Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What really really bugs you...?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People who eat with their mouths open and people who shew gum with their mouths open and make it all slurpy and sloppy and disgusting. This is even worse on a long train journey where it is constant and you have no escape :crazyeyes:
  • Options
    Rude and nasty bus drivers - they think they're gifts from above.Err...
  • Options
    People who try too hard to be different/weird/random etc - get over yourselves
    Tv adverts in general - especially confused.com and churchill adverts - they're so dumbed down it's offensive
    Really smelly people on the bus, not just bad BO but when their clothes stink too. I'm sorry but I really can't stand it.
    Old people on the bus who moan when there aren't any seats but then put all their bags and shopping on the seat next to them when it's busy when theres a space at the front to put them.
    Kids on the bus who play crappy club music on their phones. We honestly don't care what music you listen to so put your headphones on.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    People who try too hard to be different/weird/random etc - get over yourselves

A fucking men.
  • Options
    What really bugs me...

Stupid customers who can't think for themselves... eg, ask if the till point is where you pay... DUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR.

The people I work with who are too self-involved to notice they're actually being paid to do a job and should shut the fuck up about themselves and actually do some work.

People who slow down or stop right infront of you when you're walking down a busy street.

Bad drivers - ie slow drivers, speeders, people who over-take for no reason and then end up having to break really harshly cos of traffic-lights ahead and get no further on than they would have staying behind you safely etc etc...

Chavs. And I mean the sterotypical type (of which there are an abundance where I live) - wastes of space... They hang around in groups looking like fashionable grim-reapers without the stick-thing, texting on phones with REALLY annoying ring-tones... I just don't get it... why be so annoying just by BEING... why? why?

Teenagers in general annoy me... Which is worrying as I'm only 20 and it's making me feel old...

Rude people annoy me too, and really make me want to have a go at them (but not being rude myself, I don't).

People who smoke so much that they stink of fags... I mean, sort it out. Why the fuck do you want to stink so much?

I could go on forever so I'm gunna shut up now. :D
    (My aunty doesn't call me Victor Meldrew for nothing).
  • Options
    People who listen to music on a bus with no earphones (no-one else wants to fucking hear it!) One bloke was even playing Westlife speeded up :|
  • Options
    oh god yeah I hate that so much!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Teenagers in general annoy me... Which is worrying as I'm only 20 and it's making me feel old...
    I assume you don't mean all teenagers, just the typical "trendy" kind. If it makes it any better, they annoy me as well, and it also did when I was a teenager. Honestly if I had to choose between shooting an emo teenager and a "trendy" one (shooting neither not being an option) I'd choose the latter without thinking.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    People who listen to music on a bus with no earphones (no-one else wants to fucking hear it!)
    Yeah, that happened to me too the other day.
    Even worse: People who sing in the bus. Especially if they're singing a song from my favourite singer and making it sound like rap by a stoned, sleepy and retarded rapper.
  • Options
    I assume you don't mean all teenagers, just the typical "trendy" kind. If it makes it any better, they annoy me as well, and it also did when I was a teenager. Honestly if I had to choose between shooting an emo teenager and a "trendy" one (shooting neither not being an option) I'd choose the latter without thinking.

Hmmm... Pretty much all teenagers tbh... Mostly between the ages of 13 and 16. Of course there are the nice individuals, but as a whole they just really annoy me. ;)
  • Options
    I'm a pro wrestling referee and without giving too much away about the business, if I'm going to ref a match I need to know what is going to 'happen' throughout the match so I know how to call things, if you catch my drift.

So what I hate is when one (or both) of the wrestlers takes things in a totally different direction and I end up looking like an arse in front of a crowd of 300+ not knowing what I'm supposed to do.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hmmm... Pretty much all teenagers tbh... Mostly between the ages of 13 and 16. Of course there are the nice individuals, but as a whole they just really annoy me. ;)
    If you agree there are nice ones, then it's not all of them :p
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I swear that every time I am waiting on the Northern Line at Belsize Park I hear "There is no interchange at Bank/Monument station except between the Northern Line and Docklands Light Railway".
    Its a lie!

they don't want people goingt that way because its not good for big volumes of traffic, but you can do it very quickly.... have jsut have to use the spiral staircase...
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Oh god, this. Went into the bathroom this morning to discover that my sister has used my (pretty expensive) intensive conditioner. Even though she has her own?! And she uses my toothpaste. And my razor, although she has her own. AND my facewash. And she has a tendency to steal my tweezers as well.

it's so annoying isn't it!

example, I came home today to find MY shoes in the hallway which she has been wearing all weekend grr
  • Options
    'Quirky' people. Like that bellend who presents one of the Big Brother spin offs. The cock was a wearing an over sized bow tie (a bow tie for fucks sake!). We get it, you're trying to prove that you're 'zany' and 'different' in your stupid fucking get up but really you're just a knob. A knob in a bow tie, which makes you a super knob.

Also, anyone who uses the words banter, random or badger in an attempt to create some random banter about badgers. Stop it.

Oh and I fucking hate Hollyoaks. Take it back to its roots: softcore wank material for internet connection-less 14 year olds.

:lol::lol:

agree with all of that!

Adding to the 'quirky' thing ... Another massive pet-hate of mine. This whole 'I'm-a-quirky-boho-wacky-person culture' and the bands that go with it with stupid names like The Inexperienced Car.

People who THINK they are hard-core ravers (this mainly applies to some of the people I went to school with). I started listening to drum and bass ages ago before it was ''cool'' but now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and going to this one club in town which has a few d'n'b nights but they think this qualifies as a rave. It is not a rave it's a small cramped club with smelly toilets stuffed with stuck-up slightly drunk idiots.

Knives (not for cooking just for weapons). Suddenly in my town it's apparently necessary for some people to carry knives. Like last year my boyfriend at the time got into a bit of a row with this other lad and it looked like things might get a bit fisty then all of a sudden the boy whips out a knife. I think it's so unfair to do that if you have a problem with them, smack them but don't stab them.
  • Options
    Bad drivers - ie slow drivers, speeders, people who over-take for no reason and then end up having to break really harshly cos of traffic-lights ahead and get no further on than they would have staying behind you safely etc etc...
    Add to this:
    - Wankers who feel the need to drive bumper-to-bumper with you when you're doing 60mph.
    - People who don't bother to dip their lights when you're coming towards them at night.
    - People who don't bother acknowledging me when I've stopped to let them through.
    - Idiots who drive at 40mph in national speed limit zones yet suddenly remember where the accelerator is when they hit a 30mph zone.
    - Anyone who thinks their car is some sort of status symbol and not a way of getting from A to B.
    - Tosspots who don't seem to realise the purpose of white lines in a car park - you park in-between them, not over three spaces, you twat!
    - People who tell me I should cycle/take the bus/walk to work. What, walk 28 miles a day in the rain? You really should stop reading The Guardian during your tea break.
    - Idiots who take bloody ages when stopping for fuel. It's quite simple, dear - get out of car, grab either petrol or diesel pump as required, put amount of fuel into car that you want, pay at the shop, then fuck off. You don't need to make a song and dance about it, you stupid bitch.
    - People who drive through residential areas playing Now The Greatest Hardcore Anthems Of All Time Ever 572 at full volume. You wanna listen to loud music, go to a fucking nightclub or something. That particularly applies to anyone who likes Basshunter's "Now You're Gone", or most of the output on All Around The World Records.
    - People who never bother to indicate when they know you're behind them. So you're turning left - how the fuck am I supposed to know when you don't bother telling me? I'm not psychic, you dickhead!
    - Farmers who deliberately drive tractors at stupidly low speeds just to piss off anyone who happens to be stuck behind them.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    ITT: People get butthurt by normal stuff.
  • Options
    People who add letters to words for no reason, so 'studio' becomes 'shtudio', 'christian' becomes 'chrisjun' etc
  • Options
    'christian' becomes 'chrisjun' etc

That's less letters :razz:

You're kind of getting into the relms of people having a different accent to your own bugging you there.
  • Options
    That's less letters :razz:

You're kind of getting into the relms of people having a different accent to your own bugging you there.
    It's not an accent thing though! I hear people saying things like that with certain words and not with others. For example they say 'shtudio' but not 'shtop'. Sounds more like people trying to sound 'trendy' really.
  • Options
    With "studio" the palatal sound you get when going from the "t" to the "u" effects the first part of the word too and so the tongue is further back, producing a "sh" sound rather than a "s" sound as it would do if the tongue was further forwards. It's just because people talk quickly really. There is no palatal sound in "stop" so you don't get the same effect.
  • Options
    With "studio" the palatal sound you get when going from the "t" to the "u" effects the first part of the word too and so the tongue is further back, producing a "sh" sound rather than a "s" sound as it would do if the tongue was further forwards. It's just because people talk quickly really. There is no palatal sound in "stop" so you don't get the same effect.
    In which case surely everyone would be saying it that way instead of the way it seems to be affecting random people?