Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TOO generous in bed?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit of an odd one, I'll admit, but it's starting to get to me a little....

I've been with a guy for just over a month now, and while the sex is great, it's starting to dawn on me that he's not very good at 'receiving'...

While both of us initiate sex, it always seems to be him doing all the 'giving' in terms of oral etc., and he often stops me if I try to reciprocate. I don't THINK it's that I'm terrible at giving head/hand jobs etc :eek: because when we first got together I had no trouble getting him off, but the past couple of weeks I've been feeling really selfish because of it and as a result I've found it hard to really enjoy sex with him.

I've tried making a point of stopping him touching me; I spent an evening trying the dominant thing in my sexiest underwear, telling him he was incredibly generous in bed but he was just going to have to learn to lie back and take it, but he's a strong guy :blush: and it wound up same as usual.....

As problems go, it's not the worst problem to have, but it's really getting me down and I'm not sure how to deal with it.....!! I could sit him down and ask him about it but I'm terrified he's going to come out with something like 'basically love, you're rubbish at all of that and I'd rather not waste the time!'

Any ideas?!

Comments

• Options
    I would imagine that he really takes pleasure in seeing you have a good time. There's not that many guys around like that so make the most. However, I'm sure you want to feel that he is enjoying himself too.

Why don't you play a game, where you have to take turns and the other person has to be completely passive? It's fun
    :)
  • Options
    God i've had blokes like this, a slap usually works. I'm not into all this passive all giving shit. 50/50 tis how it should be.
  • Options
    I was having a conversation with one of my mates the other week and both came to the conclusion that we both enjoy the 'giving' when doing the deed with the female of the species. It may be more common than you might think.

I couldn't tell you exactly why this is, but personally I do like to see the reaction oral etc gives to a woman, gets me into the mood to. At the end of the day it will forever be a two way thing. When a man and a woman come at the same time, there's no better feeling IMO.
  • Options
    I had a boyf who honestly did just like giving more than receiving! it could really be to do with that and not anything else!
  • Options
    se what he does when u keep going for a 69
  • Options
    are you going out with my ex? :p
  • Options
    it can also be a comfort thing.

Im much more confident at giving than recieving. I feel silly when recieving sometimes, its not that my boyfriend is crap, or that i hate pleasure or anything. I just get embarressed for some unknown reason..
  • Options
    Maybe he thinks hes going to come if you start doing stuff to him, which he wont want if he wants to have sex
  • Options
    If you get fed up of him, send him my way :D
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

:lol:
  • Options
    olaola wrote: »
    Maybe he thinks hes going to come if you start doing stuff to him, which he wont want if he wants to have sex

I bet its got something to do with this.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    God i've had blokes like this, a slap usually works. I'm not into all this passive all giving shit. 50/50 tis how it should be.

i agree
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

:lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    I feel your pain.

Except I think mine IS more to do with that I'm not very good at it :blush:. Lack of confidence and stuff...
  • Options
    Bit of an odd one, I'll admit, but it's starting to get to me a little....

I've been with a guy for just over a month now, and while the sex is great, it's starting to dawn on me that he's not very good at 'receiving'...

While both of us initiate sex, it always seems to be him doing all the 'giving' in terms of oral etc., and he often stops me if I try to reciprocate. I don't THINK it's that I'm terrible at giving head/hand jobs etc :eek: because when we first got together I had no trouble getting him off, but the past couple of weeks I've been feeling really selfish because of it and as a result I've found it hard to really enjoy sex with him.

I've tried making a point of stopping him touching me; I spent an evening trying the dominant thing in my sexiest underwear, telling him he was incredibly generous in bed but he was just going to have to learn to lie back and take it, but he's a strong guy :blush: and it wound up same as usual.....

As problems go, it's not the worst problem to have, but it's really getting me down and I'm not sure how to deal with it.....!! I could sit him down and ask him about it but I'm terrified he's going to come out with something like 'basically love, you're rubbish at all of that and I'd rather not waste the time!'

Any ideas?!

Ummm...tie him up :blush:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Ummm...tie him up :blush:

But what if he totally freaks out?
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    But what if he totally freaks out?

Oh I guess there is that. Maybe ask him first before you do it. Otherwise he might think you're a nutter. But then he'd be forced to be the receiver.
  • Options
    yeah i have also come accross guys that enjoy giving a lot more then we think. Its probably thathe really does enjoy pleasuring you!

good luck!
  • Options
    have you tried talking to him about it wen ur not having sex? like just sitting down with him and saying "i like to be dominant sometimes too" an also tying him up would be good to try if he agrees to it cos then like they said he has no choice....
  • Options
    He has said to me before that he just really enjoys watching me come, and much as that sounds ideal, I quite like watching him! Seems a bit unfair that just because he's bigger than me and can pin me down, he should have the upper hand....!! Lord what a problem to have! I should really just shut up, shouldn't I?!! :lol:
  • Options
    try explaining to him is slow very simple terms that you dont always want to be the passive one and that he'll just have to put up with it if he wants you to be happy, you gota do what you like i know some people like to have a dominant partner but if thats not you then you gota make sure he understands he'll get used to the idea