Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Woman driving on railway not prosecuted

Sat Nav tells woman to drive on railway line.

And the police reckon that this not dangerous driving, and that a prosecution is "not in the public interest" :eek2:

She could have killed people by doing that, but its interesting how the incompetent police don't want to know because its on the railway. The whole thing beggars belief, and that moronic woman is free to drive on Britain's roads?

I wonder if I will get away with speeding by saying I made a "bad but honest mistake".

Christ Almighty.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A bad but honest mistake? How thick is she, I mean really? :eek2:
  • Options
    Oh god. There's some interesting people in the world, I'll give her that. :no:

I hope someones smashed her Sat Nav.
  • Options
    I didn't think ignorance was a defence in law? So surely the fact that she thought that driving up a railway was alright isn't a defence?
  • Options
    sat nav is the most stupid invention for stupid people.
  • Options
    I used to live near there, it's just a stretch of isolated road with a crossing. How the hell she thought she was turning into a road, God only knows.
  • Options
    Another example of why women shouldn't be allowed on the roads ;):p
  • Options
    She wasn't ON the road, that's the point!
  • Options
    A fine example of how utter stupidity should be a crime.
  • Options
    Well all I can think of is how you lot have the nerve to say she should be prosecuted, after all how can we get her done for dangerous driving when we all know what women do in a car isn't really driving!

(please note that for the benefit of the femenist police that the above post may contain nuances of sarcasm)
  • Options
    Whereas the mistake might have been completely honest, it appears to show the driver in question might be lacking in the intelligence or basic awareness department quite badly.

Perhaps she doesn't deserve to be prosecuted for dangerous driving. But she needs to be looked at because she might not be fit to be in charge of a vehicle.
  • Options
    If I do 85mph on the motorway its an honest accident, but will I still be prosecuted, of course I bloody will. And me driving at 85mph doesn't put tens, if not hundreds, of lives at risk.

The police officers who decided that prosecution was not justifiable clearly have appalling judgement and should be sacked immediately.
  • Options
    Woman eh? :D
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Woman eh? :D

:yes:

I dread to see what her parking is like :D
  • Options
    Maybe she was having a nervous breakdown and went off the rails.

Ba doom kish :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Maybe she was having a nervous breakdown and went off the rails.

Ba doom kish :D

Lol one of those "it's so bad it's funny" jokes. :thumb:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    If I do 85mph on the motorway its an honest accident, but will I still be prosecuted, of course I bloody will. And me driving at 85mph doesn't put tens, if not hundreds, of lives at risk.

Well you are strictly putting tens of lives at risk, motorway pileups have killed dozens of people before. And its not an "honest" accident (although I don't entirely know what you mean by that) because you are breaking the law.

Now, I'm not having a go, when I drive on the motorway I usually drive at 80 or 85 miles an hour, or sometimes 90 or 95 if the conditions are good and its a clear road. I'm just saying that everytime you get in a car (a 2 tonne lump of metal), whether you drive it around at 90, 85, 70, 60, or 30 miles an hour you are putting people's lives at risk.
  • Options
    carlito wrote: »
    Well you are strictly putting tens of lives at risk, motorway pileups have killed dozens of people before. And its not an "honest" accident (although I don't entirely know what you mean by that) because you are breaking the law.

Now, I'm not having a go, when I drive on the motorway I usually drive at 80 or 85 miles an hour, or sometimes 90 or 95 if the conditions are good and its a clear road. I'm just saying that everytime you get in a car (a 2 tonne lump of metal), whether you drive it around at 90, 85, 70, 60, or 30 miles an hour you are putting people's lives at risk.

same as evrytime you get into a car - but there's different levels of risk. Driving poorly on a motorway is less likely to kill someone than driving on railways and whilst overall there may be more people killed on the roads individual accidents on the rail kill more.
  • Options
    She wasn't ON the road, that's the point!

Good point, well made.

Let me re-phrase and say, another example of why women shouldn't be allowed to drive. :p
  • Options
    carlito wrote: »

Obstructing a railway line is an separate criminal offence, as is driving with such little due care and attention that you think the main line is the M1.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I wonder if I will get away with speeding by saying I made a "bad but honest mistake".

I was out with a couple of last year and we got pulled over because my friend (the driver) was speeding. After being asked if he was stupid (the other friend said yes:lol: ) he got called to the police car, got told off, said it was an accident and he didn't realise he was going that fast (neither did I) and nothing else was done. And he was doing about 110MPH in a 70MPH lane.

And please stop with all these 'that's why women shouldn't drive' jokes - they're NOT all that bad...
  • Options
    Natural selection at work? And obviously failing!

I agree with earlier comments regarding SatNav. Waste of time. I mean how hard can it be to check a map or similar before you leave. I was in my mates car who has sat nav and for a laugh asked it to direct me from my house to Tesco. Which I can walk to it 10 mins. Stupid bloody thing had us driving ALL the way round town and took us 8 mins to ge there.

I remember seeing some lassie with sat nav installed in her car but the console was stuck halfway down her windscreen inline with her rear view mirror. Surely that's illegal!!
  • Options
    Madness, however blame shouldn't lie with the Police officers, I have a strong feeling it was probably the CPS that decided it wasn't in the public interest. We aren't allowed to make those sorts of decisions :P