Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whatcha Making?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jaloux wrote: »
    I got two amazing books today! One's called Creepy Cute Crochet and the other is Amigurumi Knits and has insanely droolworthy stuff in it.

Can't wait to go yarn shopping and start something!

I have creepy cute crochet and I love it. I haven't actually made anything, mind, but I keep meaning to. Other things just get in the way ... like blankets! But the instructions are easy to follow as I have had a good scooch through the book. I love the little devil.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Even mom confessed she thought the creepy cute guys were cute. She normally rolls her eyes at me when I buy stuff like that. ;)

I'm thinking about starting out with something easy and eventually I'd like to give my brother and wife who live in Los Angeles either the day of the dead or skeleton set of a bride/groom.

Right now I want to start like 15 different projects at once!
  • Options
    yay, I'm knitting a carrot now. The yarn is so bright orange. :D
  • Options
    Oh just looked that up, they look cute :D Also learned something new today, hadn't heard of Amigurumi, like the look of it!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I finished Smith today. Apart from the eyes. I need to find my black embroidery thread to do his eyes, though. And then find some time to take some photos in decent light. Niamh tends to require my attention more at optimal photograph taking times. I now have 2 FOs to photograph! :|

I have been searching for things though (got to love Ravelry!) and just purchased some MochiMochiLand patterns! I have a couple of babbas I need to knit for and quite liked the Uh Ohs. With some mods. I hate seaming up!
  • Options
    I'm starting up on Kaff's baby blanket again :D. Except I keep making silly mistakes early on and restarting (like, yesterday I started a block where I was supposed to cast on 33 stitches and I did 34 and I did three bloody rows before I realised I'd made a mistake). But the current one WILL BE PERFECT. RAH. Er *cough*.

Also my mum said she was going to show me how to do two colours so maybe Kaff can get stripes in her blanket somewhere :D.
  • Options
    :hyper:

It'll be too warm for blankets for a couple of months anyway :heart:

I've just finished these little guys:

4671590271_a48083a1f4.jpg

And am now trying to make my first ever quilt out of these fabrics which have been sitting and staring at me for months:

4375395441_5d4a620a36.jpg
  • Options
    Ohhh...PlanetJune.com/blog may be of interest to you Amigurumi enthusiasts. Cute and cuddly with step by step tutorials if anyone is just starting out! Kaff your little monster guys are amazing, loving the red and blue stripes! :d
  • Options
    So much! Trying to do hot water bottle covers for a wedding present, making myself a straightforward shrug and need a hat for pride so thought I'd have a bash at a simple crocheted cloche....
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Still waiting on photos ;)
    I know, they were on someone else's camera and I've not seen them yet :(
  • Options
    I'm trying to learn to sew... got a bit tipsy and went out and bought some fabric for an accessory scarf. Not working out so well... working out terribly in fact!
  • Options
    I'm trying to learn to sew... got a bit tipsy and went out and bought some fabric for an accessory scarf. Not working out so well... working out terribly in fact!

You're not still tipsy while you're sewing, are you? That might be your problem :p
  • Options
    Sober as a clam, maybe that was the problem :p

It ended up being too short so I took the half I cut off (too wide) and sewed it on to the bottom so the thing is seamalicious.
  • Options
    So, what are you are doing at the moment? Anyone knitting / crocheting / writing / creating anything exciting?

I'm on a sock craze at the moment and just cast on some spring forwards. I have many socks I want to make but not enough hours to do them.

Oh, and I'm also making a little hedgehog for my daughter. I need a 48 hour day!

I'm drawing, like the usual and colouring in my colouring fairy book, but the piccture I'm drawing are not nice.
  • Options
    I'm attempting to finish a sweater that I started 2 years ago. It seems to be the norm for me to take two years per sweater.

I'm also knitting a spider and bought yarn for a top. Started another stitching project last weekend.
  • Options
    What sweater are you making? Is it "Ze Eagle" one in your patterns? Maybe it can be ready for winter ;)
  • Options
    That's the one! Started the eagle pattern and I'm a touch skeptical at the moment but hope for it to turn out alright. I think I may finish it during my holidays and then should be able to wear it at least the first and last part of winter, wheee.
  • Options
    I've finished the eagle sweater, finally. :) I attached a pic that shows the eagle pattern. I'm yet to bathe the sweater and hope it shrinks a bit, the chest area is too big. :grump: Although I call it my "German farm sweater" and if I can't fix it I can use it as a camping sweater or for the stables. I'll have to take a pic of the final product. I do like the colours. :)

I'm now starting a top. The pattern is in Danish and I'm trying very hard to figure it all out. :lol:
  • Options
    I've finished the picture part on a blanket (it will also have a red section on each side which will double its width)... now back to the mindless boring stockinette for thousands of stitches :banghead:

It is supposed to look like this... http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/207346/South_Dakota_logo.jpg
  • Options
    writing and doing oragami.
  • Options
    I've finished the picture part on a blanket (it will also have a red section on each side which will double its width)... now back to the mindless boring stockinette for thousands of stitches :banghead:

It is supposed to look like this... http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/207346/South_Dakota_logo.jpg

Manda, that's ace!

I have just finished lots of things that I need to take photos of. I am about to carry on with Niamhy's cardigan, which is also lots of stockinette at the moment :(

(PS this isn't Mist, I've hijacked his account for a few minutes - it's really littlemissy!)
  • Options
    Thank you :D I had to show it off somewhere. I try to force Ed to be ridiculously estatic but he is still lacking the skills and it will be a christmas present so I want to keep it secret from others.
  • Options

Impressive!! I think it's really well done. :thumb: And I hear you on the boring stockinette, heehee. I once knitted a horse throw and thought I'd die of boredom.

I'm still working on the top. It's going pretty well I think. I also bought yarn for a small owl sweater. Another danish pattern though! +sweat+
  • Options
    Attachment not found.

My first attempt at Roving dreads :) (the candycane one didn't felt too well so i now have two separate curly dreads lol)

they are gonna be my Christmas dreads (bright cuz it'll be summer!)
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Impressive!! I think it's really well done. :thumb: And I hear you on the boring stockinette, heehee. I once knitted a horse throw and thought I'd die of boredom.

I'm still working on the top. It's going pretty well I think. I also bought yarn for a small owl sweater. Another danish pattern though! +sweat+

So do you speak any Danish or is it total guess work?
  • Options
    I learnt danish for about 7 years in school and Icelandic is related so it's not complete guesswork but my danish knitting vocabulary is shite so I used a lot of danish to english knitting dictionaries. So far so good. :thumb:
  • Options
    Taking a bit of a break from the top and knitting Totoro mittens. :D They're too cute, and soft. Can't wait to wear them this winter.

I also decided to post pics of both the top and mitten I'm knitting on my ravelry.

And if anyone's wondering, I've spent a lot of time off work recently and can't exercise so I'm obsessing about knitting most days. ;)
  • Options
    Any baby knitting in the works yet? :D
  • Options
    I'm on a baby hat bender at the mo! They're mega quick, which is essential when trying to knit with a tiny baby about :yes:

The first of many...
  • Options
    Hat looks great Kaff, but I think you've got a baby stuck on it :d

I'm making a patchwork out of an old wrap skirt - hideously made, beautiful material. once sewn, the squares are about an inch and a half long (I'm sewing it by hand, so it varies) so it is taking ages! I think it'll be really nice when it's done though.