Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Coping with relapsing

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've given up on wanting to get better now I think.. I think I gave up a while ago, there's no point wanting the impossible.
    Instead of wanting to get better, I simply want it to be over
  • Options
    Tired of crying myself to sleep everyday😔
  • Options
    How are you feeling today? *hug*
  • Options
    How are you feeling today? *hug*

Not doing the greatest, still alive though. Still fighting. Thank you for asking *hug*
  • Options
    I really think that leaving the world is a good idea. I'm struggling to keep myself safe and my mental health has turned to shit. I can't cope anymore. Existing is painful
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    I really think that leaving the world is a good idea. I'm struggling to keep myself safe and my mental health has turned to shit. I can't cope anymore. Existing is painful

Hi

Have you any support in place? What exactly is painful to exist? It may help to expand on that so we can better understand your situation?

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling remember there are people who can help. Have you visited your gp or contacted your local community mental health team? There is also Samaritans that can provide emotional support?

Sending hugs your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    BlondieLiz wrote: »
    Hi

Have you any support in place? What exactly is painful to exist? It may help to expand on that so we can better understand your situation?

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling remember there are people who can help. Have you visited your gp or contacted your local community mental health team? There is also Samaritans that can provide emotional support?

Sending hugs your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey,
    I don't have any support in place, no.
    Everything just hurts, waking up hurts, getting through each day hurts. Knowing I'm never going to get better and I'm never going to be okay hurts.
    I can't go to the GP and I don't even know who my local community mental health team are.

*hug* thank you
  • Options
    I have never felt so alone or worthless in my life.
  • Options
    So suicidal but nobody cares. Story of my life
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey hiccup, lots of us care and find it hard to know how low you're feeling on a day-two-day basis.

Try to remember that we take all expressions of suicidal feeling seriously, so if your mind is constantly leading you to thoughts of an end, then the more you say about what's leading to that struggle, the better able we'll be to provide you with good support.

Going to a GP can be really tough and so I completely understand there may be valid reasons for resisting that option. In terms of mental health services, are you still of Camhs age and is this something you'd be willing to consider?
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    Hey hiccup, lots of us care and find it hard to know how low you're feeling on a day-two-day basis.

Try to remember that we take all expressions of suicidal feeling seriously, so if your mind is constantly leading you to thoughts of an end, then the more you say about what's leading to that struggle, the better able we'll be to provide you with good support.

Going to a GP can be really tough and so I completely understand there may be valid reasons for resisting that option. In terms of mental health services, are you still of Camhs age and is this something you'd be willing to consider?

Hey,
    Sorry had a break for a while.

My comment wasn't aimed at people on here, I meant like people around me and friends and things.

I'm not of camhs age anymore, no
  • Options
    Welcome back Hiccup, did the break help?

How are you doing? *hug*
  • Options
    Welcome back Hiccup, did the break help?

How are you doing? *hug*

Thank you, it did a little bit, but it also gave me a lot of time to think which is never good.

I'll be okay, thank you for asking *hug*
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Hiccup.

Having a break can help sometimes, but I fully relate to having a lot of time to think about things, do you want to chat about those things, maybe talking about them could help you understand things a little bit more.

:heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Hey,
    I'm not sure. I've just been getting a lot worse lately and I didn't even realise that was possible. I've pushed nearly everyone away because I just can't face people anymore.

Thanks for your reply ❤️
  • Options
    Hey deary,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling worse recently :(

Is there anything specific that you want to talk about? Has something happened that has caused these feelings to worsen?

You are so very strong and I genuinely believe that you will bounce back from this stronger than ever. I have every faith that you absolutely can and I will never doubt you even for a second. You deserve so much more than this, you deserve an enormous amount of happiness and you'll find it eventually, just keep trying to hang in there, you're doing so well.

Keep talking to us, post whenever you want or need to, we'll always be here to listen *hug*
  • Options
    Hey deary,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling worse recently :(

Is there anything specific that you want to talk about? Has something happened that has caused these feelings to worsen?

You are so very strong and I genuinely believe that you will bounce back from this stronger than ever. I have every faith that you absolutely can and I will never doubt you even for a second. You deserve so much more than this, you deserve an enormous amount of happiness and you'll find it eventually, just keep trying to hang in there, you're doing so well.

Keep talking to us, post whenever you want or need to, we'll always be here to listen *hug*

Hey lovely,

I'll be okay, I mean.. It has to get better at some point right?

I don't even know what's happened, I just feel a lot worse and alone. I'm not really needed anywhere, I'm not wanted at home until parents want money or something. It's just a struggle, I feel so useless and like I'll never be enough for them.

I'm really not as strong as you think I am. Thank you though, I promise I'm trying to keep going, it's just rather hard lately.

*hug*
  • Options
    I'll be okay, I mean.. It has to get better at some point right?

The fact that you're thinking like that proves just how strong you are! It's unimaginably hard to even want to have that particular attitude yet her you are actually doing it, thinking so positively during what's one of the hardest things that someone can go through, that being depression.

I'm so proud of you! *hug*
  • Options
    The fact that you're thinking like that proves just how strong you are! It's unimaginably hard to even want to have that particular attitude yet her you are actually doing it, thinking so positively during what's one of the hardest things that someone can go through, that being depression.

I'm so proud of you! *hug*

Those thoughts didn't last long, but I'm still trying..

I got rid of everything today.. All my blades, my lighters, my stash of other things, but now I feel really lost and panicky and I don't know what to do.
    I know I needed to get rid of them to try and get better, but now I'm just a bit of a mess.
  • Options
    My head is a mess. I just want to sleep already..
  • Options
    Those thoughts didn't last long, but I'm still trying..

I got rid of everything today.. All my blades, my lighters, my stash of other things, but now I feel really lost and panicky and I don't know what to do.
    I know I needed to get rid of them to try and get better, but now I'm just a bit of a mess.

That's another really positive and brave step! When you do get through this awful time in your life, you're going to be such an inspiration to so many other people! I really can imagine that you're already inspiring others with how incredibly brave you're being.

Feeling lost is probably a really common reaction sweetie, no longer having what you think you need and what you know can be such a scary thing but it most probably will ease with time.

This is where you have the chance to turn those coping mechanisms into more positive ones, ones that aren't so dangerous. Have you had any ideas about what you could try?

*hug*
  • Options
    That's another really positive and brave step! When you do get through this awful time in your life, you're going to be such an inspiration to so many other people! I really can imagine that you're already inspiring others with how incredibly brave you're being.

Feeling lost is probably a really common reaction sweetie, no longer having what you think you need and what you know can be such a scary thing but it most probably will ease with time.

This is where you have the chance to turn those coping mechanisms into more positive ones, ones that aren't so dangerous. Have you had any ideas about what you could try?

*hug*

I don't really think I will be, I'm just another person really.

I guess it was just kind of a comfort knowing they were there, knowing that if I did need them they were there. I know it's for the best because I'm a lot safer without them, it's just that they've always been there.

I have a positivity scrapbook type thing that I've been doing a lot of lately, especially if I'm feeling down. Sometimes it helps just to look through it, but then at times it feels like it's all just lies too. Other than that, I'm not really sure what there is that I can do.

*hug*
  • Options
    No motivation, no energy, I want everything to stop.
  • Options
    No motivation, no energy, I want everything to stop.

Hey Hiccup,

Just want to drop in and offer a hug *hug*

How is your weekend going? What have you been up to? You deserve to focus on some self-care. Do some things that relax you, do some things you enjoy, take care of yourself.
  • Options
    Thank you *hug*

Weekend was rather shitty, I spent the weekend working which wasn't the greatest. Manager kept telling me everything was my fault, that I'm always in the way.. He may have been joking but it's still shit to hear especially when it's all you hear already.
  • Options
    That is a shit thing to hear - how are things with your manager now?

How are you getting on? *hug*
  • Options
    That is a shit thing to hear - how are things with your manager now?

How are you getting on? *hug*

I've not seen that manager again yet, we've been put on opposite shifts for a little while because I spoke to my other manager about how it was and how low it was making me feel.

I'm not doing too well, but I'll be okay :) *hug*
  • Options
    Well done for telling someone about that other manager!

We're here to listen if you do want to talk, you matter *hug*
  • Options
    I don't think I do matter, but Thank you *hug*
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Hiccup, just wanted to pop by to see how you are feeling today? :heart: *hug*

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "