Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Samaritans

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    James wrote: »

Becki - going into a branch can seem pretty daunting. Perhaps writing down what you want to say first might help boost your confidence a bit?

I don't know, I'd be fine once I got there

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Hey guys,

It feels like this is getting a bit off topic...

The great thing about the boards is that it's totally separate from places like Childline. You're both allowed to ask for support in both places - that's absolutely fine :)

AngelFace - it sounds like you feel a bit ignored at CL sometimes? If that's the case, then it's great you feel able to talk about it, but it might be best to bring it up with someone over there?

Becki - going into a branch can seem pretty daunting. Perhaps writing down what you want to say first might help boost your confidence a bit?

I understand that James.And thank you,I Will!
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I don't know, I'd be fine once I got there

When's the next drop in session? Maybe you could make a plan that involves planning something nice to reward yourself with afterwards? :)
  • Options
    When's the next drop in session? Maybe you could make a plan that involves planning something nice to reward yourself with afterwards? :)

Its every week day 7-10pm

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    ???????
  • Options
    What

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Oh never mind
  • Options
    No arguments on my thread please. I know your going through a tough time but theres no need to take it out on me. I haven't got it easy at the minute either

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I've thought a little about going into my local branch.. Made it to the gate before backing out. Seams like a lovely place though. Not much help I know, sorry.
  • Options
    SuzyOwl wrote: »
    I've thought a little about going into my local branch.. Made it to the gate before backing out. Seams like a lovely place though. Not much help I know, sorry.

I did the exact same. Have you managed to text Sam again? I think it would really help you

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I did the exact same. Have you managed to text Sam again? I think it would really help you

Sent by Sony Xperia

I tried phoning them today... Someone picked it up and I panicked... Like the stupid person I am... I like re sent the text I sent before, awaiting an answer.. Just scared on what they will say/do.
  • Options
    I tried phoning them today... Someone picked it up and I panicked... Like the stupid person I am... I like re sent the text I sent before, awaiting an answer.. Just scared on what they will say/do.

Well done for calling them ☺thats a massive step. You should be so proud of yourself. They're not going to do anything apart from listen to what you have to say. They're a great service

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Well done for calling them ☺thats a massive step. You should be so proud of yourself. They're not going to do anything apart from listen to what you have to say. They're a great service

Sent by Sony Xperia

I guess.. I'm just scared that they will get all pissy with how rubbish my English is and put the phone down or something. I know that sounds stupid.
  • Options
    I guess.. I'm just scared that they will get all pissy with how rubbish my English is and put the phone down or something. I know that sounds stupid.

They won't do that, I promise. I know it's not the same but I've got a really bad stutter when I'm nervous and I thought they were going to judge me on that but they didn't
    No matter what your situation is they are there to listen

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    AngelFace, this is Becki' s thread asking for support and advice regarding the Samaritans. Unless you're going to respond in relation to the question, it might best if you don't comment on this thread.

Becki - I have been to my local Samaritan branch once and I didn't find it constructive. I wasn't allowed my friend in with me and had to leave my bag outside. But they were absolutely lovely and didn't rush me. I think it all depends on what you want from them, I think I was hoping for some sort of intervention. But that is definitely not what they're there for.
    They will sit and listen to you and give you the space to explore what you're going through. And you can be brutally honest as there's no risk of consequences. They will also understand if you want to leave prematurely. X

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Ellie :) wrote: »
    AngelFace, this is Becki' s thread asking for support and advice regarding the Samaritans. Unless you're going to respond in relation to the question, it might best if you don't comment on this thread.

Becki - I have been to my local Samaritan branch once and I didn't find it constructive. I wasn't allowed my friend in with me and had to leave my bag outside. But they were absolutely lovely and didn't rush me. I think it all depends on what you want from them, I think I was hoping for some sort of intervention. But that is definitely not what they're there for.
    They will sit and listen to you and give you the space to explore what you're going through. And you can be brutally honest as there's no risk of consequences. They will also understand if you want to leave prematurely. X

Thanks for your views, I'm sorry it wasn't helpful for you. Do you still ring/text them. I guess all I need is a listening ear right now so they would be perfect. If only I could pluck up the courage to actually go in

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Oooh, I never knew that Ellie.. I was scared like if I was to go back in again, like I'd just up and leave and they would yell at me or something.. I might attempt going in to one close to college tomarrow...
  • Options
    Oooh, I never knew that Ellie.. I was scared like if I was to go back in again, like I'd just up and leave and they would yell at me or something.. I might attempt going in to one close to college tomarrow...

Good luck!!

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Thanks for your views, I'm sorry it wasn't helpful for you. Do you still ring/text them. I guess all I need is a listening ear right now so they would be perfect. If only I could pluck up the courage to actually go in

Sent by Sony Xperia

I text them a couple of times, not anymore though because I live with 24hr support. Could someone come with you just to the door? Or maybe one of the volunteers could meet you outside? I understand that it's really scary to make that first step, I couldn't stop shaking, but I had a friend come with me and although she wasn't allowed in, it gave me the confidence I needed

• Options
    Ellie :) wrote: »
    I text them a couple of times, not anymore though because I live with 24hr support. Could someone come with you just to the door? Or maybe one of the volunteers could meet you outside? I understand that it's really scary to make that first step, I couldn't stop shaking, but I had a friend come with me and although she wasn't allowed in, it gave me the confidence I needed

None if my friends know about the stuff going on or that I even need support so no one would come with me. This is something I need to do myself.

I'm glad you managed to go in though☺ well done

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Gonna try and visit them soon...
  • Options
    Gonna try and visit them soon...

Good luck Suzy :yes: Let us know how you get on *hug*
  • Options
    Good luck!! Hope it goes well

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Outside now.. Just stood glaring at the door..
  • Options
    Do you know the number of the branch? How would you feel about calling them saying your outside?

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Plucked up the courage to go inside, it was unusual talking for a long time about things.
  • Options
    I am so so proud of you that you found the courage to go in! You are so brave. Did you find it helpful? Do you think you will go in again?

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I don't think I'm brave, but thank you lots. Unsure if I would go back again, I did like the way they never like forced me to talk, they also gave me the option to like write it down on my laptop if I could not explain it in English, it smelt weird though.
  • Options
    I don't think I'm brave, but thank you lots. Unsure if I would go back again, I did like the way they never like forced me to talk, they also gave me the option to like write it down on my laptop if I could not explain it in English, it smelt weird though.

You are very brave 😊 Its great that they gave you that option too because I know that's one thing that was really bothering you

I'm thinking about going tonight but still unsure

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Thing is I need to call first to see if there's any women available (don't really feel all the comfortable talking to men I don't know) but I have no credit 😥

Sent by Sony Xperia