Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What really really bugs you...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thought I'd create a thread that people could have a good moan on what annoys them.

I'll add my rather large list later :D

Comments

• Options
    Working with a hangover.
    Silly wee cunts with nothing better to do with their time than be snobby condescending pricks.
  • Options
    My line manager.. a prime example of a person who thinks incompetance can be covered up with bullshit, and unfortunately seems to get away with it everytime.

ARGH! Can you tell I'm due to go back to work tomorrow morning after a week off and dreading it?! :(

ETA more: Having a good news secret and having to keep it quiet, and the fact I have a long list of things to do and no motivation.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Time, and its flow.
  • Options
    oh how WONDERFUL. Just the KIND of thread I needed.

What is really annoying me at the moment is my stupid head and my stupid ambitions which have got me in a mess now. AND the FUCKING AIRLINES AND THE LACK OF BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE.

and

breathe
  • Options
    people who walk too slowly.
    people who can't spell.
    children
  • Options
    people who can't spell.
    children

You forgot cancer patients and charity workers.
  • Options
    People who walk too slowly.
    Indian call centre blokes.
    Drunken twats who spill drinks on me in clubs.
    Football hooligans. Why the obsession with 22 men kicking a ball around?
    Aggressive / persistent beggars.

Think that's it.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Illiteracy.
    The old.
    The young.
    The stupid.
    The trendy.
    The "alternatives".
    Everyone.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Silly wee cunts with nothing better to do with their time than be snobby condescending pricks.

:yes:

All the holier-than-thou crew.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    A lack of common sense.
    My work screwing me over and telling me it will 'only be for a month' despite the fact that they are blatantly going under/trying to force me to leave as I have more contracted hours than most.
    My hair and it's unwillingness to be tamed.

That is all, for now.

xXx
  • Options

That and short people - infact really bad are short people who walk to slowly
  • Options
    People who stand too close too you in a queue.
  • Options
    The creeping feeling as if you forgot to put the light outs before going out. It's a undefined feeling however. It could be remorse, because you behaved like a tit when drunk yesterday. Or the suspicion someone is mad with you. A deja vu, of something happening in your life right now that went awry once before. Just something bad hanging in the air and you have no clue what. Irks me.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    bad manners - just no need!!!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    That and short people - infact really bad are short people who walk to slowly
    Short people who walk really slowly without leaving any room to get round them AND pulling a wheely bag/suitcase/briefcase on wheels who then stand on the wrong side of the escalator at stations.
  • Options
    People who complain all the time about being so badly done to, expecting other people to sort it out, and yet won't even begin to start helping themselves.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    People who complain all the time about being so badly done to, expecting other people to sort it out, and yet won't even begin to start helping themselves.
    I did come up with a plan to get myself out of the "annoying people with wheely bags" thing, it involved a pointy umbrella and some javelin skills ...
  • Options
    Weirdos who hang around on streets
    Charity workers who won't leave me alone until I promise to give them money, despite the fact that a) it's raining and I had no coat, b) I'm in a hurry and have other things to do c) I have very little monmey myself
    This time of year - it's far too hot and impossible to go out anywhere without getting a really sore head/eyes
  • Options
    stuck up people

ignorant people

old people holdin up a queue in a shop at 7am countin out their pennies when all you want is a packet of fuckin skins

idiots on the road

the majority of police

gettin up early with little/no sleep
  • Options
    oh my god SO many things.

when at work i'm carrying a really heavy tray of plates and i have to stop to let a customer walk past but they walk really slowly, as if they know i'm about to drop the tray.

kids who play shit music on the bus through their shit phones.

people who smoke on buses, even though its FUCKING ILLEGAL.

internet peoplez who make up problems to get attention, even though there are people reading it with actual problems.

bullying of any kind.

people who look at you all funny when you're going home from town with bags from the market etc when they've been to selfridges. WELL GOOD FOR YOU.

people who believe every word that their lying friends say, even though it's blatantly obvious that it's all bullshit.

bus drivers that pull out just as you've ran yourself stupid to get to the bus. then you have to slow down and keep walking so the surrounding crowd don't think you're a twat.

when you've just washed and dried your hair all lovely then you go outside and the weather makes it go all silly.

when people take a really really long time in the bathroom.

there are SO many more, i could actually type in this thread forever.
  • Options
    Customers in general, more specifically ones who ask me where the ice cream/ice cubes/ frozen vegetables are. IN THE FREEZERS YOU DICK! Because otherwise they melt. Ask me where the freezers are, that is fine, but don't be such a twat to think that the above items could be anywhere other than in the freezers. Nb this also applies to the thick member of staff who was insistent that ice cubes would be in the fridges on my dept and kept telling me I was wrong when I told him that they were in the freezers.
    I bloody hate customers!
  • Options
    people with prams but no children in them, they kind of use them as a battering ram to get through crowds. fucking hate them.

people (usually women) who get to the tills in shops but dont have card/cash/purse to hand and spend 5 minutes rummaging through...it was hardly a surprise you were going to have to pay when you get to the front of the queue.

people who just stop in the street for no reason.

cyclists.

probably many more but cant think right now
  • Options
    people (usually women) who get to the tills in shops but dont have card/cash/purse to hand and spend 5 minutes rummaging through...it was hardly a surprise you were going to have to pay when you get to the front of the queue.

yes! that REALLY is annoying.
  • Options
    People who stop and stand in the entrance to shops/escalators/whatnot, and then TUT when you say excuse me

Pointless lying. I don't mean like the little lies that everyone tells now and again, like 'sorry, I didn't realise it was my day to do the washing up', and 'of course I didn't use your butter, I mean why would I, I have my own', I understand them. It's more the stuff when you don't even get why anyone would make the thing up. I also hate when people get caught out and then don't just come clean.

Car snobbery. If I cared even one teeny-tiny bit about cars, I wouldn't be driving a Ford Ka. Therefore you can safely assume that I really, really couldn't possibly care any less about how few miles your twatmobile does to the gallon. Really.

People who try to make other people look like twats to detract from the fact that actually they themselves are twat royalty.

Arsehole drivers who think that indicating means they can drive where they want.

Kids who purposely walk too slowly across roads while looking at you as if to say 'as IF you'll run me over'. Especially when they're about a metre away from a crossing. Not big or clever. Just makes you look like a cock. And one day someone will.
  • Options
    I have another one:
    When people assume that you have money to do things just because they can afford to and expect you to be able to as well.
  • Options
    people who stand on the pavement and dont move for me even when i say "excuse me please" and i have to take my pushchair into the road to get past.
    Thats happened to me twice today!! Surely they can see that its much easier for them to just move their feet a little bit than for me to hoik my heavy double-pram down the kerb, into the road and up the kerb again. Why do they do that? its so rude and mean.
  • Options
    I love threads like this.

Boyfriends at the minute.

People who try and project their bad mood onto you.

Bad manners.

The bitchyness of girls and their obsession with getting one over on eachother.

People who make really bad jokes. An example is that if I hear another person say that Amy Winehouse looks like a horse I will scream. What are you achieving? It's not smart and it's not even original.

People whose only jokes rely on other people's misfortunes.

Stupid smug people.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »

Car snobbery. If I cared even one teeny-tiny bit about cars, I wouldn't be driving a Ford Ka. Therefore you can safely assume that I really, really couldn't possibly care any less about how few miles your twatmobile does to the gallon. Really.

:yes: But to add to that I especially hate people driving around in a block of flats who can't fucking handle the thing. Taking up both lanes at a roundabout, cutting people up because they're bigger than everyone else. I was in tesco with my mate yesterday and we went back to the car and some tosspot had parked a huge big landrover so close to her that I couldn't get in the passenger side and it made it very difficult for her to get out, especially as the poor lamb doesn't have power steering. The space was big enough for his cockmobile but he clearly couldn't be bothered parking it properly and was about half a metre onto our space. The worst thing is he was still sitting in the car and just watched as we struggled. WANKER

I too drive a ka. I know I'm not too hot at parking so I got myself a little car

It really pisses me off when people brag about their 3 litre engines - how that makes you better in anyones eyes is a mystery to me
  • Options
    their obsession with getting one over on eachother.

People who make really bad jokes. An example is that if I hear another person say that Amy Winehouse looks like a horse I will scream. What are you achieving? It's not smart and it's not even original.

LOL she does though
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    LOL she does though

Yeah and I'm glad you can relate to the billion other boring people who have said this kind of thing. I went to a Frankie Boyle gig (WHY OH WHY) and he said 'Amy Winehouse...she looks like a horse!'. What comedic skill must a brilliant line like that require. Yawn.