Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Coping with relapsing

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't say that.Things will change and will get better.Just dont tive up and stay strong.As i saidmrelapsing is normal in the process of recovering.

What happened?
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Hiccup,

I just wanted to back up what AngelFace said:
    relapsing is normal in the process of recovering.

:yes:

It might be worth having a look at our current Post of the Month:
    WhispersOfTheHeart is our Post of the Month winner:
    "Relapsing doesn't destroy the 5 months self harm free you've already done, it will always be there, and it will always be an amazing achievement, and you should be proud of yourself, it's about getting back up, and then trying, and trying, and trying again, because you know you can get to 5 months, and I think you can make that goal again."
    URL="http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/146650?p=2526454#post2526454"]take a look at the full post here[/URL

This is absolutely true, as much for 5 months as for 8 days :)
  • Options
    Don't say that.Things will change and will get better.Just dont tive up and stay strong.As i saidmrelapsing is normal in the process of recovering.

What happened?

Staying strong is easier said than done. You can't know that things will get better.
    It may be normal but that doesn't mean I feel like any less of a failure.

People happened, life happened.

I spend every day questioning my existence and I fucking hate it
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Staying strong is easier said than done. You can't know that things will get better.
    It may be normal but that doesn't mean I feel like any less of a failure.

People happened, life happened.

I spend every day questioning my existence and I fucking hate. It

Yeah,well your nor alone there either.I know how you feel.People happened and life happened,what do you mean?What exactly is going on for you?And yeah i know thats easier said than done
  • Options
    Yeah,well your nor alone there either.I know how you feel.People happened and life happened,what do you mean?What exactly is going on for you?And yeah i know thats easier said than done

I mean exactly that, people happened. I'm so tired of dropping everything for people just to get completely fucked over and treated like shit. Nothing I ever do is good enough for them, no matter how much I try, it's never enough. Ever.

I want it to be over already
  • Options
    Hey Hiccup,

Just wanted to drop a message to say that I'm proud of you for still being here and still trying everyday.

Keep fighting <3
  • Options
    I mean exactly that, people happened. I'm so tired of dropping everything for people just to get completely fucked over and treated like shit. Nothing I ever do is good enough for them, no matter how much I try, it's never enough. Ever.

I want it to be over already

It has to be good enough and enough for you!Stay strong.Have you spoken to anyone yet?
  • Options
    Lily19 wrote: »
    Hey Hiccup,

Just wanted to drop a message to say that I'm proud of you for still being here and still trying everyday.

Keep fighting <3

Thank you <3
    I'm trying to keep fighting, I promise
  • Options
    It has to be good enough and enough for you!Stay strong.Have you spoken to anyone yet?

No it doesn't just have to be good enough for me. I've said this so many times before. It has to be enough for others because I can't take the shot they'll give me if it isn't. But it's never fucking enough.
    Saying stay strong really isn't helping, in order to stay strong you would have needed to be strong in the first place, I've never been strong.

It's a bit hard to tell people about it when you practically have nobody.
  • Options
    I know you have.Its just that you do need to put yourself first andmake you the top priority and i do know what you mean.I can relate.Do you have a close friend,neighbour,cousin,grandparent etc??
  • Options
    I can't just put myself first, it doesn't work like that. Other people are more important so they'll always be put first. I'll never be a priority.
    I do have a close friend but I can't bother her all of the time.
  • Options
    You could talk to her every so often though.How about parent/carer, cousin or even neighbour?
  • Options
    Parent isn't an option. None of those are options.
    I love my friend to pieces but she's got her own things going on so it's not important
  • Options
    Why arent they an option?
    I understand that but shed rather you talk to someone too x
  • Options
    Why arent they an option?
    I understand that but shed rather you talk to someone too x

Because they're just not. I shouldn't need to explain why they're not.

Just forget it, I give up
  • Options
    You dont need to explain if you dont want to no

But try??
  • Options
    I give up, I don't care about anything any more.
    Life is fucking stupid and my parents shouldn't have had me.
  • Options
    I give up, I don't care about anything any more.
    Life is fucking stupid and my parents shouldn't have had me.

Has something happened? I'm so sorry things are so tough for you right now *hug*
  • Options
    Would you feel able to go to your gp for some help?
  • Options
    Has something happened? I'm so sorry things are so tough for you right now *hug*

Yeah, it's just made me feel even more broken than I already felt and I didn't even realise that was possible.
    *hug*
  • Options
    Would you feel able to go to your gp for some help?

Nope, gp isn't an option
  • Options
    I wish I was dead. Would be better for everyone
  • Options
    Hey Hiccup,

You being dead certainly would not be better for everyone. You have friends and family that love you, and so many people on here that care, and I urge you to lean on the people you're close to while you're going through such a tough time because I genuinely believe you can get through this. You're an extremely strong person. Samaritans are also always a fantastic option.

Sending you a hug *hug*
  • Options
    Hi Hiccup,

Sounds like you're going through a difficult time right now and I'd like to send a hug your way.

Sorry things are hard for you but here if you'd like to chat :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Hey

It would not be better for anyone.Deep down all of your friends and family love you and care for you but may just struggle to show it,which is fairly normal.If you start to feel more like that though then please call for help.Stay as strong as I know that you can be x
  • Options
    Hey Hiccup,

You being dead certainly would not be better for everyone. You have friends and family that love you, and so many people on here that care, and I urge you to lean on the people you're close to while you're going through such a tough time because I genuinely believe you can get through this. You're an extremely strong person. Samaritans are also always a fantastic option.

Sending you a hug *hug*

Hey butterfly,

It really feels like It would, I'd be out of everyone's way, they wouldn't have to put up with me and deal with me. I'm just useless and a waste of space and completely worthless.

Do you have Samaritans text number? I've lost it and can't seem to find it online.

Thank you for the hug *hug*
  • Options
    BlondieLiz wrote: »
    Hi Hiccup,

Sounds like you're going through a difficult time right now and I'd like to send a hug your way.

Sorry things are hard for you but here if you'd like to chat :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you *hug*
  • Options
    Hey

It would not be better for anyone.Deep down all of your friends and family love you and care for you but may just struggle to show it,which is fairly normal.If you start to feel more like that though then please call for help.Stay as strong as I know that you can be x

You can't speak for everyone though, you can only speak for yourself. It's been made clear that my family don't care.
    I can't call for help, I just can't.

I don't understand why people think I'm strong because honestly I'm so far from it
  • Options
    Hey butterfly,

It really feels like It would, I'd be out of everyone's way, they wouldn't have to put up with me and deal with me. I'm just useless and a waste of space and completely worthless.

Do you have Samaritans text number? I've lost it and can't seem to find it online.

Thank you for the hug *hug*

Nobody has to "put up" with you at all, you have genuine friends and they love you for who you are. Hang in there, you can do this and I say that because I believe it *hug*

Sure, it's 07725 909090 :)
  • Options
    Nobody has to "put up" with you at all, you have genuine friends and they love you for who you are. Hang in there, you can do this and I say that because I believe it *hug*

Sure, it's 07725 909090 :)

Thank you :) *hug*