Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, well, you aren't a 13 year old girl :p The books and movies weren't aimed at you... it's like, I'm not going to watch some Shakespeare (except for drama studies...)
    Xx
    :eek:

Watching Shakespeare is the best way to experience it.

I am shocked at you, BA. SHOCKED AND APALLED. :(
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

Strongly agree.
  • Options
    :eek:

I am shocked at you, BA. SHOCKED AND APALLED. :(

I have read a number of Shakespeare plays :p And I was asked to be Juliet in a play, but I can't now because I have to go to my dads in the week the performances are :grump:

I just couldn't think of any other old things :p
    Xx
  • Options
    I have read a number of Shakespeare plays :p And I was asked to be Juliet in a play, but I can't now because I have to go to my dads in the week the performances are :grump:

I just couldn't think of any other old things :p
    Xx
    I thought that might be the case ;). But really, you should absolutely watch some Shakespeare. Some of the films that are modern adaptations (Romeo&Juliet, Hamlet with Ethan Hawke and that girl that was in 10 Things I Hate About You whose name I can't remember but begins with a J) are really good.

If you'd said something like Ulysses or Moby Dick, I'd have agreed with you, because those bored even me to tears ;).
  • Options
    egh not the Romeo and Juliet with DiCaprio though. that sucked
  • Options
    I liked it :o.
  • Options
    I liked it :o.

haha, maybe its because I'm not keen on Shakespeare. However, Keats, Wilde and Dickens (but not hard times :p) :yes:
  • Options
    haha, maybe its because I'm not keen on Shakespeare. However, Keats, Wilde and Dickens (but not hard times :p) :yes:
    YOU SUCK HARD TIMES IS AMAZING :heart:.
  • Options

LOL you could combine the twilight and R&J films- I'll bet if you combined those two insults to literature you'd get something quite amusing.

If the Volturri were in Verona at the time, Romeo would have shut the fuck up a lot sooner, and Juliet would probably have Jedi mind powers :P
  • Options
    I have the most amazing friends and I don't know how I would get through my days without them.

I love you guys. :heart:.
  • Options
    :hyper: I got an email this morning telling me that a company I've wanted to work for for ages is so impressed with my CV that despite the fact that there are no vacancies and they've never hired anyone with less than 10 years experience before, they're creating a job for me and they want me to come in for interview!

Argh!! :hyper:

:d

Smug As You Like :cool:

Well done :D wheres it for? :)
  • Options
    Nobody knows where I am right now. It's really kind of relaxing. Wish I had some nicotine though.
  • Options
    after today's shift, i have got 3 days off :D
  • Options
    after today's shift, i have got 3 days off :D

:eek: UNFAIR!!! I'm telling my mum! :impissed:
  • Options

I thought it was quite good - however my favorite shakespear adaptation is Much Ado by Kenneth Branagh and a whole host of guest stars including Keanu Reaves

Yesterday my baby took 2 independent steps before falling over and said Moo when pointing at a picture of a cow!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I thought it was quite good - however my favorite shakespear adaptation is Much Ado by Kenneth Branagh and a whole host of guest stars including Keanu Reaves

Macbeth on the Estate is a good ease in to Shakespeare.
  • Options
    super147 wrote: »
    :eek: UNFAIR!!! I'm telling my mum! :impissed:

ha, to be fair, i'm working 2pm-midnight on saturday and sunday.

i was meant to be working friday as well but ive booked it off.
  • Options
    just booked a place for me and my boyfriend at an english heritage concert to see will young, complete with gourmet picnic. so we can pretend to be posh. meant to keep it as a surprise but im parp at that. i just sent him a clue 'cmon baby light my fire' but i think he's just scared now and hasnt linked it to will young.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Yesterday my baby took 2 independent steps before falling over and said Moo when pointing at a picture of a cow!

Aw, yeah, it's great when they turn into mini humans.
  • Options
    The makeup I am having to sell (:crying: ) is going to come to over £500 if I sell all of it :D. Plus I'm going on a clothing clearout tomorrow as well :hyper:.
  • Options
    Day off tomoro!!!! I can slep in and laze about in my pjs all day!!
  • Options
    i just sent him a clue 'cmon baby light my fire' but i think he's just scared now and hasnt linked it to will young.

Haha - do you think he's worrying he might be dating a closet pyromaniac?!

Today I made cherry jam from the loot on my tree in the garden :hyper: Sooooo awesome to be cooking straight from my backyard :d
  • Options
    Haha - do you think he's worrying he might be dating a closet pyromaniac?!

Today I made cherry jam from the loot on my tree in the garden :hyper: Sooooo awesome to be cooking straight from my backyard :d

that was my first thought :naughty: but i cant keep a surprise secret for very long and spilled the beans. think he's more impressed about the gourmet picnic than will young. tehe.

give me jam!
  • Options
    The makeup I am having to sell (:crying: ) is going to come to over £500 if I sell all of it :D. Plus I'm going on a clothing clearout tomorrow as well :hyper:.

I don't get it, either people are paying for your used makeup or you have £500 of the stuff lying around unopened? Neither makes sense to me.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I don't get it, either people are paying for your used makeup or you have £500 of the stuff lying around unopened? Neither makes sense to me.
    People pay for used makeup.

It's not as gross as it sounds, honestly. All of it is used with clean brushes (always) and is sanitary.

There is a whole lot more where that came from that I'm not selling though. I was seriously ruthless today but I've still got about 3/4 of it left. It's an addiction :(.
  • Options
    Worth more if they're discountined and used, shockingly.
  • Options
    For the first time in 2 weeks im sitting on the sofa with my laptop doing swet fa and plan to for the rest of the day!!
  • Options
    my hair looks quite nice :)
  • Options
    I just got headhunted :|. By an actual job :|. Now I'm kind of scared to ring them back :o.
  • Options
    Brilliant! Keep me posted!