Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tomboys: y/n?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering what people think, do they look immature/a phase that will be grown out of/angry? Was in a debate about this with my friend, will be interested to see what other people think!

Comments

• Options
    People can dress how they want to dress, that's the wonders of a free society.
  • Options
    How does a tomboy look immature or angry? Is a happy woman dressy woman? Also barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen?

You want to see angry and awkward, put me in a dress, skirt or anything of the such (haven't owned one in probably 15 years).
  • Options
    Each to their own innit? The way other people dress is the least of my (and I suspect most peoples) worries.
  • Options
    I think the tomboy look is hot (over 16-years-old, natch). You see a fair amount of it in Brighton among lesbian couples. I generally tend to fancy the tomboy of the couple, which leaves me feeling pleasantly confused.
  • Options
    I think the tomboy look is hot (over 16-years-old, natch). You see a fair amount of it in Brighton among lesbian couples. I generally tend to fancy the tomboy of the couple, which leaves me feeling pleasantly confused.

Perhaps it just means you're a submissive lesbian trapped in a man's body...;)
  • Options
    I feel more comfortable in trousers than I ever have in a skirt or dress.

My life, my choice of clothing. :)
  • Options
    Perhaps it just means you're a submissive lesbian trapped in a man's body...;)

Haha, you could be right. :D
  • Options
    Can I just say that lesbianism is more complicated than a butch tomboy pairing off with a sissy girl. I know you guys are joking, but it's important to say.
  • Options
    The girls in the couples I'm talking about aren't butch, they're just boy-ish. And I'm not joking about fancying them! :D
  • Options
    I know you're not joking about fancying them. But I am being serious about the complex nature of lesbian relationships.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I know you're not joking about fancying them. But I am being serious about the complex nature of lesbian relationships.

I'm sure those who hitherto thought lesbian relationships were two dimensional stereotypes will be thankful for being alleviated of that prejudice.
  • Options
    Champion.
  • Options
    Can I just say that lesbianism is more complicated than a butch tomboy pairing off with a sissy girl. I know you guys are joking, but it's important to say.

Really! All the ones in the movies just want to get naked and have sex - are you suggesting that real life may be more complex?

Gosh, well thanks Captain Obvious
  • Options
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    Really! All the ones in the movies just want to get naked and have sex - are you suggesting that real life may be more complex?

Dammit, another bubble burst by TheSite :(

I'm really in to tomboys - my OH is one and she's the first 'tomboy' I've ever been with and I think that's what was lacking in all my previous relationships. She can be feminine when required but is what I call an 'honorary bloke' - one of the many reasons why she's definitely 'the one'.

I wouldn't consider the butch half of a lesbian relationship to be a 'tomboy' though - I would probably use 'boyish'.
  • Options
    CM Punk wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider the butch half of a lesbian relationship to be a 'tomboy' though - I would probably use 'boyish'.

:banghead:
  • Options
    What's really painful, is that saying "honourary bloke" really is meant to be a compliment.
  • Options
    What's really painful, is that saying "honourary bloke" really is meant to be a compliment.

It is - and it's not painful at all. It's not an expression I would ever use for anyone else. She and I have our own 'language' that we would only use on each other because it's us.
  • Options
    It really is though, because what it means is that being a bloke is being better than being a woman.
  • Options
    It really is though, because what it means is that being a bloke is being better than being a woman.

OK I'm sorry you've taken it that way but that's not the manner in which it is intended. She often displays some traditional 'bloke' tendencies. So much so that I use that expression to jokingly suggest that sometimes the only thing stopping her being a bloke at times is the physiological side of it. Some people are awarded the title of 'Honorary Knighthood' because for whatever reason they don't qualify for a full Knighthood.

In no way am I suggesting that being male is somehow 'superior'.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    :banghead:

Come and have a hug. I'll wear my check shirt, denim jacket and grow a moustache :)
  • Options
    CM Punk wrote: »
    OK I'm sorry you've taken it that way but that's not the manner in which it is intended. She often displays some traditional 'bloke' tendencies. So much so that I use that expression to jokingly suggest that sometimes the only thing stopping her being a bloke at times is the physiological side of it.

In no way am I suggesting that being male is somehow 'superior'.

It still kind of suggests that there are things that are only for blokes.
  • Options
    It still kind of suggests that there are things that are only for blokes.

Again, that's your perception but is in no way what I'm suggesting.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Come and have a hug. I'll wear my check shirt, denim jacket and grow a moustache :)

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
  • Options
    or

I'm a stereotype and I'm OK. I'm Camp all night and wear denim all day :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I'm a stereotype and I'm OK. I'm Camp all night and wear denim all day :)

High five!
  • Options
    Darling, do you know where my denim wife-beater is? I need it to drive my Mondeo.
  • Options
    Stereotyping eh?

I drive a Megane anyway ;)
  • Options
    Darling, do you know where my denim wife-beater is? I need it to drive my Mondeo.

It's over here, darling, freshly laundered and pressed for you, let me fetch it.
  • Options
    Yes, please fetch it but don't you dare leave the kitchen!!!