Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Awesome, I've been meaning to try Fuel for ages. Got lots of mates who go there, it's meant to be really good. Have fun :)
    You should come tomorrow, see if you can spot me :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Going out to a big partey. Hope it will be awexsome.
    )
    Deja vu! Hopefully it'll be better than the last one...

I understood the end of ashes to ashes :yippe:
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    You should come tomorrow, see if you can spot me :p

Ah I'm not in Cardiff this weekend, off to Oxford to see some family in a bit - otherwise I might have done!
  • Options
    I have officially lost a whole stone and I feel rather pleased with myself :D
  • Options
    Well it's a fucking beautiful day again. Shame I've got work in a bit, but at least I've enjoyed the morning!
    I've also got 'Red Dead Redemption', which is sick.
    WORLD CUP SOON!
    CYPRUS SOON!

:D
  • Options
    Car passed the MOT this morning, oooh yea! :D
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    Deja vu! Hopefully it'll be better than the last one...

I understood the end of ashes to ashes :yippe:

It was :cool: Was out with a friend who was recently dumped and is now going from all family-ish/settled, to going out on every instance possible. And he found some girl to sit in a dark corner to make out :lol: I didn't want to be left behind so I found myself some girl to make out and grope boobs :D

Oh god, felt like I was 16, but it was fun. ahh, good times.
  • Options
    I'm drunk AND I HAve a cheese ommelette
  • Options
    I don't have a hangover :P
  • Options
    I don't have a hangover either - bonus!
  • Options
    Booked a flight to Finnland for July. So my holiday is official now :)

Going out to party tonight (even tho I've been out the last two days until stupid o' clock, so I should actually really not, but it can't be helped) again.

Girl of interest will come too, but I am not sure if this belongs here or in the ranty thread.
  • Options
    Bank balance just got a hell of a lot healthier :)
  • Options
    Booked a flight to Finnland for July. So my holiday is official now :)

Going out to party tonight (even tho I've been out the last two days until stupid o' clock, so I should actually really not, but it can't be helped) again.

Girl of interest will come too, but I am not sure if this belongs here or in the ranty thread.

same GOI as on the ranty thread?
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    same GOI as on the ranty thread?

yes. yes it is.

Slowly cranking down on the hopes, but tbh: I really wanted to give it one last shot when I have my own flat come next week. She will live nearby and I can invite her over and see what happens. If nothing happens it won't be a biggie to not see her ever again.

And I am not doing the whole "Omg I need to stay pure for her"-abstinence bollocks, because I am doing other things with other woman on the side. So I am actually finer as it might be apparent.
  • Options
    I caught a fish today! :thumb:
  • Options
    yes. yes it is.

Slowly cranking down on the hopes, but tbh: I really wanted to give it one last shot when I have my own flat come next week. She will live nearby and I can invite her over and see what happens. If nothing happens it won't be a biggie to not see her ever again.

And I am not doing the whole "Omg I need to stay pure for her"-abstinence bollocks, because I am doing other things with other woman on the side. So I am actually finer as it might be apparent.

You dawg
  • Options
    life is pretty good, in fact its great. And i only have one exam left. :D
  • Options
    life is pretty good, in fact its great. And i only have one exam left. :D

And you're back!!
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    You dawg

Yes I am. Holy hell, it is 6:30 in the morning, I just came home and the weather is amazing and I am not tired at all. I don't know what I should attribute this to. Maybe the tea I had before going out? (My caffeine tolerance is like the one of a little kid). Was at a polish party and even tho I begin to love the polish people, my jacekt was stolen (damn poles). Tolerant people. Lovely people, but I'll be damned if they don't have sticky fingers.

Anyhoo, sorry to turn this into strubbles crydiary, but I didn't talk anything to GOI (thanks for the acronym Evenstar), except a word or two. I was just talking to her friend she came with, had an amazing night and watched another hopeless guy get bumped off her (the goi, not her friend).

Anyway, even if this will now sound self-absorbed, I think I benefit greatly of GOI, who teaches me not to give a fuck and just relax the hard way. It just catches on and made this an evening magnificent. I got to know a couple of nice people, even tho I am usually a bit reclusive towards strangers. So I was not butthurt when I saw GOI getting pestered by this one guy, who even said to me, he is just annoying her (it seems to be his strategy in pulling.), no, actually it gave me the warm fuzzy feeling of Schadenfreude. :cool:

Ok enough of this, I either go to bed or do something silly and go biking. Take care lovelies.
  • Options
    ^ Good :) (i like the phrase 'butthurt' as well)

and NAUN!!! Welcome back! :D
  • Options
    I've finished my exams and I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Fifteen done, and zero remaining :shocking:
  • Options
    I've finished my exams and I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Fifteen done, and zero remaining :shocking:

15?! :crazyeyes Omgosh, you need to now remember what it's like to live!! Go out there, get hideously drunk and wake up in a hedge with a smile and a silly hat! Go on, you know you want to! ;)

Disclaimer: binge drinking is bad, as is waking up in hedges :cool:
  • Options
    I'm loving this brief spell of good weather. In Stafford, we had 28C Saturday, 27C yesterday and still pretty good today at 25C. I love the sun like this along as it's not humid. While Stafford is about as far inland England as possible, we are prone to humidity, but it is nice now because it is still late Spring. It's August I usually hate because it remains 20C+ at night time, making it impossible to sleep.
  • Options
    Well done lovely :). Now go out and ENJOY YOURSELF. No more horrid IB exams evarrrrrr :D.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that after a few horrible weeks I have had a few really nice compliments lately that have cheered me up. It's amazing what little confidence boosters can do :)

Oh, and there are some cool people on here too, I like this place :cool:
  • Options
    whoops this should have been on the ranty thread... over it goes
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Well done lovely :). Now go out and ENJOY YOURSELF. No more horrid IB exams evarrrrrr :D.

Haaaaa, I love how I'm spending my first afternoon of freedom applying for jobs lol
  • Options

I'm happy for you, but at the same time i hate you a little :p
    :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm happy for you, but at the same time i hate you a little :p
    :thumb:

Ha... well. I just hate you. :yippe:
  • Options
    Ha... well. I just hate you. :yippe:

:grump: this is the happy thread! shoo! get out with your negativity! :p

I got to do reversing around a corner in my driving lesson today, and i could actually do it. :D