Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    something much worse happened but I din't have a panic attack :yippe:
  • Options
    For about the last hour my dads been saying "10 more minutes, and then off facebook!" :lol: Making me laugh. He so fails at the whole.. parent thing.
    Xx
  • Options
    Procrastinating from revision is improving my guitar skills immensely.
  • Options
    Today I graduate. Wheeee!
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »

:thumb: Congrats!
    Xx
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »

holy shit. Congratz. Graduated, preggers, anything going wrong in your life you lucky thing? :thumb:
  • Options
    the summerball tonight :thumb: seeing florence and the machine and feeder! really hyped :hyper:
  • Options
    Just seen my couisn... for the first time in 6 years... :cool:
    Xx
  • Options
    the summerball tonight :thumb: seeing florence and the machine and feeder! really hyped :hyper:

wow, we just had some accoustic gutiar player/singer and a band playing chart music at ours last night, but we are just a small campus. Feeder played at our big graduate ball last year though!
  • Options
    florence was at the leeds summer ball last night too! obv doing the rounds!
  • Options
    Just had a Mrs Higgins cookie. That makes me happy.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    wow, we just had some accoustic gutiar player/singer and a band playing chart music at ours last night, but we are just a small campus. Feeder played at our big graduate ball last year though!

we had feeder too :P

and some guy from pendulum and err aled from the chris moyle's radio show. ahhh

florence was AMAZING :hyper: she congratulated all the graduates tooooo
  • Options
    I bought the first pair of shoes since about the age of ten that actually fit! (I have depressingly humungous feet)
  • Options
    I had a lovely chicken nugget sandwich. Mmm!
  • Options
    Bit dweebish but I have finally finished my game of Fallout 3, spent the last 4 months playing it and now I can play other games. :yippe:
  • Options
    Bit dweebish but I have finally finished my game of Fallout 3, spent the last 4 months playing it and now I can play other games. :yippe:

Haha, well, never underestimate the small joys in life :p
  • Options
    Last night I went to the free Rage Against The Machine gig in Finsbury Park to say thank you for beating the X Factor to Christmas Number 1. I'm covered in mysterious bruises, am completely cream crackered, have a husky voice, but it was totally worth it. They were phenomenal - and 40,000 others probably feel the same.
  • Options
    my dad gave me a belated birthday present of £2000 cuz apparently his 'business is going really well at the moment'
    sooo i went on a huuuuge shopping spree over the weekend :hyper:

i got some lurvely summer dresses, coupla tops, 3 pairs of heels, hairdryer.. jeans, leather jacket.. went mad basically :)

im feeling partiularly good this morning too cuz ive lost a stone in last 4 weeks and the skinny jeans that i couldnt get over my thighs originally, fit peeerfectly now :D
  • Options
    Last night I went to the free Rage Against The Machine gig QUOTE]

Lucky! I love them!
    Xx
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    my dad gave me a belated birthday present of £2000 cuz apparently his 'business is going really well at the moment'

i got some lurvely summer dresses, coupla tops, 3 pairs of heels, hairdryer.. jeans, leather jacket.. went mad basically :)

im feeling partiularly good this morning too cuz ive lost a stone in last 4 weeks and the skinny jeans that i couldnt get over my thighs originally, fit peeerfectly now :D

So unbeliveably over the top jealous!
  • Options
    Last night I went to the free Rage Against The Machine gig QUOTE]

Lucky! I love them!
    Xx

It was awesome. Moshed like I was 18 again. Feel broken and bruised now. I'm clearly too old for this kind of nonsense.
  • Options
    Today I went for my first walk outside after surgery.

I got a new winter top (red knitted, long <3), a new town top for $8!!!! and 2 new dresses. One is a sz12! I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but holy shit, I've never been a sz12. It's a big deal for me! Sure, it will be a one off and I'll mostly be sz14's till I lose more weight but for now, I'm stoked!

And I bought Bayonetta on PS3. Ahhh too much spending.
  • Options

fuckin ell, thats a birthday present?

you are always posting about how much your parents spend/buy you. you are one spoilt daughter :p hehe.

jealoussssss. i'd love £2000 right now!
  • Options
    hehe yeah it is!! usually my dad forgets my bday so was pleasantly surprised!

i wouldnt say im spoilt tho, just lucky! my dad works 'for us' as he likes to put it, so most of the money he gets he gives to us :)
    wont last forever tho im sure!!
    no doubt once i get a 'proper' paid job then ill be cut loose!!!
  • Options
    i wouldnt say im spoilt tho, just lucky!

You're only spoilt if it spoils you. As long as you're always grateful for the stuff you get, it's all good. Enjoy it! :yes:

On my happy note, my baby has a room now, and every time I pass it, I nip in and it makes me smile :hyper: :heart:
  • Options
    Took my cat to the vet for his annual check-up and vaccine. Vet said he is very healthy :d
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    You're only spoilt if it spoils you. As long as you're always grateful for the stuff you get, it's all good. Enjoy it! :yes:

:yes:
    On my happy note, my baby has a room now, and every time I pass it, I nip in and it makes me smile :hyper: :heart:

:hyper: :d. I'm excited about meeting Baby Kaff :d.
  • Options
    Just booked tickets for the cat empire in october :yippe:
  • Options
    Making great progress with the work in Uni. Not getting any farther in my study at the moment :lol:, but we are generating excellent results for our publication. We are so near our goal and we might be able to publish in a top notch science journal that not many professors have yet published in.

Damn, this will look fine in the CV :cool:

Everything else is on hold however :/ On Wednesday I have my flat for a week and I still don't live there, because I have not finished cleaning/moving yet.
  • Options

You are such a geek. ;)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out next week and I have it on pre-order. :hyper: