Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whatcha Making?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A few bit's of jewellery I've made recently :)

Love the red hearts bracelet and earrings in picture 03, they are so pretty.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    And here's my Cora scarf:

Oooh I like that!
  • Options
    Nice one, piccolo! :)

I'm making a tooth fairy bear for my step-daughter. I kinda think the dress looks skanky because it's so in-your-face glamoured but fortunately I think a six year old will think otherwise. ;) It's a fun project and so far I've used three different kinds of yarn I have stashed. I bought the main colour yarn of the bear for this though.

Can't wait to do Pirate Bear and Aladdin Bear. There's actually lots of different bears I want to make, I am really enjoying this bear-book!

The attatchmend is the bear, I'm still working on finishing it, there's both seaming and knitting to do.
  • Options
    Wheee, I'm probably buying a sewing machine tomorrow. :hyper: Endless possibilities!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Wheee, I'm probably buying a sewing machine tomorrow. :hyper: Endless possibilities!

Ace!

What machine are you going for? I am currently in the market for a new one. I just can't decide what to go for.
  • Options

I'm making a tooth fairy bear for my step-daughter. I kinda think the dress looks skanky because it's so in-your-face glamoured but fortunately I think a six year old will think otherwise. ;) It's a fun project and so far I've used three different kinds of yarn I have stashed. I bought the main colour yarn of the bear for this though.

Can't wait to do Pirate Bear and Aladdin Bear. There's actually lots of different bears I want to make, I am really enjoying this bear-book!

The attatchmend is the bear, I'm still working on finishing it, there's both seaming and knitting to do.

Oh nice teddy!
  • Options
    What machine are you going for? I am currently in the market for a new one. I just can't decide what to go for.

Which machine have you got at the mo?

I've had two Janomes and both have rocked my world!
  • Options

BEAR BOOK?! WHAT IS THIS?!

I am going to make a bunch of bears/dogs/general stuffed animals for my mum's show next year so knowing of this bear book would be helpful :flirt:.
  • Options
    I just saw the new Knitty and have embarked on Amiga in a load of Rowan Damask that my ex left me. It's heavier than the yarn she specifies but not so much that it doesn't drape and look a bit airy.
  • Options
    BEAR BOOK?! WHAT IS THIS?!

I am going to make a bunch of bears/dogs/general stuffed animals for my mum's show next year so knowing of this bear book would be helpful :flirt:.

At a guess, this one (Amazon). You need to get onto Ravelry, best place for patterns.

Also, if you want to sell them you should check the copyright on the patterns it's usually not allowed.
  • Options
    I am on Ravelry!

It's only a little show? That's so crap :(
  • Options
    I am on Ravelry!

What is your rav name?
  • Options

If it's for charity, contact the designer they might give you permission.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    If it's for charity, contact the designer they might give you permission.

This.

I know that Ysolda gave permission for one of her patterns to be used for the Japanese earthquake appeal to a knitter that asked her permission. I also know that Alan Dart doesn't mind his patterns being used to be sold and things.

It's all a copyright minefield, tbh.
  • Options
    I know that Ysolda gave permission for one of her patterns to be used for the Japanese earthquake appeal to a knitter that asked her permission.

I have such a weird knitting-crush on Ysolda. I would knit anything she designs, her patterns are so well written.

It doesn't help that she's very pretty as well :blush:
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I have such a weird knitting-crush on Ysolda. I would knit anything she designs, her patterns are so well written.

It doesn't help that she's very pretty as well :blush:

Hehe, I love Ysolda. She's just ace. And as you say, her patterns are just fantastic. And my style too. I would wear any of her designs. I've not long finished Damson and Ishbel and love both of them.
  • Options
    Might do that :). My mummy asked one woman if she could sell her patterns (printed off, but with credit given and everything) for like 20p or something ridiculous each and the woman was like NO NO CAN HAS.

I went :|.

I can't remember my Rav name. frankisaysrelax possibly?
  • Options
    Hehe, I love Ysolda. She's just ace. And as you say, her patterns are just fantastic. And my style too. I would wear any of her designs. I've not long finished Damson and Ishbel and love both of them.

I made Matilda Jane (Ravelry) for my sister, and it's lovely. Sadly she won't let me have a proper picture of her wearing it, but it fits beautifully.
  • Options
    I can't remember my Rav name. frankisaysrelax possibly?

:yes: You should get back on it, it's a gold mine for patterns and some are specifically given as charity knits, etc. There are also lots of groups for charity knitting.
  • Options
    They have a Sackboy pattern! OH EM EFF GEEEEEEE :D :hyper:
  • Options
    I bought a Husqvarna sewing machine, it will take me some time to learn how to use it well. I get a free one-on-one teaching session in how to use it, definitely going to do that when I've tested it a bit by myself.

piccolo has the book right, it's the best dressed bears one. :) I've now finished the tooth fairy bear. I can give it o its new owner next weekend, yay :)

I'm feeling quite productive these days. I've now started my first shawl ever. So far so good :)
  • Options
    I bought a Husqvarna sewing machine, it will take me some time to learn how to use it well. I get a free one-on-one teaching session in how to use it, definitely going to do that when I've tested it a bit by myself.

piccolo has the book right, it's the best dressed bears one. :) I've now finished the tooth fairy bear. I can give it o its new owner next weekend, yay :)

I'm feeling quite productive these days. I've now started my first shawl ever. So far so good :)

I am looking at Husqvarna for a machine. Which model have you got? Can you let me know how you get on with it?

Shawls can be ace to make. The only problem I have with shawls is that I then need to block it at the end :| I'm not a fan of blocking.

I'm still plodding on with my cinderella but I have also started doing some felt applique. Oh, and we are off pot painting tomorrow! How exciting.

Franki, I have made sack boy. It's rather fiddly but quite fun too. I'm sure i put a photo in this thread somewhere, if not, it's on my rav page :)
  • Options
    I saw! I am going to try and make a custom one for my friend for her birthday (WHY DO I THINK OF THESE THINGS?!).

How long did it take you?
  • Options
    I saw! I am going to try and make a custom one for my friend for her birthday (WHY DO I THINK OF THESE THINGS?!).

How long did it take you?

The knitting didn't take too long - a few days. The finishing off took longer because it just lingered as I hate sewing in ends and the like. The hardest part was putting the zip in.
  • Options
    I can get away without a zip because her sack person has a dress on :D

Like so: http://www.twitpic.com/476b9m (I have no idea how I'm going to do that dress, but never mind...)
  • Options
    I am looking at Husqvarna for a machine. Which model have you got? Can you let me know how you get on with it?

Shawls can be ace to make. The only problem I have with shawls is that I then need to block it at the end :| I'm not a fan of blocking.

I'm still plodding on with my cinderella but I have also started doing some felt applique. Oh, and we are off pot painting tomorrow! How exciting.

Franki, I have made sack boy. It's rather fiddly but quite fun too. I'm sure i put a photo in this thread somewhere, if not, it's on my rav page :)

I bought Husqvarna Sapphire 875. It's a little overwhelming with all the fancy features but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm still only doing fairly simple stuff mind. ;) I'll probably curse a bit when I venture into more complex sewing.

I usually don't mind blocking but then again I've never blocked a shawl before. It feels nice to be doing something for myself again as well.
  • Options
    I just cast on a Weasley sweater for Mrs. Piccolo. It's my easy-in-front-of-the-telly knitting but I'm cursing the 400g balls of yarn I bought to make it with!
  • Options
    I just started making a teddy bear for my nephew-to-be.

I m going to a Crafternoon Tea at a friends house tomorrow so I'll take it with me.
  • Options
    I found such an awesome pony on Ravelry, I'm dying to order the pattern and dive in but I need to finish projects instead!

Heather the Pony

There's also a llama and a dragon, and a buffalo. *swoon*

(I'm stuck doing plain stockinette in both of my projects and I'm booooored)
  • Options
    I am making nappies for Superbaby! :hyper:

Here's my first one:

5634102513_b65e231972.jpg

5634685080_60b28b18a3.jpg

P.S. Oooh, new boards! Been absent a wee while. Me and Superbaby have been on the fritz :(