the bolnde barmaid in Coronation Street (shut up, there's nowt else on Sunday night) is about a size 14.
    Nadia Sawawhotsit (used to be in Eastenders) too.....and maybe Janine from EE as well.
    I don't consider someone who is a size 14 fat. But then I'd consider fat morbidly obese. Not 'has an arse.'
    If only people would wear clothes that fit them instead of squeezing themselves into smaller sizes. That ain't pretty.
  • Options
    some of the comments made in this thread by different people are the biggest pile of crap that i have ever heard, but i feel the need to reply.
    i am fat. i am 14 stone. i am a size 16.
    i joined weight watchers and i thought they were gonna say something ridicolous like lose 5 or 6 stone, but the fact is, im big boned. im not saying its an excuse for being fat because its not, but people are all different shapes and sizes and the fact is i will never be a size 8. the woman at weight watchers told me i had to lose 3 stone, which takes me down to 11 stone. so thats still quite heavy. but its all down to bone structure. and i would also like to point out that i am actually very active, i swim and go to the gym 5-6 times a week as i work in a leisure centre and i am quite toned. although i know that no amount of exercise can make up for bad eating habits, hence i joined weight watchers and in 2 weeks i have lost half a stone.
    yes it annoys me when fat people complain that they want to lose weight but never do anything about it. i used to be one of those people. but when you see them eating chocolate and crisps its more often than not that they are confort eating, something which is a hard habit to break, because i still do it. i was eating healthily even before i joined weight watchers but it was just that i was eating at the wrong times of day, often late at night, or my portions were too big. now i am more in control of what i eat and i honestly feel a lot better with myself. although to be honest this week i havent been very good as i havent tracked (written everything down) and i have been out for dinner twice.
    i honestly dont think its very fair for you to come on here and start mouthing off about fat people whenever you dont really know much of what goes on in a fat persons mind.
  • Options
    Originally posted by scarlettcloud
    but when you see them eating chocolate and crisps its more often than not that they are confort eating,
    Ok, I agree with everything you are saying, but I don't agree with this. People may look at me scoffing a chocloate bar and think I am a greedy pig or comfort easting but to be honest nobody has the right to judge a person and why they are eating what they are eating!

I don't eat very much chocolate, but yesterday I had a mars bar that i got free from work, and I was eating it on the bus and two old ladies sat behind me said to each other that if I ate less crappy food I would be thinner!

(a) I don't consider myself 'fat' - just a bit chubby (lol!)
    (b) It was the first chocolate bar I had had for about three weeks!
  • Options
    im not saying that everyone would be comfort eating, but some people do that, get down about their weight, and then comfort eat instead of getting up and actually going to the gym or something.
    i agree with you about you shouldnt judge people by what they are eating i was just using that as an example
  • Options
    comfort eating is the work of the devil.
  • Options
    i agree
  • Options
    My problem is the booze. Since I started my health kick, I'm the healthiest eater in the world. Five portions plus of veg per day, some lean meat, boiled tatties or a portion of pasta, fruit and a yoghurt.

Yet because I'm carrying the post pregnancy weight, people assume I'm a lazy, fat bastard. It pisses me right off.