Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I think I'll try to learn some sighn language in my spare time 😌
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    I think I'll try to learn some sighn language in my spare time 😌
    That is an amazing thing to try and learn. I know a lot of that.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I don't need anymore adjustments to my braces for 2 months.  Thank goodness. 7 and a half weeks pain free. :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Salix_alba_2019
    I'm learning sign language too!
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Don't think I've ever been so happy to see my psychiatrist 😂 after 3! Years of me complaining about one of my anti depressants, it's (hopefully) getting changed today 😁😁 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Zip Wiring today. 
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Kasa2103 said:
    Zip Wiring today. 
    Bestest of luck with it Kasa, :heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Stephanie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Zip Wiring today. 
    Bestest of luck with it Kasa, :heart: 
    Thanks. It is so scary. I had to drag myself out of bed. At least I rewarded myself with my favourite top to wear along with my favourite leggings- just plain black leggings.
  • Options
    And another thing of good news- I won't have to walk the 0.7 miles to the venue from the train station thanks to the buses actually running. 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    I start college in a week. For once I’m not dreading returning to an educational environment (like I normally would be with school). I’m actually excited to start this new chapter in my life and to have more freedom and independence :) not to mention that I’m only in 3 days a week ;) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I got a photo of the train next to us. 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I found some relaxing music to help me sleep last night and it worked! 
  • Options
    New writing supplies arrived today 😁😁 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options

Got myself a new candle
  • Options
    After 3 years of me complaining about mirtazapine, my psychiatrist is finally listening to me and slowly weaning off it starting today! (Hopefully(was meant to start on Tuesday but no where stocked vortioxetine, so they had to order it in for me)) 😁 he's trying me on a new one, vortioxetine, which I've heard is a miracle drug for depression, so watch this space, hopefully get back to my old self soon 😁😁 
  • Options
    Tomorrow I am doing a high ropes course. I made my mum laugh earlier because I mentioned my friends dad (who went zip wiring and is going to the high ropes course as well.) I said "make sure he brings spare underpants." My mum knew exactly what I meant. 😂 the high ropes course is actually Go Ape. I went when I was 11 and it was awesome.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Got to make and take this home at my interview last night 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Was gonna buy forza horizon 4 last night but decided not too and woke up and say its gone down to £20 instead of £50

big win
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    Honestly don't know if it's psychological since I'm only on day 3 of my meds, but feeling so much better, like I actually have motivation to do stuff 😁 about to learn CPR with my fav colleague and her sister 😊 
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Got my new lizard today and he's just so cute, every time I look at him he makes me smile  <3
  • Options
    Last day at work before i go on holiday for a week! :)
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    My henna this morning after taking the dried paste off 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    I had a nice dream for once. Had a dream brought a husky 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Fresh ink 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Fresh ink 
    It looks so pretty!!!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    Got paid today so I was like I'll go out cause need to go out and maybe get something. Go into boots and they have a offer of spend £20 on any make up and get this box for free. I was omg okay. Lol. 

Think actually would use all of it. But Gotta love free stuff. There's 8 things in there. 
    Go to boots 🙃

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Haven't killed the tomato plants, green bean plants or the courgette plants yet.
    Win 😂
  • Options
    the courgette plant also produces beasty courgettes 🤷👌
  • Options
    Saw the northern lights with J last night 😊 so glad they made an appearance for her 💕