Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i graduated today :) it was so windy! damn those mortor boards...

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2685/p7150045.jpg

Congratulations! Well done you! :)
  • Options
    i graduated today :) it was so windy! damn those mortor boards...

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2685/p7150045.jpg

Well done!

I had my job interview yesterday. I didn't get the job. However, it made me realise that retail and the like aren't for me.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Just got back from a fabulous camping trip to the western part of Iceland. It was super awesome. Steep hills and narrow roads, lots of great view and small towns that can't even support a small café. I went into one yesterday and the owner said she only served black coffee during the day once breakfast was finished. :lol:

Although now my bones are cracking like an old timberhouse in a storm. Apparantly my joints are getting too loose. :chin:

Decided to throw in some pics from the trip just for fun.

those pictures are awesome :)
  • Options
    Congratulations! Well done you! :)

thanks you two :)
  • Options
    just popping in from the ilosaarirock festival in finnland :p It doesnt get dark here. Sun never sets. Its crazy. Cant sleep -____- See you soon.
  • Options
    Had an awesome holiday in Great Yarmouth with the girls, weather wasnt great but we drunk, laughed alot and i had some fun with a gorgeous guy!! :D
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Had an awesome holiday in Great Yarmouth with the girls, weather wasnt great but we drunk, laughed alot and i had some fun with a gorgeous guy!! :D

Awesome what more could you want from a holiday :thumb:
  • Options
    Walking home along the canal towpath, I saw a mother duck, and three yellowy whitey ducklings. As I went past them, the mother duck quacked at me, and all the ducklings flocked around her.

I don't know why this pleased me so much, but I cannot explain how happy it made me feel.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    grace wrote: »
    Walking home along the canal towpath, I saw a mother duck, and three yellowy whitey ducklings. As I went past them, the mother duck quacked at me, and all the ducklings flocked around her.

I don't know why this pleased me so much, but I cannot explain how happy it made me feel.
    I think I'd have been pleased too. I was a bit just reading it, hehe.
  • Options

Aww thats beautiful, that would make me happy too :heart:
  • Options
    I'm back from a party. I've been so boring lately so it was nice to go out and meet people ;)

Now I'm back home and yawning like crazy. It's hard being me, I'm trying really hard to stay awake a little longer since the bloke's kid is at his mum's place. ;)
  • Options
    i just bought tickets for LEEDS FEST :hyper:

exciiited!!! ive never been to any uk festivals - just aussie ones - so im uber looking forward to this!!
    only negative was that i had to buy my ticket plus 2 for my mates. they dont have ready cash so i had to get theirs..seriously hoping they pay up quickly as my bank account situation is looking preeetty dire all of a sudden!!
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    i just bought tickets for LEEDS FEST :hyper:

exciiited!!! ive never been to any uk festivals - just aussie ones - so im uber looking forward to this!!
    only negative was that i had to buy my ticket plus 2 for my mates. they dont have ready cash so i had to get theirs..seriously hoping they pay up quickly as my bank account situation is looking preeetty dire all of a sudden!!

Jealous!!! i've seen the amazing line up this year *sigh*
  • Options
    First ultrasound in an hour. Nervous but excited. :)
  • Options
    Just feeling really happy :d , dont know why, maybe mum has slipped something in my tea.
    Just wana say i love :heart: you all your an awesome bunch xxxx
  • Options
    I'm getting all kinds of excited as plans for a quick trip around Europe are coming together nicely :hyper:

Just need to book the time off work....:yes:
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Just feeling really happy :d , dont know why, maybe mum has slipped something in my tea.

:heart:
  • Options
    First ultrasound in an hour. Nervous but excited. :)

How did it go?
  • Options
    Just got the first night out with my ex co-workers planned since our mate died, this might not sound great, but i was really worried that because of it we'd all break apart and stop spending time as a group
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »

:heart:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    How did it go?

Really well. It was an amazing feeling to see a tiny human-ish shaped thing inside me. It was totally unlike everything else I've experienced before. :heart:

(It was a little creepy as well, but totally cool.)
  • Options
    I've spent the evening having a wonderful conversation with a wonderful person and it has made me smile rather a lot :D. :heart:.
  • Options

When I went to the beach [a few weeks ago now], walking back there was a mother duck with 3 babies sitting under a bush in someones garden, was really cute!
  • Options
    haha, bizarre times. Who would have thought I get into contact again with a girl who denied me her telephone number 3 years ago when I was out on a friday night, cuz she had a boyfriend. Now I am sharing a tent with her in rovaniemi, finnland north of the polar circle. At 1am the sun "sets" (never sets) and rises again. You spend a lot of time awake :p

I am afraid this will just remain a holiday romance however. :/ Oh well, it's beautiful for as long as it lasts.

will be back on 28th. big update coming then.

xx
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    haha, bizarre times. Who would have thought I get into contact again with a girl who denied me her telephone number 3 years ago when I was out on a friday night, cuz she had a boyfriend. Now I am sharing a tent with her in rovaniemi, finnland north of the polar circle. At 1am the sun "sets" (never sets) and rises again. You spend a lot of time awake :p

I am afraid this will just remain a holiday romance however. :/ Oh well, it's beautiful for as long as it lasts.

xx

That sounds so cool, hope you have a great time x
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

xx
    Nice one! Can you see the northern lights from there?
  • Options
    I slept quite well, woohoo.
  • Options
    I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW!

:hyper:

It's with an actual company, as well, rather than an agency.

:D
  • Options
    I managed to eat my breakfast before midday and with TWO HANDS :hyper:
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW!

:hyper:

It's with an actual company, as well, rather than an agency.

:D

Ooh, cross fingers! *hug*