Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kaff wrote: »
    I just read the other thread. Bad times :(
    Yeah.

Feel like crap right now.

The only callbacks I've had are from people who have just wasted my time. It seems I am unemployable, despite the fact that both the tests or whatever I've had at agencies have been 'oh wow, you did really well'. Obviously there is something wrong with me.
  • Options
    Toy Story 3 :heart::heart::heart: Love those aliens.
  • Options
    Saw a car called Ford Scrote on the motorway today. Wtf is that about?
  • Options
    i turn 18 on tuesday :D! excited much :hyper:
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Saw a car called Ford Scrote on the motorway today. Wtf is that about?
    It's got balls, got to give it that.
  • Options
    From the ranty thread...
    Rant surrounding jobs / no money etc etc.

1) I found a job (most of the temp stuff is far gone so I got all excited) but it says "Do you have recent retail or customer services experience (gained within the last 12 months)?" And I left my last job in April 09. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Well I applied to it anyway, and put my dates down despite them being further back than 12 months... and well... I have an interview next Tuesday :d
  • Options
    From the ranty thread...

Well I applied to it anyway, and put my dates down despite them being further back than 12 months... and well... I have an interview next Tuesday :d

Good luck! Fingers crossed and all that :)
  • Options
    had an amazing party last night thanks to GothDetectives :D (but i don't think she has internets :( boo)
    dressed up as 'cat nurse' from Dr who, and Katie made a Tardis!!

i'll post a pic up :D
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    had an amazing party last night thanks to GothDetectives :D (but i don't think she has internets :( boo)
    dressed up as 'cat nurse' from Dr who, and Katie made a Tardis!!

i'll post a pic up :D

Oh so jelous! She seems so awesome.

And good news for me is that I"m tipsy... though alone... well actually the boyfriend is here talking about crap I don't care about so thats for the ranty thread. But he is always here. Minus the expenses, living alone would be great!
  • Options
    Im away go-karting this evening, should be a laugh even though im terrible
  • Options
    i turn 18 on tuesday :D! excited much :hyper:

HaPpY bIrThDaY fOr TuEsDaY!!!
  • Options
    From the ranty thread...

great stuff! good luck :)

im happy because it's been a fairly productive day and my boyfriend is being quite soppy and it's cheered me up a bit
  • Options
    I have just beaten the school record in the 400m run I'm the fastest in the school now all I need to do it beat usane bolt.
  • Options
    I joined OKcupid just to make some friends around here now that I have nothing to do on the weekends, and I've got four or five people that I'm messaging back and forth with already :).

Plus some of the pervy weirdo ones are funny as hell :D.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I joined OKcupid just to make some friends around here now that I have nothing to do on the weekends, and I've got four or five people that I'm messaging back and forth with already :).

Plus some of the pervy weirdo ones are funny as hell :D.

Ohh i'm on okC as well, but it isn't as good now theyve taken away the forums, they used to crack me up, but there was a load of abuse as well.
  • Options
    I just bought this poster:

15751454x.jpg

:d
  • Options
    From the ranty thread...

good luck :D you'll smash it!
  • Options
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    HaPpY bIrThDaY fOr TuEsDaY!!!

thank you :D
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    That sounds so cool, hope you have a great time x

holy fucking damn. best fucking holiday ever. At first the girl was just like "don't let yourself get hurt by me." when we first kissed.

The last week we've been to a cabin in the woods. had to chuck our own wood to heat the stove to cook, or heat the sauna. Was nude swimming with her every morning, even at 14 degrees :p We spent so much time together, cooked together, gathered firewood together. shared a bed together. hiked a lot. well, in the end she said, "I found so many attributes and qualities in you this week, I would never put this all on the line." (regarding the 'dont get hurt by me comment', as if this all was just a little fling.)

She said, she'd never met someone she clicked with that much and that fast ever, and I didn't have "to do" anything. I was just being me. She just sees all the good stuff in me herself. Fuck its an awesome feeling. She said she wants to spend more time with me in the future because we agreed that we will be both very important in each others lives.

Sounds a bit too good, right? Well she still has a boyfriend for years now (open rlship), and she wants to be alone on her own again, because shes been in relationships for years without break now. I dont really know how to feel, but I hope I can cope.

This whole trip changed my life, I'm serious.

huge fucking update coming up once I am home again. Will have to trip down to Helsinki today which will take 10 hours train ride.

Talk soon, lovelies.
  • Options
    Strubbies is in lurrrrrvvve :D

Seriously though, well played. Had a little smile on my face when I read that. Maybe one day soon, I might be allowed to go on a holiday.
  • Options
    Had a little smile on my face when I read that.

Me too! Such an awesome story.

Nice work Strubbmeister :thumb:
  • Options
    Aww nice one strubbs!

Im going to see toy story 3 tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Aww nice one strubbs!

Im going to see toy story 3 tomorrow :)

:thumb: I loved it. Seen it twice. :d
  • Options
    You flithmonger, Strubbles! Top man.
  • Options
    Interviews, Sonisphere, dissy coming along - life is good.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Sonisphere

Oooooo, have fun!
  • Options
    Back from a long walk with the woof who's now exhausted. :thumb:

It was actually kinda disastrous, through some stupidity I decided to take a shortcut through a rain-wet field of Nootka Lupins and soaked my shoes and jeans through. Then my pregnancy related hip pain stopped by so walking home for 30 minutes soaked through, in pain, sweaty and dying of thirst was... interesting. ;) When I'm almost home a guy asks me if his kid can pet the dog and I'm thinking "nooo, I need to go take those pants off!!" but decided to let him, fortunately it only took 30 seconds.

Ahhh. Now I need a shower and uhm... oh yeah I haven't done my laundry for three weeks or something silly. No idea what to wear when I go pick up the dog's pedigree. Woops :d
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    holy fucking damn. best fucking holiday ever. At first the girl was just like "don't let yourself get hurt by me." when we first kissed.

The last week we've been to a cabin in the woods. had to chuck our own wood to heat the stove to cook, or heat the sauna. Was nude swimming with her every morning, even at 14 degrees :p We spent so much time together, cooked together, gathered firewood together. shared a bed together. hiked a lot. well, in the end she said, "I found so many attributes and qualities in you this week, I would never put this all on the line." (regarding the 'dont get hurt by me comment', as if this all was just a little fling.)

She said, she'd never met someone she clicked with that much and that fast ever, and I didn't have "to do" anything. I was just being me. She just sees all the good stuff in me herself. Fuck its an awesome feeling. She said she wants to spend more time with me in the future because we agreed that we will be both very important in each others lives.

Sounds a bit too good, right? Well she still has a boyfriend for years now (open rlship), and she wants to be alone on her own again, because shes been in relationships for years without break now. I dont really know how to feel, but I hope I can cope.

This whole trip changed my life, I'm serious.

huge fucking update coming up once I am home again. Will have to trip down to Helsinki today which will take 10 hours train ride.

Talk soon, lovelies.

that sounds amazing. im really chuffed for you matt.

my good news is that i met up with an old friend who has the cutest little girl. i bought her a little present that's a bath toy as a bribe to like me. it seemed to work.
  • Options
    I bought a Hookah, just waiting for it to arrive :D.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    katralla wrote: »
    Sonisphere
    Seems there will be a fair few thesite regulars there. Are you going up Thursday or Friday?