Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just finished my dissertation. :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:
    Ready to hand it in tomorrow. So happy!
    No more rants from me about "that stupid essay"!!!
    Now I can relax a bit and wait for exams.

:thumb: Congrats!

I'm handing mine in tomorrow as well. I'm printing it this evening.

No exams for me though, except one for work at the end of the month (no revision). So I'll be free from uni and can go out and bike, wheee.

btw, I'm still in bed. Ahhh, loving it ;)
  • Options
    FINISHED!!!

I'm so happy! :D
  • Options
    My hair is all blonde :) , it's nicey nicey.
  • Options
    The guy I fancied for ages who kinda turned me down a month and a bit ago, who I haven't seen since, asked me to a gig next thursday ...
  • Options
    my dads coming to see me tomorrow and we are doing a huuuuge shop for my new aprtment :)
    that means bed, sofas, rugs, cushions, kitchen gadgets, wardrobes, curtains, paint aaand basically everything i need for a literally empty space.

i drew plans out n everything and colour schemes so i know exaactly what i want :)
    and my dads paying mwahah :yippe:

ooh and cuz my dads over it probably means we will be heading out for a meal. im going to MAKE him go to TGI fridays. quesadillas. mmm :yum:
  • Options
    Dissertation people - 3rd years at my uni had to have theirs in by mid march!! :nervous:
    Finished an assignment this week and had an exam today - literally been non stop for the last few weeks doing work and revision so can let up a tiny bit now....just one more small assignment and 2 exams to go!!
  • Options
    It's friday..:thumb:
  • Options
    had a mini bbq today with my mum and her boyfriend :D
  • Options
    I've started to read the book I ordered, I disagree with the author's arguement but, that's great as it gives me something to argue against.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Dissertation people - 3rd years at my uni had to have theirs in by mid march!! :nervous:
    Finished an assignment this week and had an exam today - literally been non stop for the last few weeks doing work and revision so can let up a tiny bit now....just one more small assignment and 2 exams to go!!

Hehe I have all that to look forward to next year. I only have 1 week left of my 2nd year at uni...only 1 exam and my dissertation proposal to finish!

Also, I got one of those cute meerkats from a card shop today :)
  • Options
    I finally have time to make curtains for the bloke's kid and it's going super well. :thumb: I'm so happy to be able to spend time on my own assignments.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I've just come home from work to find a note from my sleeping girlfriend telling me how amazing she's finding this relationship and that we're going to have a brilliant time over the summer :D
  • Options
    one assignment down, three to go, then dissy. The one down bit is good, the rest is... what it is.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    I've just come home from work to find a note from my sleeping girlfriend telling me how amazing she's finding this relationship and that we're going to have a brilliant time over the summer :D

Awww thats cool :yes:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    skakitty wrote: »
    Awww thats cool :yes:
    :blush:
  • Options
    That is cute. Happy for ya :D
  • Options
    I finished an essay precisely on the specified word count; I now feel like a ninja.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    I finished an essay precisely on the specified word count; I now feel like a ninja.

like!

bizzarre ER is back on - this makes me happy :love:
  • Options
    Im looking forward to my bed :P
  • Options
    I made a curry last night, so i don't have to cook tonight :D
  • Options
    this isn't good news but its a feel good happy thread so you know!

i'm happy because i have the most lovely boyfriend ever. i was away on holiday last week. being away from him made me realise how lucky i am to have a guy like him. i love him lots and lots :heart:
  • Options
    even when no-one is home and no-one is online, failbook can still make me laugh :D
  • Options
    Thursday and Friday is off. Mahoosive weekend, and I am right about now getting started to go to a wicked party :hyper:

Today's gonna be so awexome.
  • Options
    Looking forward to chilling with friends tomorrow, drinking games, forgetting about my major project at college :)! But theres one person who doesnt want to come over till we are drunk cause she will find it boring overwise :eek2: thanks for calling all of us boring (Y) But other than that, I cant wait :D
  • Options
    Finished the draft of one essay. w00t.
  • Options
    Day off work tomorrow >_<
  • Options
    ive just been on the phone to the xmen and pirates of the caribbean production designers asking about jobs and they both told me to send them my cv !!! eeek!! :eek:
    oh my god i would be over the moon if i got a job.doing ANYTHING!! i redid my cv last night so hopefully it is satisfactory.
    if i dont hear anything by saturday im phoning back and being pushy. take meee!!

oh, and i can fit into an old pair of jeans ive not got into in about 2 years :)
    im bloody starving, but worth it just to get to this point!!
  • Options
    i feel 'ok' about my exam tomorrow. tested myself on some quotes just now and gave myself ticks for the ones i got right :blush: didnt get everything right but if in doubt i will paraphraaaaaaase. fingers crossed
  • Options
    Handed in my last assignment for this year!! Now just revision. It's scary how quick times going...
  • Options
    got a new job, the assholes at the last place that "let me go" after a month can jump off a cliff for all i care