Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dating websites

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Emmalee wrote: »
    You're acting like all thesite is for is giving advice on Sex, when its not...Thesite has an article about Drugs...doesn't mean its promoting Heroin and saying "Oh yes everyone go take some drugs" Yes it has articles on Sex, it has articles on EVERYTHING thats what makes Thesite great, If you don't like the fact you're not reciving support you want, Go elsewhere....But they're all going to say the same, Respect women as a human being not something to insert your dick into.

This !!
  • Options
    You should look into PUA, or pick up artistry.

Let me just preface: I think this movement is deplorable and gross, their views on dating and sexuality are hideous and skewed and their methods are debasing for both the person who pulls and the person who should be pulled, BUT! they will tell you EXACTLY what you want to hear what nobody on here wants to tell you. Mind, you will most probably not have any success with it, because of your circumstances: you are simply uninteresting, stubborn, obsessed, below average in any sense, but they will tell you what you want to hear (stupid catchphrases, methods, basically a manual that you can follow to the t) so you can keep your head in the sand and not face the reality of how sexuality and interhuman relationships work and maybe realize that you won't have any success this way either. They are big on objectification of women and seeing sex as a transaction, you'll love them.
  • Options
    BlondieLiz wrote: »
    As said before using sweetheart and honey is like wtf this guy is a fucking weirdo creep. Chill out the freaky overfamiliar terminology.

I find it bizarre that anyone who chooses to join a dating website (or anyone who calls herself Blondie) would be offended/deterred by the use of terms of endearment. Some dating website members don't give their names on their profiles. If I shouldn't use terms of endearment, how should I address them?
  • Options
    I find it bizarre that anyone who chooses to join a dating website (or anyone who calls herself Blondie) would be offended/deterred by the use of terms of endearment.

Woooah there. You're getting even more judgmental now?

As for the addressing - you don't have to address them as anything in particular. Just be like "hey :)" or something like that? BlondieLiz is right.
  • Options
    Adam0 wrote: »
    I find it bizarre that anyone who chooses to join a dating website (or anyone who calls herself Blondie) would be offended/deterred by the use of terms of endearment. Some dating website members don't give their names on their profiles. If I shouldn't use terms of endearment, how should I address them?

And are you implying that Blondie means I'm a slag? Mate you're fucked up beyond any realistic expectation on normality or abnormal you're way off the scale and as for intelligent fucking hell I don't know how you class yourself as intelligent with your attitude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    SpinTires wrote: »
    This Adam is an ar*ehole and will never accept that he doesn't know how to speak to women properly, and will never thank you for the helpful advice you're giving him!

I admit that I don't know how to flirt, chat up and seduce. That's why I'm asking for advice here. There's a perception among many of the people who've posted on the threads I started that I'm domineering and arrogant. The truth is that I'm an anxious, insecure introvert who hates myself and struggles every day merely to stay alive.
  • Options
    And are you implying that Blondie means I'm a slag? Mate you're fucked up beyond any realistic expectation on normality or abnormal you're way off the scale and as for intelligent fucking hell I don't know how you class yourself as intelligent with your attitude!

I'm not saying that you're promiscuous. I'm saying that you're choosing to identify yourself by an aspect of your appearance and by doing so you're drawing attention to it. You should also then not be offended if anyone (including strangers) calls you Blondie; you're inviting them to do so. You don't call yourself BrainyLiz, PopularLiz, ConfidentLiz, or anything else based on your personality, where you're from or what achievements you've accomplished - yet you appear to dislike me fancying girls based on their looks. Imagine how you'd criticise me if my screenname were Sexy Adam, Athletic Adam etc.
  • Options
    Adam, the comments are you making to Liz are rude, insensitive and entirely inappropriate. You cannot make assumptions based on a username- for all you know Liz could have alopecia.

You cannot come onto an online community and insult members because you don't like what they are saying. All I can do is repeat how utterly disgusting I find your views on women.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    This thread is going nowhere. Hopefully a mod comes along soon and just closes it,

Adam, maybe TheSite isn't the place you need to get support.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    If Liz wants to choose a username based on her haircolour she is more than welcome to do so, Its just the same as You being BrownAdam. It's completeletly allowed and you're the only person to comment on it, I reckon what you've shown towards liz is a great example of why you're still a virgin....
  • Options
    She could even just be a Blondie fan.

Mariiiaaaaaaaaa, you've gottaaa see her

Blondie.jpg?w=630
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    You cannot make assumptions based on a username- for all you know Liz could have alopecia.

What does hair loss have to do with someone calling herself Blondie? If she lacks hair, she wouldn't draw attention to that. In any case, it would have nothing to do with its colour.
  • Options
    You're acting like all thesite is for is giving advice on Sex, when its not...Thesite has an article about Drugs...doesn't mean its promoting Heroin and saying "Oh yes everyone go take some drugs"

I know there are articles on other topics, but this section is for people who are interested in sex; people who are sex-positive; not people who are anti-sex.
  • Options
    I know there are articles on other topics, but this section is for people who are interested in sex; people who are sex-positive; not people who are anti-sex.

Actually you're wrong.

This section is for many things..Including people who are Anti-Sex, in-fact I myself have put a post up about not wanting sex....its also for people who are struggling in their relationships, To speak about pregnancy, To get advice on breakups....
  • Options
    I reckon what you've shown towards liz is a great example of why you're still a virgin....

You like taunting and hating virgins. If you hate virgins, tell me how to get sex, then I won't be a virgin any more.
  • Options
    Adam, just shut up. You've either pissed everyone off or insulted them. Take your dick and leave.
  • Options
    You like taunting and hating virgins. If you hate virgins, tell me how to get sex, then I won't be a virgin any more.

Actually I don't hate Virgins...So please don't accuse me of things. You're given classic examples of why you're still a virgin....its because you're such an Arsehole....

Try being less like a dick, then maybe you'll get some.
    I couldn't careless if you stay a virgin for the rest of your life, or become some raving sex addict.
  • Options
    I personally hope he remains a virgin for life and with this attitude it's likely.
  • Options
    What does hair loss have to do with someone calling herself Blondie? If she lacks hair, she wouldn't draw attention to that. In any case, it would have nothing to do with its colour.

Thanks for your support everyone :)

And Adam for your information I am not blonde so your views are incorrect and invalid, much appreciated your very observant lack of skills :)

• Options
    I myself have put a post up about not wanting sex.

You've chosen to go on what is clearly a sex-positive site, then have started an anti-sex thread. That's like going onto a sports forum to tell them that you don't like sport.

The Site thinks sex (including casual sex) is great; The Site loves sex. If you don't, why do you choose to go on the Sex and Relationships section of it, where you will obviously encounter many sex-positive people?
  • Options

You wouldn't a be Virgin if you weren't such a promiscuous twat. I have every right to insult as you've kindly insulted me too :)

May God be with you in this hell! Oh I forgot God doesn't live in hell. May the devil be with you :)

• Options
    You're given classic examples of why you're still a virgin....its because you're such an Arsehole....

My former colleague was an arsehole - he almost had NPD. He never cared about anyone but himself. By your reasoning, he must be a virgin. The fact is that he frequently had casual sex with many girls.
  • Options
    And Adam for your information I am not blonde so your views are incorrect and invalid, much appreciated your very observant lack of skills :)

You choose to call yourself Blondie. I don't lack observational skills, as I can't see what you look like. You've been misleading.
  • Options
    You choose to call yourself Blondie. I don't lack observational skills, as I can't see what you look like. You've been misleading.

How is that misleading? It's a username. You got a problem with that, I'm sure get over it.

• Options
    My former colleague was an arsehole - he almost had NPD. He never cared about anyone but himself. By your reasoning, he must be a virgin. The fact is that he frequently had casual sex with many girls.

Are you a psychologist or professional now? You can't diagnose someone has NPD. You're the only arsehole about this world.

• Options
    ella! wrote: »
    Adam, just shut up. You've either pissed everyone off or insulted them. Take your dick and leave.

It's you who should take your anti-sex attitude and leave this sex-positive site. I'm asking valid questions; you're hating me because I want to have sex.
  • Options
    How is that misleading? It's a username. You got a problem with that, I'm sure get over it.

You wouldn't call yourself ThinLiz if you're fat, or OldLiz if you're 20. Why choose to mislead people?
  • Options
    I came here to offer advice but after reading the comments I actually can't stop myself from laughing. You are quite clearly beyond hope and I feel sorry for you because it's ultimately going to lead to a very lonely existence. I do hope you take on board at least SOME of the advice provided here- you will be happier for it in the long run.
  • Options
    I have to say there seems to be a lot of anger and abuse towards people on here and I don't think anyone should be saying horrible things to anyone.

The Site is an online community for people who need help and support and everyone is welcome on here no matter what race, sex, religion, gender and disability. I think The Site would agree with me in that respect.

There have been a lot of hateful things towards people on here and that's got to stop. It's more classed of bullying then just the odd word whatever.

No one should be calling anyone names or threatening them in anyway. Everyone is allowed on this site no matter what. I've seen a lot of horrible comments on here people have said to one another and it really isn't right! No one should be ganging up on anyone.

I can see that this thread is going round in circles and its part of the reason why everyone is feeling angry and frustrated. There needs to be a compromise or something as this going round in circles again and again.

Have said many times on this thread that asking for sex isn't the way to go about it. That's why going up to someone and asking them for sex is wrong and I agree with those who said its portraying womenin the wrong way.

That's why the advice and questions have already been answers but shows he seems to not get it. Have told you many times and don't understand.

You need to go out and meet people by approaching someone first and getting to know them and seem interested in what they got to say. Again you don't have to go to bars or clubs etc but maybe joining a pub quiz, going to garden parties, attending date nights or events. That's what you need to do.

I dont think the dating sites are working as I said again and again but for you to change your ways you need to put in your messages to girls hi how are, I saw your profile and wanted to get to know you more but not can I have sex with you. That's the problem.

You need to think about the mistakes before and change them when you next act upon it.

This is going round in circles
  • Options
    You wouldn't call yourself ThinLiz if you're fat, or OldLiz if you're 20. Why choose to mislead people?

Why call yourself Adam? Are you Adam and Eve did you make earth?

This discussion has been closed.