Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I finally get to see my best friend again. We haven't met up since February. We get to meet at the sort of local trampoline park at the weekend! :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Feeling so much better now 😊 been to drs and know nothings wrong and my anxiety has calmed down, can finally relax 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    My provisional cane yesterday and I may have found a driving instructor eeeekkk😬 watch out everyone I will be on the road v soon 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    My sister got married yesterday! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Congratulations to her. How was the wedding or didn't you go?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Decided to be nice today and walked the dog for my dad and i got my 10,000 steps 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Recovery

When you're stuck in your destructive behaviours it feels like you'll never see the end of it. Truth is, recovery is hard, recovery is tiring and recovery is a real pain but it's absolutely worth it in the end. Being free from self harm and bullimia gives you the kind of freedom that makes you want to climb to the highest mountain and scream out of joy. I had a moment yesturday whilst I was laying in bed; It dawned to me that this is what recovery was...a peace of mind and the ability to feel joy again.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Aife said:

Thank you! It was a beautiful wedding <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Aife said:

Thank you! It was a beautiful wedding <3
    No problem. That's great to hear.
    People who have been in recent chats would know that I am in a performance at the end of this week due to being in a 1 week performing arts course. I promised I would announce my part as soon as I find it out.

I am proud to announce that I have the part of [drumroll please...] The Sultan. I am also part of the talking statues and a villager. Oh and I do a singing duet. As you can guess we are doing Aladdin.

My parents now trust me with medication again, now every week it's set out and the boxes of it are locked away still but it's a improvement 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    OMG GUYS !!!!!!!  Been offered a interview for a new job ! 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Yay my time off for my birthday in September has been accepted now so I won't have to pretend I'm sick lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I get to choose a new colour for my braces tomorrow. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    So looking up holidays for 2020 and realised how cheap Bali is and I'm thinking that's gonna be my destination, fly out and stay in airbnbs and it's literally so cheap out there from all the research I've done.

Looks like I'm saving for a trip to bali
    GreenTea said:
    So looking up holidays for 2020 and realised how cheap Bali is and I'm thinking that's gonna be my destination, fly out and stay in airbnbs and it's literally so cheap out there from all the research I've done.

It's very cheap in Bali! You should go to Ubud! They have a monkey forest you can go to and the monkeys are so cute!
    Aife said:
    GreenTea said:

It's very cheap in Bali! You should go to Ubud! They have a monkey forest you can go to and the monkeys are so cute!
    Literally one of the places on the list of visiting I want to do. I didn't realize how cheap it was till I properly looked into it! (Only thing that scares me is the flight because you have to like stop in another country then catch another flight and the thought of that scares me because never done it before)
    I take it you've been to Bali?! Anywhere else you'd suggest?

edited August 2019
    GreenTea said:
    Aife said:
    GreenTea said:

Literally one of the places on the list of visiting I want to do. I didn't realize how cheap it was till I properly looked into it! (Only thing that scares me is the flight because you have to like stop in another country then catch another flight and the thought of that scares me because never done it before)
    I take it you've been to Bali?! Anywhere else you'd suggest?

Changing flights can be quite scary but it's actually okay! Usually you'll have a stopover for a few hours and it's quite nice breaking up your journey. There's lots of signs around the airport letting you know where to go if you're going onto another flight :) 

Yeah I've been to Bali! It's one of my favourite places I've ever been. Would love to go back one day! I went to this island called Gili Air. They have amazing beaches and swings in the sea. In Ubud, there's lots of rice fields you can walk around which are so pretty. You should make a Bali thread so I can share more with you! :) 
    @Aife
    Gahhh ok I'll make a thread later. Maybe a thread will help me save up enough money to be able to do this trip 😂 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Just found out that the new beardy (lizard)  babies are ready at the pet shop, and will be able to go and pick one next week 😅 Been lost without my one who passed away a couple of weeks ago, like part of the family has gone so I’m so so so excited to bring a new one in ☺️💓
    I discovered that you can eat orbeez. There were orbeez in my slushie today when I went to an ice cream place with 3 friends, their parents and my mum.
    Kasa2103 said:
    I discovered that you can eat orbeez. There were orbeez in my slushie today when I went to an ice cream place with 3 friends, their parents and my mum.

You can't eat orbeez. You sure it wasn't the jelly balls they use in boba tea?
    Kasa2103 said:
    I think you mean ediable pearls there made out of semolina and have a fruity liquid inside 
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:

My stomach says it was orbeez (I am pooping a lot- eww.) It was probably jelly balls but I have no clue.
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:

My stomach says it was orbeez (I am pooping a lot- eww.) It was probably jelly balls but I have no clue.
    They aren't orbeez.. you can't eat orbeez.. search boba tea. It was probably what they use in them
    Kasa2103 said:
    I think you mean ediable pearls there made out of semolina and have a fruity liquid inside 
    Oh thanks Aimee.
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:

They aren't orbeez.. you can't eat orbeez.. search boba tea. It was probably what they use in them
    Thanks for letting me know. Boba Tea is eww  (only as I hate tea.) But the slushie was mmmmmmm.
    Was getting anxious as waiting for a delivery and they had missed the time slot. 
    Only to get a phonecall to say they were stuck in traffic and were very sorry 
    Who knew delivery services for that 😂

And breathe
    I actually went on rides today when I was at thorpe Park, even though my axiety was really messing with me today and obviously not the big ones that go upside down, 
    I got a new colour on my braces! :)