Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive lost 11lbs in the last 3 weeks :D

still got 2 stone to go of course till i get to my goal weight, but im feeling smaller, my clothes fit nicer and several people have commented so im very happy!!

Oooh and tomorrow im driving down to plymouth to see a friend from uni that ive not seen in 2 years! gonna have a big catchup, go out to dinner and possibly go see SATC 2 at the cinema (for free cuz she works at vue)

plus the weather is luurvely and has put me in a good mood :)
  • Options
    The woman at the hairdresser was at pains to tell me "women would kill for straight hair like yours". That's good. Right? :D

Yup, always good to know you have perfect women's hair ;)
  • Options
    The woman at the hairdresser was at pains to tell me "women would kill for straight hair like yours". That's good. Right? :D

You know how a cotton bud goes all fuzzy if its been knocking about out of the packet too long? Well my hair looks like that.

I probably wouldn't kill for your hair but I'm having a bad day so I may kill just for spite :P
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    You know how a cotton bud goes all fuzzy if its been knocking about out of the packet too long? Well my hair looks like that.

I probably wouldn't kill for your hair but I'm having a bad day so I may kill just for spite :P
    :D.

My hair likes to go POOF! if I don't do anything to it (like today). It's why I tend to always go back to short hair because I'm spectacularly lazy.
  • Options
    Its amazing what you get, when you just go for it and ask! :D If only my dad wasnt here...... oh well, at least i know he's up for it!
  • Options
    Just went swimming, and the only other people in the pool were two old ladies talking about how they wanted to be cremated, and also how apparently bleach keeps vased flowers for longer. Interesting. :chin:
  • Options
    Half term, so no more exams for a week :yippe:
  • Options
    sky just rang out the blue, one of those consumer surveys.

'what's your favourite channel?'

- errrm...errrrr... FOUR

imma so stooopid :D
  • Options
    Well done Rach ;).

Should have said one of the ones we don't have to see what they'd say :p.
  • Options
    SKY MOVIES PREMIER :D i wish
  • Options
    Opened my pay packet yesterday to find my pay has gone up 2 pay increments AND I've had a 4% pay rise...whoop whoop all round! :hyper:
    So that makes about £2000 added on to my yearly wage AND all my back pay from the increment I should have got in Novemeber :thumb:
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Opened my pay packet yesterday to find my pay has gone up 2 pay increments AND I've had a 4% pay rise...whoop whoop all round! :hyper:
    So that makes about £2000 added on to my yearly wage AND all my back pay from the increment I should have got in Novemeber :thumb:

the drinks are on you then...
  • Options
    I won £50 at the pub quiz on Tuesday :d
  • Options
    I finally bought COD MW2 today :d
  • Options
    i have the house to myself tonight which means i can have the heating on full blast without someone moaning that its too hot, haha!
  • Options
    I went to a gig by myself last night, had an awesome time in the mosh pit (even though i fell over and cracked my head, ice sorted it out) and met some cool wellingtonions and got a free voucher for a 'purple monkey' vodka, whatever that might be. All in all, a good night :)
  • Options
    Went to a country show yesterday and had a ride on a tank :d

It was very hot ,noisy and dusty but the best fun :thumb:
  • Options
    Only one more exam to go! :yippe:
  • Options
    Only one more exam to go! :yippe:

Well aren't you the lucky one?! :p

I'm still only half way through :grump:
  • Options
    ^^ it's biology though... :impissed:

Good luck! Which ones have you got left?
  • Options
    ^^ it's biology though... :impissed:

Good luck! Which ones have you got left?

Thanks!! Chem, History and English..all the ones that actually need revision :(

When do you have bio?
  • Options
    Tomorrow... and I'm procrastinating on the internet. :shocking: I didn't have English or History exams, but I had to do my Internal Assessments (long essay thingies that they make you do in the IB) which will be counted as exam grades. Sounds good, but it was crazy stressful... but now I'm finally close to done! :hyper:
  • Options
    Tomorrow... and I'm procrastinating on the internet. :shocking: I didn't have English or History exams, but I had to do my Internal Assessments (long essay thingies that they make you do in the IB) which will be counted as exam grades. Sounds good, but it was crazy stressful... but now I'm finally close to done! :hyper:

Aggh! Good luck then!!
  • Options
    Three days off now! Woooop!

Party tomorrow, seeing the 'missus' the next day, stay at hers and chill out on Thursday.

Siiiiick.
  • Options
    Today i went shopping and bought a pin up vintage style red lipstick!! :D Love it!
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Today i went shopping and bought a pin up vintage style red lipstick!! :D Love it!

I have no idea if that's good but I'm happy for ya! :D lol!

And just to add my own bit of happy into this thread, there's only 30mins til hometime!! Woop!!! I'm going straight back to bed! :cool:
  • Options
    Mhmm, *puts feet up the table* good thing I am already here, I like it here ;)

Vienna is awesome.
  • Options
    i want a dawg once we're in n ireland. found the perfect animal sanctuary. :D
  • Options
    share!

im feeling happy tonight because just maybe.. i might be moving to derry in n. ireland to live with my boyfriend :) in his dad's house but his dad is lovely so im so pleased. test run in the summer but fingers crossed! his dad is also involved with a lot of charity work and quite well known for his work in the local hospice so i would have somewhere to work over summer even if it's just voluntary.

any good news here?

I scored well in my maths test today at learn direct. I have to pass English and Maths to get trained up for a forklifting licence. My absent friends have some good news because I returned some CDs and games to their addresses. They will have to explain why they didn't return my calls etc.
  • Options
    i want a dawg once we're in n ireland. found the perfect animal sanctuary. :D

Get a lurcher! :d