Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Fat people...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, this may sound very harsh, but hopefully, you'll see it more as a way of 'motivation'.
WHY THE HELL ARE FAT PEOPLE FAT? They go on that they want to slim down, but what do they do?...........eat crisps, mayonnaise filled sandwiches, chocolates, fried foods, keep their asses on the sofa, and they expect some miricle pill or ab-roller to slim them down.
Don't you get it:
YOU EAT FAT, YOU GET FAT!
YOU EAT CHOCOLATE, YOU GET FAT!
You see that margarine your putting on your toast...DON'T PUT IT ON!
Don't drink full fat milk, drink skimmed.
READ THE NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION!
(I can go on and on and on).

On the other hand:
YOU RUN, THE FAT YOU'VE ALREADY GOT GOES AWAY!
YOU CYCLE, THE FAT YOU'VE ALREADY GOT GOES AWAY!
etc.
I really don't understand it when I see fat people queuing up for the chip shop, or when I'm in the supermarket and I see fat people with their trollys filled with unhealthy food. If I worked in a chip shop, and a fat person came and asked for his fattening meal, I would really feel like saying 'NO, I REFUSE TO SERVE YOU, YOUR FAT!!!'.
Even when a fat person develops the courage to run on a treadmill, what do they do that same evening..........treat themselves with an unhealthy desert for all of the hard running they've been doing. RUBBISH!
I'm not even fat, and do you know how many crisps, chocolates, and sweets I eat in a day........NONE!! ZERO!! 0%.
You can eat as much HEALTHY food as you want, and you won't get fat, as long as you keep active.
Its not rocket science for gods sakes.
Eat about 4-6 HEALTHY meals a day, and do cardiovascular exersise for about 20 mins 3 times a week, and YOU WILL GET SLIM!!! Your body will have no choice but to go slim if you do all this. And I don't mean do it for a week, I mean do it for the rest of your life!!!
If you can't live the healthy lifestyle, then you don't deserve to be slim.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :rolleyes:

unfortunately the reality isnt that simple. if it was, no-one would be fat.

i'm assuming here that you have never personally been overweight.
    I was a fat kid (something that I couldn't help), and in my early teens, I started eating healthy, and I slimmed down.
    I am not an ectomorph (which mean a person who can eat whatever they want, and never get fat because they have a high metabolism). I have never been overweight because I don't allow myself to become overweight. Its simple. If I was to eat unhealthy food, I would become fat, but I don't.
    Fat peope are fat because they eat unhealthy. Where else did the fat come from......?
    it isnt that simple at all, I eat chocolate and crisps every day, i have margerine on my toast (and jam), i drink full fat milk, eat lots of cheese, yet im not fat. I know other people who are a lot bigger than me yet eat the same amount or even less on an average day. A lot of its to do with metabolism, but really, what has it got to do with you. It doesnt hurt you. Just because someone isnt slim, you think you should deprive them of food and force them to lose weight? What about if their happy the way they are? What if theyve got an eating disorder? what if theyve got a thyroid problem.
    and by the way im not an ectomorph either. Now ive read that you were a fat kid, it all becomes clear. Its like ex smokers are almost always more vehemently anti smoking than people whove never smoked. You used to be fat, so now you hate fat people, as they represent a fear of yours.
    Originally posted by Samuti
    Yes it is simple!
    OK, I've got an idea, if theres a fat person on thesite, tell us...I want to ask a few questions....
    *agrees with rainbowbrite*

yes, exactly, what's the problem with someone being fat if theyre happy the way they are? just coz you dont like to look at them or whatever... it's silly, it's just reinforcing prejudices and rather than motivating people with your original post, you could cause them to feel even more disheartened because if, as you say, it's simple, then these people will think, "well then why cant i do it?"

sometimes, people who want to lose weight cant lose much, and its not through lack of trying.
    Originally posted by crescendo

Yes it is simple!
    OK, I've got an idea, if theres a fat person on thesite, tell us...I want to ask a few questions....

becuase of the way youve talked about being fat, and in turn classified it as a stigma, which modern society tends to do, i think very few people will take up your offer.

remember every case is different, and just becuase you were able to lose weight by eating healthily and exercising and sticking to it doesnt mean everyone else can.
    rainbow brite, if you eat all of that unhealthy food on a regular basis, and you don't put on weight, then you clearly are an ectomorph. You have a high metabolism.
    This post is not going out to the fat people who are happy with their weight (I personally think there are very few of these people).
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    it isnt that simple at all, I eat chocolate and crisps every day, i have margerine on my toast (and jam), i drink full fat milk, eat lots of cheese, yet im not fat. I know other people who are a lot bigger than me yet eat the same amount or even less on an average day. A lot of its to do with metabolism, but really, what has it got to do with you. It doesnt hurt you. Just because someone isnt slim, you think you should deprive them of food and force them to lose weight? What about if their happy the way they are? What if theyve got an eating disorder? what if theyve got a thyroid problem.
    There are a lot of errors in your reply. This just goes to show that people need to be educated.
    If you eat unhealthy, and stay slim, its because your an ectomorph. If the people you know eat the same or less than you, its because they're endomorph, or they're not as active as you.
    I am not depriving anyone of food. Getting slim isn't about not eating, its about eating healthy.
    If they've got an eating disorder, then this post is not going out to them. I sympathise.
    rainbow brite, if you eat all of that unhealthy food on a regular basis, and you don't put on weight, then you clearly are an ectomorph. You have a high metabolism.

im not an ectomorph, my weight fluctuates (the same as most women) im 5ft 6 and i weigh between 9 and 9 and a half stone depending on the time of day i weigh myself lol. I have weighed more than that in the past, for instance i put on over 4 stone when i got pregnant, and it took me a year to lose that weight, it wasnt easy. now its got to the stage where i can basically eat what i fancy within moderation. This is a huge step for me after battling with bulimia for several years. I do a lot of walking and now i think my metabolism has stabilised.
    my nephews mother on the other hand is around my height, maybe slightly taller, but has suffered from various eating disorders her whole life, binges and starves herself, her metabolism is fucked, and i doubt it will ever work properly now. The pressure to be thin really damages people.
    another friend of mine is about a size 22-24 and she does eat quite unhealthily, but her weight doesnt seem to bother her(and why should it?, her partner is very thin, so i assume it is down to different metabolisms in their case.
    I dont think my diet is unhealthy. what i have listed there is not my entire diet, I eat things from all the different food groups, but i also have a bar of chocolate of i feel like it, or sometimes i have chips with my meal. we all need some fat in our diet, and chocolate is one of the healthier sweets (very high in iron) i try to eat my 5 portions of fruit or vegetables a day.
    A thin person doesnt necessarily mean a healthy person.
    If fat people could easily be slim, why are, say, nicorette patches invented for people who smoke and wish to quit? It's all about will power and motivation and not about being lazy and uncooperative.
    that's one of the points ive been trying to make which crescendo seems to be trying to ignore.
    Also, the body requirement changes at some point after your teenage years.

In 1995, I was 9st 7lb at age 16. At the end of 1998, I gained 2st in the space of just four months even though my diet was the same. It was as black-and-white as that. My body decided at the age of 20 that I will flab out two stone. Thankfully though, I haven't gained any more in the last four years.
    I am not talking about the minority of cases, eg eating disorders, being happy with being fat etc. I am talking about the majority of fat people.
    How do you explain a person who is clearly overweight queueing up in the chip-shop section in Asda?
    When you walk around the supermarket, you must come across fat people....what have they got in their trolly? It isn't exactly skimmed milk is it?
    These are just a few examples.
    Every fat person that I've ever known had a terrible diet, and were very inactive.
    Im sure it must be frustrating for you crescendo, but at the end of the day it is their lives, and if they dont want to lose weight, then you cant make them. When you see very thin people do you want to scream EAT SOME LARD, or do you think that being underweight is different.
    Right here hon :)

Proper nutritionists don't really go on about ectomorphs and stuff like that any more. That's about body build, rather than the speed of their metabolism. And all that fast vs slow metabolism stuff is a bit confusing and most people don't understand it.

Crescendo, you're very angsty. Have a mince pie and chill out eh?
    :D:p
    Originally posted by Samuti
    :rolleyes:

i'm assuming here that you have never personally been overweight.

you're wrong though aren't you? If you eat fat you get fat..isn't that the reality...there are no fat people in a famine are there?

What the first poster said, though a bit rude, is true...why do you think athletes are so thin?...v=because they eat well and excercise..Whether you've had experience of being fat or not (And I have) it's true that you are what you eat and I for one am fed up of all this 'it's my metabolism' and 'its my glands' shit
    Originally posted by byny

I for one am fed up of all this 'it's my metabolism' and 'its my glands' shit

I think its a shame people feel they have to make excuses for being what they are. Why are some people so intolerant of anything other than the norm?
    some people are bigger than others - big deal.
    I can kinda see what crescendo's trying to say but I think it's about health, not weight. Clever marketing in so many cases tends to make us think things are better for us then they are, so people can't be blamed directly if they're TRYING to do the right thing. I thought I ate healthily (& I work in Health Promotion so I'm fully aware of what this is) until I was recently diagnosed with a gut infection caused by.......yup......sugar!!!! I now can't eat ANY sugar (except natural fruit sugar) and I feel so damned good, it's not true! It did make me realise just how much sugar there is in food though. There's like 2 tins of anything I can eat from my local supermarket. Crisps, ham, frozen meals, frozen veg, bread, cereal (even stuff like weetabix) all contain sugar so it makes life quite hard. I lost weight stupidly easily on this diet (although I wasn't trying to - I'm 5'10 and now 9 stone 6) so it does make me wonder what the fuss is with trying to lost weight. But then I know I'm quite good on willpower and don't really have much of a relationship with food anyway. But, yeah, if people are happy with the way they are - there's no issue!
    Fat people dont bother me unless they are that type of fat person who complains endlessly about their weight but does nothing about it...I cant stand lazy and weak willed people.
    As politically incorrect as it is I agree with crescendo,

it really winds me up to see people that are over weight complaining that they are fat and then seeing them eat chips and chocolate.

I put on some weight and then did something about it, started getting a beer belly, so I excersized (sp?) drank less beers and got what I wanted, on my way to a six pack now

:D
    Re: Fat people...
    OK, this may sound very harsh, but hopefully, you'll see it more as a way of 'motivation'.
    WHY THE HELL ARE FAT PEOPLE FAT? They go on that they want to slim down, but what do they do?...........eat crisps, mayonnaise filled sandwiches, chocolates, fried foods, keep their asses on the sofa, and they expect some miricle pill or ab-roller to slim them down.
    Don't you get it:
    YOU EAT FAT, YOU GET FAT!
    YOU EAT CHOCOLATE, YOU GET FAT!
    You see that margarine your putting on your toast...DON'T PUT IT ON!
    Don't drink full fat milk, drink skimmed.
    READ THE NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION!
    (I can go on and on and on).

On the other hand:
    YOU RUN, THE FAT YOU'VE ALREADY GOT GOES AWAY!
    YOU CYCLE, THE FAT YOU'VE ALREADY GOT GOES AWAY!
    etc.
    I really don't understand it when I see fat people queuing up for the chip shop, or when I'm in the supermarket and I see fat people with their trollys filled with unhealthy food. If I worked in a chip shop, and a fat person came and asked for his fattening meal, I would really feel like saying 'NO, I REFUSE TO SERVE YOU, YOUR FAT!!!'.
    Even when a fat person develops the courage to run on a treadmill, what do they do that same evening..........treat themselves with an unhealthy desert for all of the hard running they've been doing. RUBBISH!
    I'm not even fat, and do you know how many crisps, chocolates, and sweets I eat in a day........NONE!! ZERO!! 0%.
    You can eat as much HEALTHY food as you want, and you won't get fat, as long as you keep active.
    Its not rocket science for gods sakes.
    Eat about 4-6 HEALTHY meals a day, and do cardiovascular exersise for about 20 mins 3 times a week, and YOU WILL GET SLIM!!! Your body will have no choice but to go slim if you do all this. And I don't mean do it for a week, I mean do it for the rest of your life!!!
    If you can't live the healthy lifestyle, then you don't deserve to be slim.

and i suppose you're perfectly thin and satisfied with your body are you?
    Ok I am fat! and I don't give a fuck who knows it, I haven't purposely sat there eating crisps and chocolate thinking oh dear this is gonna make me fat! I have had loads of blood tests done and it can't be blamed on glands etc but definatly it has a lot to do with metabolism! Fair enough if I didn't eat what I do then I wouldn't be fat, but it tastes nice so why should I be ashamed?! I am at the moment though going to weight watchers to lose weight, but this is simply for health reasons (high blood presure etc) so at the moment I am retraining myself to eat healthier! and I am beginning to exercise so no one can say I'm not trying!

Crescendo you really make me laugh, I don't even wish to comment on what you have said because it is so pathetic! Your just scared of getting fat, and I don't give a fuck about what you have to say if you reply just deal with it fat people exist, accept them and stop being so ignorant! :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:
    Overweight people who complain about it but do nothing about it are only complaining about it because people like you make them feel something is wrong with them. They would be perfectly happy if the media and bigoted people like you didn't keep telling them that they need to be thin. I am a size 14 and I am perfectly happy with my weight, always have been, but I will still tell my boyfriend 'oh Im fat, I need to lose weight.'
    However, I know that I am perfectly healthy, I eat really well and walk most places.

So, if you people stopped looking at people and judging them on their appearence these people would stop moaning that they're fat and want to lose weight, because deep down, they don't. Bleh, I know what I mean, but its late....!
    byny, pentunia apple and CRAZYREDEYES are the only people who realise that my aim is not to bully or make fun of fat people, or to assume that everyone should be 'thin'.
    Being fat is bad. Say what you want, it is bad. A fat persons health is at risk. Being fat is not healthy. And I don't mean fat as in size 12 or 14 or whatever, I mean fat as in FAT (i.e, when your health is at risk).
    And also, NO OVERWEIGHT PERSON CAN POSSIBLY BE HAPPY WITH THEIR WEIGHT!!! Its true. Say what you want, its true.
    EVERY overweight person would want to be thinner, (note, I said 'thinner', not 'thin').
    Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, that Ab Roller or whatever etc are all RUBBISH. And the reality is that fat people who want to be thin rely on these things to become thin, and fail miserably.
    God fat people, gay people, smokers....anything else?!

I suggest you grow up and re address your views. They are very, very immature and you just come across as an ignorant, spiteful tosser.
    This discussion is getting to the point where people are insulting one another, and none of it is constructive. So, everybody calm down and get back on topic or I'll have to close the thread.