Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What really really bugs you...?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah and I'm glad you can relate to the billion other boring people who have said this kind of thing. I went to a Frankie Boyle gig (WHY OH WHY) and he said 'Amy Winehouse...she looks like a horse!'. What comedic skill must a brilliant line like that require. Yawn.

I don't think it works as a one liner but I don't see how me saying that she does look like a horse makes me boring :confused: But whatever
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Customers in general, more specifically ones who ask me where the ice cream/ice cubes/ frozen vegetables are. IN THE FREEZERS YOU DICK! Because otherwise they melt. Ask me where the freezers are, that is fine, but don't be such a twat to think that the above items could be anywhere other than in the freezers. Nb this also applies to the thick member of staff who was insistent that ice cubes would be in the fridges on my dept and kept telling me I was wrong when I told him that they were in the freezers.
    I bloody hate customers!
    Uh, maybe that's what they actually mean?
    If someone asks you "did you see where my keys are?" you don't reply "They're on your keyring of course, you should have asked me where your keyring is", do you?
  • Options
    Annoying things and people.
  • Options
    Slyness, people taking credit for others hard work, sulking, standing in a bus queue for 10 minutes and then someone starts counting their money when they get to the driver, people putting lipstick on after paying for their petrol, when people start digging after theyhave been caught out, when people say 'you look tired', ' you look like you are in a bad mood!' (well, I AM NOW!!)
  • Options
    People that stand on the left of the escalator
    people that dislike short people
    people that just walk by and don't help me when i'm having a fit or a panic attack
    my ex boyfriend sculking aroudn the pub and then crying when i don't have anything nice to say to him,
    guys that push onto an already packed tube
    people that earn too much and then rub it in that you've been living on baked beans and potatos for weeks
    people that think i'm lying about how bad my health is
    the DWP
    social services
    the fact that ben and jerrys tastes sooooo good but is soooo not good for my weight
    scene people that are so up themselves that they no longer exist, apart from to annoy you
    tennis
    condicending people
    people that correct my spelling and grammar- i'm dyslexic just let me be!
    colds
    being ill
    men that are too good looking for their own good
    women that say they want to sleep with me, but then never do...
    not being able to drive
    beautiful people saying that they feel fat
  • Options
    my number one on the list today is parents who talk to their children like they are pieces of shit.

ie the many customers who come to my till and are all like 'LEVI, GET ERE NOW, IM GONNA BATTER YOU WHEN YOU GET HOME' 'give it here you little shit' 'you're doing my fucking head in'. ahh it bugs me so much, why are they having children if they're going to speak/treat them like that?

the worst is when they're too little to know the difference, like a woman saying she was going to 'batter' her kid when she got home but he was about 18 months old at the most, how does he know not to grab things as he goes past the shelf?

urgh.
  • Options
    People who get pissed off at you, when you say no to dating them. i've had a few of those, I'm sick of it. (Not saying I'm attractive or nout xD).
    ppl ho alys tpe lyke dis coz day tink its kool 4 n raesn. (Yes, that's right, no where near short type, just completle nonsense).
    Complaints about gas prices.

also relating to the one about parents, has anyone seen that advert for "Katy and Peter"? And they talk to Harvey like he is a baby? "Oh good boy, you're walking".
  • Options
    Customers in general, really. Especially the ones who give me dirty looks when I tell them we haven't got something. One woman gave me a REALLY dirty look earlier and all I said to her was "I'm just waiting for the nuggets for your happy meal". I mean, would she prefer it if I just didn't tell her and just stood and waited without letting her know?

Also - people with double standards. Like how they tell me to pick up fries that people have dropped on the floor with my hands. Um, no? He was all "you don't touch the food, it doesn't matter" and it's like, er, yes it does, because a) I don't want to get shit in my fingernails, b) I don't want to touch stuff that people have been walking all over and c) if a customer saw me do that, what are they gonna think? Bah.

People who come round drive thru, give me their money then sit there with their hand out and staring straight forward waiting for me to give them their change. Rude.

People who don't wash and make me want to vomit.

People who don't appreciate how hard I work ALL THE TIME.

Work in general.
  • Options
    my number one on the list today is parents who talk to their children like they are pieces of shit.

ie the many customers who come to my till and are all like 'LEVI, GET ERE NOW, IM GONNA BATTER YOU WHEN YOU GET HOME' 'give it here you little shit' 'you're doing my fucking head in'. ahh it bugs me so much, why are they having children if they're going to speak/treat them like that?

the worst is when they're too little to know the difference, like a woman saying she was going to 'batter' her kid when she got home but he was about 18 months old at the most, how does he know not to grab things as he goes past the shelf?

urgh.

God I hate this too! I feel so sorry for the kids. Then the parents wonder why the kids speak to them like shit as they get older :rolleyes:
  • Options
    People who don't appreciate how hard I work ALL THE TIME.

AMEN! I'm going to say a little story. I worked at Woolworths as part of my Management Apprentaship course (Which I've now decided is completlly a waste of time) and I was only supposed to be there for 6 weeks, with the chance to get a job, well I got told I would be on the shop floor doing a bit of everything, what a load of lies. I was stuck in the back, tidying up everyday, doing all the turd jobs, sorted out the WHOLE stock room within 4 hours, which would have taken the staff there at least 4 weeks or more, I swear, If I wasn't there, they wouldn't have survived. Well then I never saw the prospect of a job after the 4th week, so I asked my college to talk to them about it, they just said they'd get back to me, well this same of crap work carried on, to the point where I was extremely annoyed - the staff sat on their ass doing the easy jobs like taking out the trash, or sitting on tills (ONLY tills, not even walking). Also, this was the time of Summer, boiling hot, and no air con and stuck underground all day long.

Well it came up to the 5th week, then I said I'm not coming back here, I'm being used. Then I left, college phoned up and said I'm not coming back, well the manager sounded ultra disapointed, I just though you bitch. Oh and the best part, I wasn't getting paid for it at all, I never even got a thank you! :mad:

/rant
  • Options
    Not just any normal invite on facebook, but an invitation to a facebook group saying that we have to join otherwise facebook will shut down in 7 days, and erm facebook is still there 3 weeks after you get the invite!

DECLINE!
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    God I hate this too! I feel so sorry for the kids. Then the parents wonder why the kids speak to them like shit as they get older :rolleyes:

i know :( i feel so sorry for them and sometimes i really have to work hard to bite my tongue, i feel like saying something. like today, this woman had a 2 or 3 year old in her trolley and he was moaning a bit cos he couldnt get his toy open, and the woman was really shouting at him and then she was saying to her mum 'i just cant help but swear at him, he REALLY pisses me off, hes doing my head in'. i just thought aw hes so young! if you dont have a lot of patience dont have children! i know they are frustrating and annoying sometimes.

javakrypt iv not seen the katie and peter advert but dont they talk to him as a baby...well in a simpler sort of way because hes quite severely disabled, he probably needs a lot of encouragement in that way.
  • Options

t.

cos they didnt realise what a fucking nightmare having children would be?
  • Options
    Surprised no one's mentioned me yet. My standards must be falling. :p
  • Options
    cos they didnt realise what a fucking nightmare having children would be?

ha, i know what you mean, i used to be a nursery nurse and iv got a godson and goddaughter and i know that they can be such a nightmare and can get on your very last nerve...but i still wouldnt speak to them like that.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Surprised no one's mentioned me yet. My standards must be falling. :p

I dont mind you :)

You work hard/lots
  • Options
    You know what makes me laugh about those groups are, if Facebook was going to close in a week, what is a group hosting ON Facebook going to do?
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    You know what makes me laugh about those groups are, if Facebook was going to close in a week, what is a group hosting ON Facebook going to do?

Oh and those groups where its like whoo guinness world record, obviously the 2007 one didnt work, so everyone watch out the 2008 attempt :P
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »

And notice with these groups that it doesnt actually let you write abuse on the wall, i hope that the only people who are members of those groups are the ones who just accept first and dont ask questions later.
  • Options
    ha, i know what you mean, i used to be a nursery nurse and iv got a godson and goddaughter and i know that they can be such a nightmare and can get on your very last nerve...but i still wouldnt speak to them like that.

no i dont like hearing people swear at their children because its not that cute when they start repeating it back to you, but seriously, im surprised more people dont go totally insane with their children. It can be SUCH hard work sometimes and relentless. I would try not to judge someone for shouting sometimes.
    Its probably not that easy to understand till youve been there
  • Options
    What bugs me:

> Alarm clocks!
    > Noise when I'm trying to sleep or concentrate
    > Gone off milk
    > Expensive premium rates when trying to ring helplines!
    > Trying to lose weight

I think thats it :)
  • Options
    Ignorance. It doesn't just bug me, it makes me pretty angry. It always has. In al forms, I hate ignorance.

Hypocrisy. Another great pet hate of mine that always angers me.

Rude people. They can wind me up easily too.

Dishonest people, whihc I suppose could be grouped with...

Pretentiousness. Especially......

'Alternative' people. You're not clever, you're trying too hard to stand out, probably because otherwise you don't have even a midly interesting personality.

People who won't ever admit being wrong. It's immensely childish as far as I'm concerned.

Grammar nazis. You're not clever, you're a retard who's never kissed a bird because you're too busy checking this post for small spelling errors. Hre's one for you, you nerdy little shit.
  • Options
    manipulative bullshitters on the internet.
  • Options
    no i dont like hearing people swear at their children because its not that cute when they start repeating it back to you

what i don't like more than that is mums who blow fag smoke all over their babies, like smoke if you want to but don't poison your child.
  • Options
    Men who seem to hate women.

Like when I suggest an idea when I am with some of my boyfriend's friends for it to be ignored then a bloke suggests the same thing and it's 'ooo yeah good idea'. Feck off.

When people talk over you.

Men who actually get annoyed when a woman says something funny because it wasn't *their* punch line.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I dont mind you :) You work hard/lots
    I work a hell of a lot, but whether I work hard is debatable. :p
  • Options
    People who don't cover their mouths when they cough.

People who sponge; i.e. off their partners, their parents and don't pay taxes.

Parents who still pretty much provide for their children even when they are grown up.

Anyone over the age of 10 who still calls their mum "mummy". For every year older the annoyance multiplies by two.

Double standards at work.

The cost of housing.

Men.

Life.
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    People who go to great lengths to overtake you at the lights, and then drive a mile or more at ten mph under the limit looking for their turning.
  • Options
    Steve87 wrote: »
    Grammar nazis. You're not clever, you're a retard who's never kissed a bird because you're too busy checking this post for small spelling errors. Hre's one for you, you nerdy little shit.

Earns some of us a living, matey! Although you are right, I have never kissed a bird :thumb:

On a similar note, something else that REALLY annoys me is people who are rubbish at something, but then are employed in a role where it really matters. WHY?

Just spent hours correcting something that was supposedly written by someone who is employed as a copywriter yet who completely fails to grasp the basics of the English language :mad:
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    On a similar note, something else that REALLY annoys me is people who are rubbish at something, but then are employed in a role where it really matters. WHY?

Just spent hours correcting something that was supposedly written by someone who is employed as a copywriter yet who completely fails to grasp the basics of the English language :mad:

:yes:

I work as part of a team of administrators/ secretaries and one of the ladies has really poor communication skills. She's really rude on the telephone and she gets her words mixed up all the time. It makes me think if someone like her is doing this job then why the hell am I?!

Administration isn't exactly one of my passions but it's annoying because I put blood sweat and tears into whatever I do and had to work fookin hard to get where I am.