Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Finally feel like I'm being listened to again
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Feeling a bit better after relaxing 💓
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    edited October 2019
    **wrong forum oppps **
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Discharged 💃💃 😁
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Formed some really good friends from Beat.  Strong friendships are the key to everything
  • Options
    Feeling quite positive about trying to get over this relapse 💗
  • Options
    So much planned for the summer already and we haven't even got out of winter 😂
  • Options
    I’m already having a good day and it’s only just started 😊 going to play some sims and then do some work! 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,532 Skive's The Limit
    Saw peer tutor. Was really helpful. Didnt think we'd be speaking for an hour though ah. Talked about how to apply and went throught that and then half talked about interviews. But aw shes so nice and didnt want to overwhelme me with info. Asked me if still working at primark & how is it and i was like yeah but really boring. And she said you have so much to offer and was being so nice and saying it would be so great if i could get a job in it. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Finally got a lunch break!!!
  • Options
    Had quite a good day overall 
  • Options
    Had nearly 12 hours sleep yay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Training teddy again. Starting tomorrow. Going to use this technique 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNe5COoGhk

Looks like could work. But then im sad he maybe barking cause hes fearful
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Training teddy again. Starting tomorrow. Going to use this technique 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNe5COoGhk

Looks like could work. But then im sad he maybe barking cause hes fearful
    Oh my god, thank you for sharing that link! My dog barks like a brat at any noise or dog ever, me and my dad have tried several approaches but she doesn't really stop. I'm definitely giving this a try too.

I've forced myself to start eating healthier and going out a bit more. It's really difficult, but I'm pretty impressed with myself for managing for now :)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @Kathleen07   it makes most sense than any other video ive watched on it & the comments are so positive. Ive only started doing it to him today and there is definetly a change. He would bark at every single person walking by the garden 4 times out of 6 he never barked & was like wow wtf already cause he barks at everyone thinking hes a gaurd dog. And the other two times i brang him in a put him in the bathroom and told him it was okay & let him stay there for a few mins lolll & literally think hes starting to get the hang of it already cause he heard noise cominng from outside, he looked at me first i said its okay and he put his head back down and didnt bark!!! Like omg. Ive just been watching videos that tell you to distract them but lol never worked. Didnt take him on a walk today cause trying to get him to build my trust in keeping him safe & doesnt need to be a guard dog. Only problem is hes not weeing in the garden as much lol cause he wees everytime he barks at someone like from being scared or something lol. Now hes weeing in the house😓 so feel like im training he right from a puppy now lol
  • Options
    @Shaunie that's amazing! It's reassuring to hear it's already having an affect on Teddy because Mitzi thinks she's a guard dog too lol - car door shuts, she barks, people talk, she barks, another dog dares to exist, she barks :/ It's kind of funny but it's also really embarrassing, not to mention my sibling hates it. I hope Teddy keeps making progress, that would be great!
  • Options
    Wonderful work today 😀 its good because I enjoy my job. 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    Thinking of getting teddy properly trained and then getting a sausage dog for a friend!!!!  
    Its taking a lot of effort to stick to the training stragty but will keep at it and hope he improves and stops barking at every single person or dog
  • Options
    I feel great lol whole day without embarrassing problems. Yayyy
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Nearly finished all of my Christmas shopping today! (Yes, I know it's early but i'm organised) aha, feel very festive now  :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Well I had a shit time out with my mom and gran ahah. But, my gran was really kind by buying me these boots I kind of liked the look of :)

• Options
    Found the new halo top mousse pudding things and got so excited
  • Options
    Not going to work today. yayyyyy
  • Options
    Went on a nice long dog walk this morning, left the house at 8am and got back at 11am, very nice and pleasant walk except where I slipped and fell into a puddle and my butt got all wet and muddy, other than that generally great day

• Options
    Don't know where i am. But it comes with pretty views
  • Options
    2 days free of a medical episode ( idk what else to call it as idk what it is)
    Doctors on Thursday!
  • Options
    So i joined a facebook group on facebook on mental health. Only one mutural friend on it and we started texting. I know her from college. Was never in the same college class. But meet her once on someones birthday meal & she was funny & sooo nice. Been speaking to her on text and stuff and she was like she would be happy to meet up for drinks ect or christmas shopping. Shes so nice. But i think shes too cool for me lol. Am a loser
  • Options
    Going on trains tommorow, quite a lot planned, looking forwards too it 
  • Options
    Did a first. Normally I lay in bed and get up 10 minutes before I have to leave... Today I got up at half 6 and got in the shower. Brain? Are you ok? Lmao