Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    So many people seem to think that if you ask them to explain why they have a certain opinion, you must belong to the opposite "camp". :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When people blame you and go on and on at you for something that's their fault and not yours.

AND THEY DON'T EVEN APOLOGISE WHEN THEY KNOW ITS THEIR MISTAKE.
  • Options
    When foreign people think that they can target vulnerable people 😡
  • Options
    When people make generalisations based on race / nationality / culture
  • Options
    When people make generalisations based on race / nationality / culture

:yes:

today a lecturer told me that I "don't look disabled". Whilst I don't identify myself as disabled (I am able with a few adjustments) I was pretty shocked at someone who is meant to be a professional making such a judgmental, sweeping statement.
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    :yes:

today a lecturer told me that I "don't look disabled". Whilst I don't identify myself as disabled (I am able with a few adjustments) I was pretty shocked at someone who is meant to be a professional making such a judgmental, sweeping statement.

ergh :(
  • Options
    ergh :(

what does disabled look like anyway?
  • Options
    The led next to the switch is off?
  • Options

Many people think you can only be disabled if you're a wheelchair user. And that includes other disabled people who don't use a wheelchair.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Many people think you can only be disabled if you're a wheelchair user. And that includes other disabled people who don't use a wheelchair.

I have a massive issue with the word "disabled" in general.
  • Options
    I hate people who think I'm putting it on when I get out of my wheelchair because it hurts less to walk very slowly up hill pushing the wheelchair than pushing myself in it all the time!!
  • Options
    Not heard anything about flat yet ahhhh why do people like making desperate people wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Wish I could drift off like any normal fucking person .
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Cousin is pissing me off hate being around the family. Mouse in my nanas kitchen. Yay.
  • Options
    Waaa we're getting really aggressive and scary letters from the TV licensing people
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Waaa we're getting really aggressive and scary letters from the TV licensing people

I hate that they do this. Received loads when I used to live in halls.
  • Options
    I hate that they do this. Received loads when I used to live in halls.

They sent one today saying that we were 'under formal investigation' which is a bit menacing and threatened to come and visit which I'm not happy about.
  • Options
    I'm so fucking tired so why the heck can't I sleep like a fucking normal person? I managed to drift off just gone ten to eleven yet I'm now wide awake, feeling frustrated, nothing to do and urgh :banghead:
  • Options
    They sent one today saying that we were 'under formal investigation' which is a bit menacing and threatened to come and visit which I'm not happy about.

If you can, write a formal complaint to them.
  • Options

I had a similar problem so I fully understand the stress. Speak to your uni, they can and should provide proof that you are a student and where you live is student residence, therefore has a frequent turn over of people living there.

More often than not, they are empty threats, but it's not worth taking the risk. Hope you get it sorted x
  • Options
    We got several of them when I was a student. Don't pay any attention to them. As far as I know you can decline to let them in even if they come knocking -which they almost definitely will not. They're just trying to scare you, there's no reason to let it work. :)
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I have no hot water.
    This makes me exceptionally GRUMPY.
  • Options
    Trains
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    So pissed of the TA at work, she keeps calling me by my first name in front of the kids when she shouldn't be and now half the kids know my name and being cheeky by calling me by my first and last name. FFS ugh she pisses me off every single day. If she doesn't know my name just ask!!! Don't call me by my first name in front of the kids.
  • Options
    You need to stop being so immature and get it into your head that you have a child to think about too! I'm sickened and I genuinely can't believe you would be so immature and for what? To prove a point? To prove to yourself that you can be in control as much as you fucking want to be? Prick. Fucking stupid prick.

I am SO fucking angry right now and all I want to do is just yell at this stupid boy but I fucking can't and that gets me even more mad! gyzsjdkl;cjzmhksla;xcvfxslw;.\a/zs
  • Options
    Oh fuking fabulous, now I've managed to break a key on my laptop -_- URGHHHHHHHH
  • Options
    several thousand emails full of shit just arrived in my inbox. booooo
  • Options
    Just to much emotional stress going on around here an everyone needs a break, a week of good nights rests and no more chopping and changing decisions. I feel like I'm the only one that thinks before engaging mouth!!!
  • Options
    Get up to level 341 on farm heroes then it resets and makes you start all over again 😡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    People who just want to talk all the time. And it's never anything that meaningful either. If I want to talk to someone, I usually have something to say. He doesn't.