Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whatcha Making?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Evenstar wrote: »
    Hat looks great Kaff, but I think you've got a baby stuck on it :d

I made that, too :yes:

Sewing all that by hand? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »

Sewing all that by hand? :crazyeyes

it's therapeutic, and I'm going to quit smoking when i can get my appointment with the nurse, and it's already a good distraction. if i get bored of it it'll probably end up being a pillow case, but at the moment I'm aiming for on of those bed cover thingies that just sits on the end of the bed
  • Options
    I bow to your superior patience and dedication ;)
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    I bow to your superior patience and dedication ;)

and I to your superior knitting, crocheting, photography, writing...
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Match stick house. :)

I'm working on my third match stick house with my dad been doing it since I was 11 I'm glad I get to spend time with my dad.
  • Options
    I am making minted lamb chops!!!!! Lol
  • Options
    I finally found an interesting enough cotton blend to start a project from my Creepy Cute book. :) I've done a head so far, wh00t.

Not much more left of the owl sweater I'm knitting. Just the sleeves to go and of course my interest vanes now that I'm doing the homerun. It's a super cute little sweater though.
  • Options
    What one you going to start out with?
  • Options
    I'm doing the Skeleton Bride, I've finished the body and it looks good! I did a head but it's kinda, uhm, lumpy. So I'm re-doing it and it seems to be tighter.

I'm trying to bribe myself into finishing the sweater, 4 rounds of knitting and then one round of crocheting. It's going well. :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm now crocheting a baby blanket! It's from an alpaca silk blend, it's so soft I think I'll steal it from the kid. :D

I've finished crocheting the parts for the Skeleton Bride and Groom, I just need to do all the little details and sew them together.

Oh yeah and the owl sweater is completed. It's cute, although I need to sew the armholes.

Yes, assembling and all the finishing touches is what I don't enjoy much...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Oooooer, I have a list as long as my arm at the moment. The Christmas crafting is certainly underway. I have created a pin cushion and hat for my mum, a scarf for my SIL, a mario mushroom for my brother, I am half way through a hat for my daughter and brother, an afghan for my parents, and I have a couple of other bits and bobs.

I have also nearly finished my hampers - got the peaches to do and some yummy hot choc cones and then I'm onto the next stage of Christmas.

Oh, and my soap has turned out really well. I am dead chuffed with it.

Phew!
  • Options
    I've now got clay to make eyes for my creepy cute crochets. I hope they end up looking decent. I've no experience with clay.

Baby blanket is going more slowly now as I've been so busy. I've still got more than 1/7th finished though. :P
  • Options
    OOh. I am in the middle of hand weaving a double cloth coat. It's going to take a while though!
  • Options
    Klever wrote: »
    OOh. I am in the middle of hand weaving a double cloth coat. It's going to take a while though!

Duuuude! Where have you been hiding?
  • Options
    Er..I've been very busy! Travelling. I got a job as a trend researcher in London for a bit! Now I am back to hiding in a large weaving shed making my coat!

Your teeny cardy is beautiful! I love the colours!
  • Options
    I finally finished stitching the armpits together for the baby owl sweater so it's almost finished now. :yes: Meanwhile, my dog ate my totoro mitten. :no:
  • Options
    I've just started making a guitar :)

Clicky

Oh that is really cool! How far are you? Can't wait to see when it is finished :D
  • Options
    I've finished the cashmere scarf I was making for Randomboy. Eleven months after I started it!

I'm going to do a bookmark next as I think it'll be quicker. I'm vowing not to start any big projects for a while.
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun project!
  • Options
    dude, where the hell are you doing this??
    I wanna do it now
  • Options
    I finished the bookmark, it was really quick.

I've gone back to working on a top that I started last year that has been hibernating for a while. It's not got far to go now.
  • Options
    I'm making a Baktus and a Foliage.

It's taking ages cause someone is on some kind of nap embargo atm :grump:
  • Options
    Crocheting 70 identical pieces gets quite boring. I'm on 42 or 43 and am stitching inbetween rounds to motivate myself to keep going. Two tedious projects!
  • Options
    I've finished the top now. I've just done the umbilical cord baby hat for my new niece/nephew due in May. I'm doing another hat for the homeless project (see the other thread in here for details) and fairly soon I'm going to start baby booties.
  • Options
    I am making use of libary time by doing homework x
  • Options
    I seem to perform best when I have a ton of projects going on at the same time.

I've been making great progress with my hens stitching project while also trying to finish that damned blanket (51 of 70 pieces finished!). Today I started crocheting baby converse shoes. Now I'm no real fan of converse shoes but the baby shoes pictures just melted my heart. :heart: Today I'm well on my way finishing the first sole. :thumb:

I've been so lazy after I had to quit work but now (I hope) I'm finally waking up again and getting things done.
  • Options
    Not the best pic but here's the shoe I'm making :D

I'm now doing the #(/%#(/$ blanket. I have been going around telling people I'll finish the last of the 70 pieces this week so I better stick to that. Boooooring.

Still, going to do more of the shoe inbetween. :angel:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have just cast on Helena for Niamhy.

I finished damson too. I need to block it though.

I have many things to take photos of. I need time. And inclination :|
  • Options
    Those of you who knit/crochet, do you ever get really really sore hands?

I've been crocheting lots lately and my fingers are ouchy. However I made good use of a visit tonight and now only need 12 more pieces for the blanket.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Those of you who knit/crochet, do you ever get really really sore hands?

I've been crocheting lots lately and my fingers are ouchy. However I made good use of a visit tonight and now only need 12 more pieces for the blanket.

I've read lots about getting sore hands but I don't really get this much myself. I think some fibres can dry the skin so you might need more hand cream. Also when I work with massive needles for a really chunky project I can get aching hands from carrying the weight.