Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone Ski?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If so where have you been?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ski yoghurt yes, long wooden shoe thing no.
  • Options
    Sierre Chevalier and Sauze d'Oulx
  • Options
    I went once in Austria. It was class, and I'd love to do it again, but it's quite expensive.
  • Options
    Versonnaz, Switzerland
  • Options
    Filzmoos, Flachau and Zell am See/Kaprun in Austria are my go-to skiing areas. Glenshee if I'm desperate ;)
  • Options
    I love Austria to, hopefully should be going there next year.
    Norway is also great!
  • Options
    Across Norway, Chamonix, Bulgaria, Whistler, Val d'Isère and Apsen. Very expensive hobby and I am not that good at it but still enjoy it.
  • Options
    Hemsedal in Norway, that was good :)
  • Options
    Only on a dry ski slope lol
  • Options
    Ohh i've been to: Les Arcs, Meribel et le tois valles, Val D'isere, Les Ports du Solei, chamonix, Joux De Loup, Sass Fee, Verbier, Mammouth, Breckenridge, St Anton, Koralpe, Bad Klein Kirchheim, Courmeyer. I think thats all - but i've been skiing pretty much every year for the last 20 years so i've obv been to lots of these more than once and i'm sure i've missed some out.....
  • Options
    Yeah I've been skiing about twice a year for the last 10 years so I really cant remember all the places but heres most of them: Les Arcs, Les Ports du Solei, Breckenridge, Courmeyer, Salt lake (most of the resorts round there), Whistler, Lake louise, Sunshine, and lots more.
  • Options
    I went skiing on the Cairngorms when I was 10/11 with my school.
  • Options
    Been to Claviere, Fopollo, Les Deux Alpe and some place in Bulgaria! The reason i dont remember the name was because it was horrid! Horrible people and horrible weather! Just blizzarded constantly..... i know hwat your thinking 'duh its gonna snow if you go skiing' but not like this. Skiing is the most fun in my opinion in Italy when theres loadsa snow so its not icy and the sun is shining so much that you can ski along with the wind in your hair and sunshades on enjoying every minute and the beautiful scenary!!! NOT with a hat on, your hood up and goggles on praying that you can reach the end of the run soon so you can go in a cafe and drink something warm!! Not that it never snows in Italy but is always my number 1 choice! not that anyone asked! :D:lol:
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    I used to go to Power Ridge in Connecticut when visiting friends there.
  • Options
    I'd love to go again but I'm sorta scared of the ski lifts which is annoying.
  • Options
    I've been skiing on a dry ski slope twice- hurrah! :p And once for real in Norway in my boyfriend's back garden- I spent more time on my bum than I did standing upright on the skiis- good fun though....
  • Options
    Pila in the Italian Alps and Sodeu in Andorra. Both really good but Andorra was probably my favourite.
  • Options
    neurkirchen, Austria