Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    I have half day off, it's really fucking hot and I'm filling a pool to cool off in. Life's not *that* bad really

filling a pool! we're on a flipping hosepipe ban down here. hehe :)
  • Options
    One whole week off work and off to Great Yarmouth for 5 days with the girls! :D

Edit: And i got a big pay cheque today :D
  • Options
    I passed my uni exams. Even law, which I could quite happily never do again. :d
  • Options
    today i went chester races and saw a few celebs and won a race! woooo! i never win anything!
  • Options
    I am so very happy because I did not miss out any of the 5 prayers I teand to miss the morning one, so only end up doing two. And I'm finally caught up with all my cource work. And when I asked for extra homework I actually got some today. And it was sports day and I was in 4 events when we are only aloud in 2.

I'm happy and that's my great news!
  • Options
    today i went chester races and saw a few celebs and won a race! woooo! i never win anything!

Wow you must be a fast runner :yes:
  • Options
    I had a fun night at a friend's house and managed most of the hour-long bus journey home on my own without an anxiety attack. Not a major achievement, but it's been a long time since that's happened.
  • Options
    I got stopped on the street the other day and chatted up. He's taking me out tomorrow night :d
  • Options
    This is going to be an awesome weekend. :hyper:

In three hours I am going to be picked up by a friend. We drive to a birthday party of a mate in lower Austria who celebrates in a town with a big sea. Swimming and barbecue and in the evening there is a sea-festival with bumper cars and shit like that.

Tomorrow is my housewarming party :cool: Originally it would have been today, but I postponed it for one day, so I can be on this party today and of course several friends who attend too can be on my party.

I got a DVB-T USB stick so I can watch the telly on my computer and my father borrowed a beamer from one of his friends, which means we will watch the world cup finals on my party in huge and awesome :cool:

I've got about 25 guests (I only invited 33, so my flat won't explode) and the 10 who couldn't make it REALLY can't make it (as in a different country at the moment), so nobody declined out of disinterest.

Now I need to start packing, because I fly to finnland on tuesday and I have so little time for it at another date. Ah, this is swell.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I got stopped on the street the other day and chatted up. He's taking me out tomorrow night :d

Awwwww :)
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    i passed my first year at uni :yippe:

yay, go omg hi.

I am feeling like my long term prospects are achieveable, and that I'm getting there. Not via the same route I envisioned when I was a child/teenager, and at a much slower pace but, woohoo - things are falling in to place. In micro perspective things might be a bit shitty but the macro picture looks much better.
  • Options
    1st place prize winner for long distance and a new record for the school woooo !!! :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    i passed my first year at uni :yippe:

congrats! :thumb:

my happy news is..... im gonna compile some of my favourite photos from facebook of friends and family and lots of cats of course and get em printed!
  • Options
    my good news is that im having a reeally good time in my job (runner/driver for a film called 'decoy bride')

The weather isnt always great which sucks cuz im mainly outside buut the fact that i get to drive round david tennant most days to and from work, and michael urie (camp gay assistant in ugly betty!) makes up for it :)
    i just want to lock david up in my room and keep him he's so lovely!

bit sad that tomorow is the last day of filming, BUT ive got a few more job prospects for a few big up and coming films so cross fingers that i get one of them!!!
    until then im looking forward to a lie in on monday after 2 weeks of having to get up at 5am every morning!!
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    The weather isnt always great which sucks cuz im mainly outside buut the fact that i get to drive round david tennant most days to and from work, and michael urie (camp gay assistant in ugly betty!) makes up for it :)

:crazyeyes :hyper:

that is so cool!

my cousin richard started out as a runner on films, he worked on harry potter than during the next few films kept getting promoted. eventually to visual effects.

go you!! that is so amazing
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Wow you must be a fast runner :yes:

haha, i meant to say i'd won a bet on a horse who won a race!
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm swapping bedrooms! Not sure why that is so exciting, but I'm looking forward to not being on the ground floor anymore.
  • Options
    i am off for two days :D
  • Options
    I'm feeling well, mentally :) first time in 2 months *yea*
  • Options
    The housewarming was a big success. Pics follow.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    my good news is that im having a reeally good time in my job (runner/driver for a film called 'decoy bride')

bit sad that tomorow is the last day of filming, BUT ive got a few more job prospects for a few big up and coming films so cross fingers that i get one of them!!!
    until then im looking forward to a lie in on monday after 2 weeks of having to get up at 5am every morning!!

Your job sounds awesome!

I have a job interview on Thursday!:hyper:
  • Options
    The guy that did my interview today said 'you seem like a confident girl' to me. That is absolutely untrue so my confidence faking must have improved :d
  • Options
    Best. weekend. ever.
  • Options
    In two hours I will leave this flat, only to come back two weeks later.

Going to the airport and flying to Finnland :D :yippe:

First few days we'll be in Helsinki. We are going to a water-slide-park, with amazing kamikaze slides, or broad slides you go down on an air filled tube :D etc.

A few days later we will trip up to a festival, with camping and all that jazz. and the second week we've rented a cabin (even farther up north, about 8 train hours from Helsinki). The sun won't set anymore except for like an hour or two (won't get dark however) and our cabin has neither electricity nor running water :D There is just a river going nearby to wash yourself or laundry or dishes.

Ohhh yeaa.
  • Options
    oooooh that is one of the thing i would love to do, go to northern Finland in the summer.
    Have a wicked time Strubbles :)
  • Options
    my boyfriend is coming tomorrow :)

aand im graduating on thursday :hyper:
  • Options
    I just got a job after a five minute phone call!
  • Options
    i graduated today :) it was so windy! damn those mortor boards...

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2685/p7150045.jpg
  • Options
    Just got back from a fabulous camping trip to the western part of Iceland. It was super awesome. Steep hills and narrow roads, lots of great view and small towns that can't even support a small café. I went into one yesterday and the owner said she only served black coffee during the day once breakfast was finished. :lol:

Although now my bones are cracking like an old timberhouse in a storm. Apparantly my joints are getting too loose. :chin:

Decided to throw in some pics from the trip just for fun.