Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Suicidal..

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I never said feeling suicidal was a choice.
    But how we feel effects our thoughts wchich affect our actions.

Therefore learning to try and think more positively about things, and finding positive distractions helps our thoughts and how we act. Mollycoddling people isn't going to get them the help they need.
  • Options
    Emily has already said she's tried distractions, she's asked for help. You are not helping her with your attitude at all.
  • Options
    Not helping? Okay honey. I've gave links and considering there's counsellors WHICH sometimes lower the amount for a session with people on income support or a student. She could easily email/phone about to see what can be sorted.

There's more options out there, mollycoddling someone isn't going to help. Sometimes you've got to be straight to get a kick up the ass to put all your strength you can into getting better.
  • Options
    How have I mollycoddled her? Reply to me on facebook, or inbox me on here, this does not need to be posted on the boards.
  • Options
    Yet you started posting it all over the boards ;)
  • Options
    We're talking elsewhere. The boards can be left now. This thread is about someone wanting help, not us disagreeing.
  • Options
    All I can say is give time. I know it can feel impossible when things are that bad....I felt like that a lot when I was in my teens but I just kept going. If sucidial is how you feel, and that's really what you want then every week, day, minute and hour not doing it is an achievement. It can be a monumental battle but take each moment as it comes and just try to keep going. If getting better emotionally isn't in your mindset at the moment then at least try to get a more stable situation into place. A bad situation isn't going to help but at least you're still here and still going. If your fanily are being like that at the moment then the best thing you can do is avoid them and let it be, for now at least. I had a hell of a lot of problems with my Mum when I was younger and things didn't really get any better till I'd moved out and we'd had time apart. I don't know if this will help or not but I just wanted to post to show we're thinking of you and we care, even if it feels lile everyone else doesn't. You can also pm me any time if you do feel up to talking or venting. I know you may not want to as you don't know me well but the option is there. *hugs* :)
  • Options
    I took anti depressants for a bit, but then the side affects caused my ADHD to become unmanageable so I stopped taking them. and i read stories about becoming dependent on them ect.

I don't see my mum anymore, I haven't lived with her for a year, and now I don't live anywhere near her, My family are arseholes that constantly bring me down and make me feel on the edge of a cliff all the time, I don't need people like that in my life. but they've always been like it I guess nothings going to change what they're like.

I just feel really crap, even though theres a referral in place or whatever i still feel rubbish and I still have the thoughts of suicide. they're really hard and I feel depressed. alone and hurting.
  • Options
    I guess thinking that you're not alone may really help. Try and focus on the people that DO care, like your friend who allowed you to move in with her, and her family seem like they care. Focus on the friends that are always there, and talk to them (if you can) when you need to.

Know you're not alone.

*hug*
  • Options
    Well your family sound like idiots to be frank. Like Sophie says, focus on those who do care and try to keep busy. You might not feel like it but forcing yourself to do things can help take your mind off it x
  • Options
    I can't distract myself anymore. Its all too much, I want and need megan :'(. I just need her, I can't go on without her
  • Options
    Can you talk to the friend you live with about how you're feeling?

If not:

Samaritans

Helpline: 08457 90 90 90
    Email: jo@samaritans.org
    Text: 07725 90 90 90

SANE

Helpline: 0845 767 8000
    Email: http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/email/

Papyrus

HOPELineUK: 0800 068 41 41
    Mon-Fri 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
    Weekends 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I can't distract myself anymore. Its all too much, I want and need megan :'(. I just need her, I can't go on without her

Hey Em,
    Just wanted to let you know that it's natural to have days where the loss of someone who meant so much feels unbearable. When you're feeling lonely and like others are finding it hard to understand your situation, the pain of not having that person is intensified. It's good to feel able to express that pain and to know that there are people who care.

In terms of the ADs - did you talk to a GP at the time about the way they were affecting you? They're not necessarily the thing that works for everyone, but sometimes people find that it takes a while to find the type that works best for them.

There have been a few other practical suggestions in this thread that you might want to think about, but for now, I just wanted to say be kind to yourself because you deserve to be feeling hopeful about the future and know that you really matter.
  • Options
    I did talk to him about them and he just kept going give it time give it time and saying the side effects will loosen soon, he never really paid attention to a thing i said.

hopeful for the future?. What future do I possibly have...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    The future where we become hair twins and you use your talents to work somewhere you really care about and maybe even set up your own projects. I'm not joking (ok, maybe I am about the hair - my roots are really bad these days ;)). I know your journey is a tough one, the road isn't smooth, its full of cracks, and maybe even great gaping holes in some places, with streams through them and stuff, but you'll be able to build bridges and cross them - you've come this far and you can go further.
  • Options
    Aww that made me smile^^ Hair twins!! I'm getting it done next week :D

The only thing that's keeping me going is the fact I know I deserve better then this, and if I let go and give up now. Then It's saying to everyone who has hurt me in the past and has tried to break me, That they're right.
  • Options
    knowing you belong in a hospital, but refusing to go. Safer place for me right now...But I can't go :(
  • Options
    Bad day...Crying, Hurting inside...
  • Options
    Have you got anyone you can talk to, maybe a helpline?
    Distraction techniques.

Were hear for you.

x
  • Options
    I've talked to people...and distractions...

Its not helping
  • Options
    :crying: I can't do this anymore. I'm done, I'm sick of it...

I've got nothing or nobody to live for, Nobody cares. I've had enough its to hard. I can't go on...
  • Options
    Hey *hug*
    Just wanted to ask how you're feeling today? Many people on here really care about you, so please hold on to that if you can.

I found your posts about the volunteering you've been doing with YouthNet recently really inspiring - and I'm sure others did too. It seems to me that you've got so much more to offer than you realise or will give yourself credit for.

Whenever there's bad try to remind yourself of the good :heart:
  • Options
    I feel crap, I ended up OD'ing yesterday and not telling anyone...
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I feel crap, I ended up OD'ing yesterday and not telling anyone...

We're all here for you if you need us hun. xx
  • Options
    Thanks...I just feel pretty desperate right now
  • Options
    Thanks...I just feel pretty desperate right now

What's up hun? xx
  • Options
    I saw my stupid brother when I was in hull for a few days, Threatened as i walked past the shop and screamed at "I thought you was fucking dead. I was happy for a moment now I've seen your stupid fucking face" and my mum telling everyone I'm dead...not having anyone, I've just had enough...I want someone to actually be there...What did I do wrong to deserve everything?. Ohwell everyones better off without me
  • Options
    Not true, the world would be better off without those people who put everyone else down.
    Like you said what did you do wrong? Why should you have to feel this way?
    Kids put me down everyday and I thought the same as you. The world would be better off without me. -It might sound big headed but I know how wrong I was thinking that, because even though it took some time, years in fact, I have made a difference being here. Tiny, small things to help those I love and others around me, but that makes me happy knowing I've helped, by just being me, the weird girl, the quiet one, odd one out.

They hurt you because most likely you're not like them, you are better, they see it and can't stand it. That's the kind of people who put others down.
  • Options
    Better then them?..Ha. They're miles better then me...and everyone knows
  • Options
    I don't think so. xx