Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whatcha Making?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm NOT doing the blanket anymore, whoop! I just need the lace and it's all done. :)

So next up I'm probably making a teddy bear thing for baby and a pair of reindeer socks for myself. Yay, new projects!
  • Options
    hmmn, maybe I should pick up my hook? It's kinda cold and I could give awaya scarf or two for xmas... tempted.
  • Options
    I started these yesterday, knitting two socks at once with two circular needles, it's taking me a bit to get my head around the concept but it's actually quite brilliant.
  • Options
    Wheee, I finished the baby blanket. :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jaloux wrote: »

That's absolutely gorgeous :heart:
  • Options

Super pretty! Hope we get an action shot when the little one makes an appearance :heart:
  • Options
    I started these yesterday, knitting two socks at once with two circular needles, it's taking me a bit to get my head around the concept but it's actually quite brilliant.

Those are so cool. How are they going? Can't wait to see the finished item! I may have to do them as well.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    hmmn, maybe I should pick up my hook? It's kinda cold and I could give awaya scarf or two for xmas... tempted.

You should. I hear hooking is very rewarding.
  • Options
    Oh yes, it really is.
  • Options
    Nothing right this secong but sttarted making a blanket for Amelia my baby cousin. Think pink, tint of red around and couple of pink sequenses. Ahh lovely, hopefully I wont get to bored whe making it :)
  • Options
    Very nice and thoughtful. Are you knitting, crocheting, quilting or something else?
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm so relieved that the blanket is finished. It'll be great when I actually get to use it. :)
    my name wrote: »
    Those are so cool. How are they going? Can't wait to see the finished item! I may have to do them as well.

It's probably going to take me a while to finish the socks since I started another baby project and am preparing the home for the kid. I grab them now and then though when I need to chill or do a different project. I definitely like the circular needle concept instead of using 5 double pointed ones.

I sometimes feel I'm going a lot more slowly with the 2 socks at a time method but then I think, when I finish, I'll have TWO socks instead of just one. I don't enjoy knitting something, only to be yet to do the exact same thing again.

I'll try to post a pic of the little I've done sometime soon. I'm anticipating to finish the preparations soon so I can enjoy knitting until baby arrives, teehee.
  • Options
    Legwarmies! That's baby legwarmers, don't you know. Finished some pink and green ones earlier in the week and immediately cast on some self-striping ones too. Ooh, that baby will be warm-legged :)

5373290527_97b8d71543.jpg

5376121836_e5a617c046.jpg
  • Options
    Groovy stuff! I love the colours on both.

I've now remembered how much I don't enjoy knitting back and forth. Purl rounds slow me down enormously!
  • Options
    Been doing lots on the guitar this past while.

Clicky
    :eek2: I thought people like you only lived in books. *pokes nervously*
  • Options
    I made a baby carrier :D
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Wow, that's amazing!
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »

Love it!
  • Options
    I've just adapted an adult sized teddy bear hat pattern to fit a baby and it was so quick! Knitting for small people on large needles is the way forward, I'm never making adult presents again :p
  • Options
    I've finished a teddy bear one-in-all and am close to finishing my first pair of socks. Baby sized clothing is so quick to make, I love it!

I've also started a sweater in a 2 year old size. Baby is not even 2 months old so I guess that shows my confidence in my speed of knitting. :lol:

I ought to get pics soon. :)
  • Options
    Lovely, guys!
  • Options
    Finally finished attatching the skeleton bride's veil.

Pictures of the bride and groom before I send the off to LA! I miss them already...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Finally finished attatching the skeleton bride's veil.

Pictures of the bride and groom before I send the off to LA! I miss them already...

They're fab. I do love the creepy cute book.

I have finished a meerkat and I have started a
    cinderella topsy turvy doll (this one isn't mine - mine isn't at this stage yet!) It's for Niamhy.
  • Options
    The meerkat is amazing! :hyper:

I'm making a small ripple blanket for a friend of mine who is pregnant. I'll upload a photo when it's complete. She doesn't know the sex, so I've used brown, biscuit and cream colours, with a single stripe of a green/blue colour rippling throughout
  • Options
    A few bit's of jewellery I've made recently :)
  • Options
    What a talented bunch of people you guys are!
  • Options
    197256_724630504530_202900450_38893074_1037171_n.jpg

Just finished this, only took 5 days. Holidays are productive knitting-wise.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    197256_724630504530_202900450_38893074_1037171_n.jpg

Just finished this, only took 5 days. Holidays are productive knitting-wise.

WTF? 5 days? I knit a jumper, a sleeveless one, and it took me 18 months! To be fair I did get bored and knit other things inbetween so really it was about 6 months. Great jumper you've done there.
  • Options
    Here's my scribble lace stole:
  • Options
    And here's my Cora scarf: