Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Annoying phrases

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What are push pops?
    Xx

These
  • Options
    HAHAHA great link :p And oh yeah, they still exist. Under a different name I think.
    Xx
  • Options
    That google thing is like magic!
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    That google thing is like magic!

Google is your friend.
  • Options
    This is an annoying phrase I get in a letter (usually posted to me) after a job interview...

Thank you for attending the interview for [insert job role], dated [insert date here]. I regret to inform you...

You don't need to read the rest.
  • Options
    Push pops still exist under the same name, I see them in ASDA...
  • Options
    There is a poll of some of these on the home page :p
    Xx
  • Options
    my new work mate who is gay and italian keeps saying " Em hello Look at ma face!' fucking hate that line
  • Options
    my new work mate who is gay and italian keeps saying " Em hello Look at ma face!' fucking hate that line

tell him to "shut uppa his face"
  • Options
    There is a poll of some of these on the home page :p
    Xx

Good spot, you guys inspired it :)
  • Options
    My thread, octi time? huh?
  • Options
    I really hate it when people who go travelling talk about "doing" a country e.g. "I've done Brazil, next I'm going to do Peru".
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I really hate it when people who go travelling talk about "doing" a country e.g. "I've done Brazil, next I'm going to do Peru".

Tell them to use a condom :lol:
    Xx
  • Options
    lol

Talking of lol - the hallmate of mine who will actually say "lol". I will only use it online.
  • Options

I'm guilty of that, usually in the context of fairs/parks... e.g. "I've done Alton and Drayton, but still gotta do Thorpe."
  • Options
    I need to do a theme park this year, but not when it's busy.
  • Options

This annoys me. You can never "do" a country... there will be always be places that you haven't visited, sights you haven't seen etc etc.

I do quite a lot of these annoying things in this thread though :chin:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm annoyed when people use singular to refer to people/things in one category. I think they don't do that in English, but I'm mentioning it anyway.

As in "The greek person doesn't like that" or "The man's voice is deeper" or "The cat has claws" etc.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    what about people who call movies films?

I hate when people say movies!!

Another annoying habit that I have is saying 'though'. I do it on here all the time, I dont know if anyone else has noticed but its sooo annoying and I cant help it!
  • Options
    This is more of a spelling rant - when people write Rachael as 'Rachel'. My rant applies the other way round too, but it's normally this way round (7->6) because 99% of the human race assumes that Rachels are spelt with 6 letters. I blame the Americans :-P
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    This is more of a spelling rant - when people write Rachael as 'Rachel'. My rant applies the other way round too, but it's normally this way round (7->6) because 99% of the human race assumes that Rachels are spelt with 6 letters. I blame the Americans :-P

:thumb: i get racheal too. ha
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Movie is the American term.

There are many American terms that are annoying. I am willing to let them use our language, but when they correct me, incorrectly - that does get on my tits.
  • Options
    meh, film, movie. Who cares. Same thing.
  • Options
    There are many American terms that are annoying. I am willing to let them use our language, but when they correct me, incorrectly - that does get on my tits .

Annoying! :razz:
  • Options
    One of my housemates is sooo pendantic and so particular about everything, so anything you say he'll chime in with 'Ummmm, actually.......'
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    One of my housemates is sooo pendantic and so particular about everything, so anything you say he'll chime in with 'Ummmm, actually.......'
    I think you mean Pedantic...
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    I think you mean Pedantic...

I know what I meant!! :yeees:
  • Options
    lol. I'm guilty of doing that sometimes, but what is better, keeping the truth from someone so they aren't annoyed, or ridding the world of ignorance?

One thing I find annoying is when someone vegetarian/vegan calls a substitute to something their meat/dairy counterpart. Like vegan bacon etc. It's not!
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    One thing I find annoying is when someone vegetarian/vegan calls a substitute to something their meat/dairy counterpart. Like vegan bacon etc. It's not!

:yeees: What is it then? It's a VEGAN version of an animal product. Normally, it's called meat free bacon. Which it is.
    Xx
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    lol. I'm guilty of doing that sometimes, but what is better, keeping the truth from someone so they aren't annoyed, or ridding the world of ignorance?

Yea but I cant even have an opnion in my house without being told its wrong.

E.g. we were walking home one day and I said 'Aww look at the cute squirrel' and next thing i know its 'umm actually, grey squirells are evil bastards who killed all the red ones bla bla bla'. Jesus all I said is that it was cute!!! To make it worse it was 6 in the morning and none of us had slept all night so i was ready to kill him with my bare hands