Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What really really bugs you...?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I could carry on......

People who repeat themselves.

People who make me repeat myself because they're too stupid/ignorant to understand me the first time round. After a minute or so I usually just want to repeatedly bash them in the face.

People who change their minds all the time.

People who insult my intelligence and talk to me in a condescending manner. Particularly when you're trying to talk to them seriosuly about something, and they simply talk to you like you're an absolute idiot.
  • Options
    Insipidness.
    Indecisiveness.
    A lack of common sense/logic.
    People who think that to be physically disabled you need a wheelchair.
    Children and babies.
    People who assume that because you're a quiet person you must be arrogant or boring.
    People who can't spell or use correct grammar - for example 'the painting what he painted' is in fact 'the painting THAT he painted'. It does bug me something chronic.
    Speaking of chronic, chronic pain bugs me, I fecking hate it.
    Genes. They bug me because you can't pick them, nor change them; you're utterly screwed.
  • Options
    People who lie about something and try and place the blame onto other people when they do something wrong. If you're doing the close and you miss bits out so I have to do it in the morning IT IS YOUR FAULT, don't bother going "people have complimented me on my closes" (bollocks, incidentally), "when you're running the close you get other people to do everything" (completely wrong), "I was running it so I'll take the responsibility, BUT..." NO BUTS, YOU WILL TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ME HAVING TO DO YOUR FUCKING JOB FOR YOU. Also, those same people thinking they're good at everything when they aren't. Also them thinking the sun shines out of their own arse just because they are a bit higher than most of us. The only reason you got fucking promoted was because of your customer skills, you are SHIT at everything else (when someone goes that slowly you would at least expect them to get the orders right/their till to be exact at the end of the day/them not to fuck up completely) and I am better than you at, er, EVERYTHING, so stop telling me how to do my fucking job when you can't even do it :mad:.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The heat.

Indian/Bangladeshi call centres.
  • Options
    Another thing that annoys me, is when people blame alcohol for their actions, like if they had sex with their friends girlfriend, I couldn't if I was drunk, I'd know what I'd be doing, and stop. I'd think about AFTER rarther than the current.
  • Options
    THE FUCKING DLR!
    why the fuck can't they have beckton services go into bank now tower gateway is shut AND they have less services going to lewisham! i very much dislike changing 3 times on the same line and it taking me over an hour to get home from tottenham court road. and what the fuck have they done to bank station? why should it take me 10 min to change lines and why should i have to tap out? i don't fucking want to tap out.

people who have young children and take drugs
    how expencive london is
    people who dislike alternative people....i don't want to watch shit tv every night, i don't want to work in an office and i'm perfectly fine with having funky hair, making my own clothes, and being part of my own little sub culture...i don't get in your way...oh apart from you annoying fucking city workers that are coming home after spending the majority of your days profits on cocaine and champagne that seem to think its funny to start calling me a freak. have a look in the mirror, surely someone who enjoys nothing but making more money and then spending it on incredibly frivilous things, braggs about it, and then wonders why he's lost all his non city friends....
    the NHS, yes its brilliant, but why have i had to wait over 9 months for a diagnosis?
    the fact that there are never enough hours in the day
    that its not ok to just scream sometimes...especialy in tescos when they have moved everything around for the fourth time in 6 weeks and there is no one around to ask for help
    the fact that my creativity seem to be stunted by the fact i haven't got the money for materials.
  • Options
    Blantent lying and then deying you ever lied in the first place.
    Arrogant, stuck up twats who think money is the key to everything.
    People who think anyone with depression/who self harms should "pull themselves together"
    Anyone who lives their life through facebook.
    Anyone who looks down on others because they dont look like a model.
    Attetion seeking, selfish, hyrocrites.
    Real fur wearers. Ditto anything made from Snake/Aligator leathers

I could go on all day
  • Options
    and what the fuck have they done to bank station? why should it take me 10 min to change lines and why should i have to tap out? i don't fucking want to tap out.

Are they still doing it up? Cause if yes, it does say no interchange unless it's between Northern Line/DLR :p.
  • Options
    People who think that to be physically disabled
    you need a wheelchair.

I second this.

More from me:
    Being attacked by the dog because I won't make a fuss of her
    The (same) dog who thinks that because I've gone into the kitchen, I'm going to feed her, yet she has loads of food in her bowl/tray
    People who talk to me like I'm a 2 year old once I say something abut being vsiaully impaired
    Hypocrites
    People who attempt to diagnose me on the internet just because I asked where to get something
    People who don't listen/act as though I'm talking in another language
    People who don't respond to emails that only require a 'yes' or 'no'
  • Options
    Got quite a list ..

- people with bad manners .. there's no excuse manners are free!
    - my sister when she steals my clothes I never kick up a fuss but when I borrow hers she goes mental.
    - when my mum sneezes (i know that's really mean but it's just a really annoying noise)
    - stuck up people from all different types of groups
    - adverts!
    - jenifer, bex and dale from Big Brother
    - when some one texts me then ten minutes later text me AGAIN to say 'did you get that text' then a bit later 'why aren't you texting back'

that's about all I can think of
  • Options
    I could have a long list but I'll just have a short one: everyone and everything.

Nah, not really.

Bad manners really annoy me, that includes standing on the escalator getting in the way AND telling me to fuck off when I ask "excuse me". Hope you fall under the wheels of a train you dumb cunt. It also includes retards who cut me up in traffic, in my old car I'd just not slow down but I quite like me new one and don't want to dent it.

Stagecoach buses annoy me immensely, with the scabby drivers and the scabby passengers and the scabby buses, which is why I do my bit for the environment and drive instead.
  • Options
    Adding to your bus rant there Kermit:
    FirstBus and Arriva in West Yorkshire, and also the OAP bus pass.
  • Options
    Another thing that annoys me, is the way alot of people think that iPhones are the only phone in the world that has touch screen technology, 3G wireless, email access etc. iPod's are the only MP4 player, and that iMac's, MacBook's are the only fast computers in the world. Well of course they're fast they have fast processors and alot of RAM, if you had that in a Windows/Linux box it would too!
  • Options
    unemployment

and those who say because it's hard to get a job, they won't try

if anyone around the leicestershire area needs any odd jobs doing by the way ;) I'm flexible and available!

edit: bit contentious here but one of my friends just popped into my head. People who think because of x y and z they are infinitely worse off than everyone else and therefore shouldn't be held to the same standards. weird coincidence, thats the same person who thinks because getting a job is hard there's no point trying :p

I guess it could be all summed up as people with a bad / negative / uncooperative attitude. I'm sure you've all at one point had a job and you had to meet a deadline and you had to stay late and there was one person who would whine and piss off meaning everyone else has to stay later. Though the fault is with the bosses, that's the nature of work really and I don't think anyone takes a job should expect to never ever have to put it in a bit extra when it's important. What if ambulance drivers did that when there was a big catastrophe...
  • Options
    - my sister when she steals my clothes I never kick up a fuss but when I borrow hers she goes mental.

Oh god, this. Went into the bathroom this morning to discover that my sister has used my (pretty expensive) intensive conditioner. Even though she has her own?! And she uses my toothpaste. And my razor, although she has her own. AND my facewash. And she has a tendency to steal my tweezers as well.
  • Options
    OAP bus pass.

I had someone have a go at me because I asked why they need them.:rolleyes:

kermit has just reminded me of something:
    Buses that pull up, I check the number, just about to get on the bus and they drive off.:mad:

Food thieves
  • Options
    Out-sourced call centres. I know your name isn't Harry and despite you proclaiming that you'll happy to help me today, i suspect very little is going to be achieved. For 50p a minute. Of script-read, barely intelligible English.
  • Options
    pc world and bt.
    both of which tell me the other is to blame for my laptop not connecting to the internet and both refusing to either send me a new home hub or take my laptop in to look at it because they're both convinced it's the others fault.
    grr. literally phoned each of them 5 times and got nowhere.
  • Options
    People that gob up spit on the pavement..makes me want to heave...
  • Options
    People who smoke outside my office window. It's no smoking on site, and that includes right outside my window.
  • Options
    The thousands of language students that decend on Oxford in the summer. Walking along in huge groups with their stupid f***ing rucksacks taking up the whole bloody pavement. They also do not seem to understand the whole concept of queueing!

It's my home city, now fuck off!!! :banghead:
  • Options
    I'd add to that the huge hoards of Chinese students who descend on Newcastle in Freshers Week. I've been to China, I know they have ATMs there, so why take 20 minutes taking some money out? Grr.

Oh, and students during rag week irritate the hell out of me. I've already donated once, I work for the charity you're raising money for, and you're in my way, shithead.
  • Options
    When you have THE best pen ever and you love it and then someone tea leafs it.

My god that drives me insane
  • Options
    Hmm.. a couple of people mentioned children. Okay, they're loud, but other than that, they don't bother me.

My pet hates:

- People not saying "thank you" when you open the door for them
    - When the phone rings again as soon as you put it down (at work)
    - The Top 40 charts now as opposed to mid 1990's
    - The press, especially tabloid press
    - Too many people getting spyware on their computers (again a work-related thing!)
    - Being the victim of double-entende, usually sexual references
    - Hewlett-Packard (try raising a fault with them!)
    - Drug culture at dance venues
    - Short notice / spontaneous happenings
    - Companies who outsource callcentres to India
    - People talking loud in the background while I'm on a call
  • Options
    'Quirky' people. Like that bellend who presents one of the Big Brother spin offs. The cock was a wearing an over sized bow tie (a bow tie for fucks sake!). We get it, you're trying to prove that you're 'zany' and 'different' in your stupid fucking get up but really you're just a knob. A knob in a bow tie, which makes you a super knob.

Also, anyone who uses the words banter, random or badger in an attempt to create some random banter about badgers. Stop it.

Oh and I fucking hate Hollyoaks. Take it back to its roots: softcore wank material for internet connection-less 14 year olds.
  • Options
    something else that annoys me is the signs outside birmingham university train station, because there's an arrow pointing one way to the uni and one pointing the other way to the hospital. but underneath 'queen elizabeth hospital' it says 'QUEEN ELIZABETH PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL' in *huge* writing, like ten times bigger than the sign for the general hospital, as if to say that mentally ill people are also short sighted. and to draw a bit more attention to it. :yeees:
  • Options

Also, anyone who uses the words banter, random or badger in an attempt to create some random banter about badgers. Stop it.

:lol:
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Are they still doing it up? Cause if yes, it does say no interchange unless it's between Northern Line/DLR :p.
    Its fine if you go one way, but i was directed a different way... it only meant to be bad between bank and the circle/district lines...

anyother thing that bugs me: men that are taken and yet still flirt with people they meet in a club....completly miss leading and means i waste valuable man hunting time...
    the fact i seem to want to just spend all my spare time sleeping at the moment...i want to go out and have fun!
  • Options
    Telesales/door to door people not taking no for an answer until you threaten to ram the phone/their foot down their throat.
    The never ending sales pitch when you try to cancel a mobile contract.
    Screaming kids on buses.
    People with absolutely no respect for others/the property of others.
    People who walk in front of you then suddenly stop and start dithering about.
    People who stand too close to the person in front when at the checkout.
    Little chavvy 'gangstas' who insist on 'speaking ghetto' to everybody, regardless of who they're speaking to.
    People with no patience.
    Closed-minded people/those with no ambition what-so-ever.
  • Options
    Its fine if you go one way, but i was directed a different way... it only meant to be bad between bank and the circle/district lines...

I swear that every time I am waiting on the Northern Line at Belsize Park I hear "There is no interchange at Bank/Monument station except between the Northern Line and Docklands Light Railway".