Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Samaritans

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **helen** wrote: »
    That's great, really pleased you got through to someone you felt at ease with

They said I can't talk to her again which is a shame because I could really do with talking to someone this week. I hate it here and really want to go home :(
    So proud of you :heart:

Thank you :)

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    They said I can't talk to her again which is a shame because I could really do with talking to someone this week. I hate it here and really want to go home :(

Are you willing to have a go of talking to someone different? I understand it's scary but you managed to talk to them on the phone once and you got someone you liked, who's to say that might not happen again? *hug*
  • Options
    Are you willing to have a go of talking to someone different? I understand it's scary but you managed to talk to them on the phone once and you got someone you liked, who's to say that might not happen again? *hug*

I'm going to ring them again at some point yeah

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Samaritans want me to go into the branch near me tonight but I am so scared... As some of you have witnessed I'm not that great at going up to people and talking about general stuff, let alone stuff that's upsetting me
    If anyone's been into a Samaritans branch before please let me know what its like. I still have to ring to confirm it first before I go, if I go. Its open 7pm-10pm tonight
  • Options
    Just remember that you don't absolutely have to. You have a fifty fifty choice about this and if you decide you feel too scared to go tonight then that's fine, you have loads of time. They won't pressure you at all and they'll still be there in a few days, weeks, months, whatever. I have every faith in you and if I remember rightly, you've proved to yourself and others that you can overcome any fear. *hug*
  • Options
    Thank you! Have you been in before?

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Thank you! Have you been in before?

I haven't, no, but a good friend of mine from sixth form did a while ago and said it was very helpful. I could be wrong but I think the question you need to ask yourself is do you really want to? Try and forget about your fears for a second and maybe tell yourself what you're hoping to get from going. If you want it enough then you can overcome this fear and things are hardly ever as scary as they might seem.
  • Options
    I haven't, no, but a good friend of mine from sixth form did a while ago and said it was very helpful. I could be wrong but I think the question you need to ask yourself is do you really want to? Try and forget about your fears for a second and maybe tell yourself what you're hoping to get from going. If you want it enough then you can overcome this fear and things are hardly ever as scary as they might seem.

Yes I do want to. They are the only people outside of TS where I can be totally honest.
    I'm just worried about who I will see etc

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Becki,

Did you end up going in the end?
  • Options
    Nope. Too much of a chicken

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Heya :wave:

Visiting the Samaritans in person can take a load of courage, which can be pretty hard to muster in times we'd need them most. So it's totally understandable, and absolutely okay that you didn't make it this time :)

Most branches have a page where you can read a bit more about them and what you can expect. Maybe it'd help to have a look here to see if your local branch does this?
  • Options
    I've looked on the website ☺ thanks. I'd like to go in just so I can offload some of this stuff in my head but I just can't bring myself to do it. If we was meeting somewhere other then the branch I think I'd be a lot more comfortable

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Just do it.

It would give you another person to talk to and even more support than what you have.

Xxx
  • Options
    I'm thinking about going tonight but not sure 😖 every time I think about it I just get far too nervous

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Good.Its natural to be nervous.

At least if you go then youd add to the long list of people and support you already have?!.....
  • Options
    I'm not sure

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    What arent you sure about?

You are extremely lucky with all of the support you have and people to talk to etc.If you went then youd have evn more than what you do now!!.....
  • Options
    Hope dont seem rude
  • Options
    Becki, ive been into a branch near me and its not as bad as it looks... they will tale everything at ur pace, offer u a cup of tea or coffee... good luck xx
  • Options
    Trust me, I don't have as much support as you all think. A lot has changed in the last few weeks

How did you find it?

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    It seems like you still do have quite a lot,especially on CL too.Your the favourite and most attention given one on there(sorry!!!)

Hope your okay though.xx
  • Options
    I don't get the most attention at all, I'm rarely on there anymore. Everyone on there is treated equally

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    You do.You really do.Not everyone is treated on there equally no!x
  • Options
    I did find it scary but now its much easier and they are all lovely... please try it hun it will be all worth it in the end... xx
  • Options
    You do.You really do.Not everyone is treated on there equally no!x

If you feel like that then maybe its something to be brought up on their boards. I don't understand why its my fault though
    I did find it scary but now its much easier and they are all lovely... please try it hun it will be all worth it in the end... xx

I can't go 😓

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Its not allowed to be posted on their boards??

I cant say how its your fault because i dont want to hurt you so yeah
  • Options
    No go on, you may as well say it now

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    No go on, you may as well say it now

Sent by Sony Xperia

You get a lot of attention from Max and charlie,when she was there,Everyone replies to you cause they feel sorry for you.You say things to make people reply and give you thw attention you want.You habe a lot of support online,and offline.Sorry :'( xx
  • Options
    How do you know I've got support offline?! Your just making assumptions

I don't get a lot of attention from them at all, I get the same as you. And what sort of things do I say to make people reply?

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Hey guys,

It feels like this is getting a bit off topic...

The great thing about the boards is that it's totally separate from places like Childline. You're both allowed to ask for support in both places - that's absolutely fine :)

AngelFace - it sounds like you feel a bit ignored at CL sometimes? If that's the case, then it's great you feel able to talk about it, but it might be best to bring it up with someone over there?

Becki - going into a branch can seem pretty daunting. Perhaps writing down what you want to say first might help boost your confidence a bit?