Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2019
    Debating on whether i should cut my own full fringe or not. I have done it before but i did it wrong lol. It was too thick. Want it more thin. Maybe ive learnt i don’t know ha. But im so bored of my hair. Some people look soo nice with a full fringe but dont think ill ever be able to pull it off with my face lol & so much maintaince. I may watch youtube videos on how to do it tomorrow & then decide. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster

Mike and Katya are finally out on Strictly! In my opinion they were 💩 because they were terrible dancers  (just knowing that they were in 4 dance offs in a row is enough proof.)

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Im gunna cut my own hair into a full fringe. Not today though.

Ive watched youtube vids on how to do it and what sorts. I want a textured one. And quite thin. I think i need better sissors though. Will actually post what it looks like after if its not total shit lol

ive even watched how to hide a full fringe. Just incase i dont like it lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I've had a really good few days and I found a really useful book for one of my most challenging modules. I'm looking forward to moving onto the last part of my research project. 
  • Options
    Ant and dec are related. That was an obvious end but still too cute to watch. & too cute about when they talk about how much they mean to each other. I wish i was related to them
  • Options
    Yay 🙃 

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    The new John Lewis Christmas ad came out today <3

https://youtu.be/7xGW_M0O4xI
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Got the approval of a hair dresser/my sisters friend of my hair looks good and suits me. 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Think life is going to be feeling a bit calmer soon. Had lots of time with friends recently and needed to do a lot of life admin, and think I've caught up enough to have some chill time. :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2019
    Things haven’t been great these last few days I’ve had some really dark and horrible times but today I went a brought one of those werid foot peeling mask things and currently have it on whilst snuggled up on the sofa with Louie so that’s a big achievement as anyone who knows me knows I HATE doing self care 😅
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I had my first white hot chocolate and it was really tasty, ironically my boyfriend chose a regular hot chocolate.

I also received some very good news! 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Spending £50 on coffee capsules was the best choice
  • Options
    My mum said she likes my full fringe and says it really suits me more than a side fringe. Which is like the hightlight of my week cause shes like most honest brutal person going lol. 
  • Options
    My brother proposed to his lady and she said yes!!!!
  • Options
    Finaly have disney shop again in town
  • Options
    My actual real peer support worker certificate has finally came and collecting it monday
  • Options
    My sister gave me her fitness watch for free. Said i want one cause want to see a digital time when im at work. And said ill pay but she said can have for free. 

But really i just want to track my calories i burn and how many steps i walk
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    My knee is not hurting as much at all. After it clicked it felt much better instantly. :) Dance/drama/singing show here I come (although it is next week!)
    Post edited by Dancer on
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Two days until I'm 15 and I haven't lost to suicide unlike I felt I would. So that's good I guess (probably bad for everyone else though).
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Baked some cakes yesterday, make some chocolate chip cupcakes, a chocolate sponge cake and a banana cake. All turned at pretty good 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Put on fb on Saturday when my nephew thanked me for being alive, my colleague just said they're all thankful and happy I'm alive, so basically I'm in tears at work again 😂😭 happy tears though! 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    My knee is not hurting as much at all. After it clicked it felt much better instantly. :) Dance/drama/singing show here I come (although it is next week!)
    Shouldn't have spoken too soon.
  • Options
    Finally got my certificate!!!
    level 4 is most ive ever achieved 😊. 

• Options
    Am really excited but this card is so cute 😍

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Shaunie said:
    Finally got my certificate!!!
    level 4 is most ive ever achieved 😊. 

Opps i don’t know if i was suppose to cross any parts out?
  • Options
    Things are slowly moving in the right direction ! My autism assessment referral was accepted and I’ve been diagnosed with depression instead of it being labelled as just “low mood “ here’s to getting the right support 
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I don't think I will become a politician or anything because it's not my area, but I probably will get involved in campaigning and stuff.

So guess who's thinking of joining Young Labour? I want to advocate and make a difference and it could be a good way to meet like-minded people. I only just found out there's such a thing today so I'm not sure about it, but it seems like something that could help motivate me and give me a sense of purpose.
  • Options
    The mod on beat tonight was really lovely and supportive and she took time out to message me privately on the chat to check in and offer extra support.
    It's the small things that make a big difference
  • Options
    Despite things going wrong, I managed to think like a scientist and managed to get the outcomethat I wanteddddd!!!

This means that I'' get to pass through next semestor and work with venoms!!!
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Got some rolos! Been craving them for ages 😍

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld