Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

staying over but no sex.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds like a perfect night and whatever the outcome it doesn't matter because you're happy. Many people have nights like that and sometimes the kissing and cuddling is actually far more romantic and a nicer way to end a night than having sex.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

I just don't think it's right to make out that if he had felt like she was an amazing woman and wanted to have sex with her that he would not be the "perfect gentlemen" if started to kiss her and let his hand drift or whatever.

I don't think anyone here is actually saying that though are they? Might be an interesting topic for P&D though :yes:
  • Options
    Everything sounds fine to me. Sex isn't the be-all and end-all in life. As for him not trying to come on to you, I can't see any problems there. If I was seeing a girl for the first time and felt sexually attracted to her, I wouldn't try it on. At least not on the first night! I'd be too nervous to, frankly, and I wouldn't blame him if he was.

In any case, why have sex on the first meeting? If you want to, fine. But I just think it's silly to give everything away on the first day. Patience pays dividends.
    (that's a personal statement of opinion before any of you lot start coming out with the typical accusations)
  • Options
    I think it was more "the perfect gent" in the typically-thought-of sense, rather than anything being meant by it. Y'know, "perfect gent" from central casting... the one who buys ostentatious bunches of flowers and presents them dramatically at every meeting, lays his jacket down over muddy puddles and doesn't let his hands roam until he's asked your father for your hand in marriage. Certainly not my "perfect gent", sounds boring as hell, but it's just an expression. Like when people say "it isn't ladylike to...". Probably not the wisest thing to say in these times of oversensitivity but it doesn't really mean a thing.

Anyway, glad you had a good night, he sounds like a sweetheart :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    ...the one who buys ostentatious bunches of flowers and presents them dramatically at every meeting, lays his jacket down over muddy puddles and doesn't let his hands roam until he's asked your father for your hand in marriage...
    Where did you meet all these men over the years? :p
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Surprised at some of the answers to this frankly, but they do seem to come from men.
    Not to stir things, but what the hell is that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    To add my 2p..

Ive known my gf for over a month now, and have been going out 2 weeks today!

Even though we have met up loads of times in that short space, like cinema, bowling, movies in and stuff, weve kissed, but weve not had sex.

Why?

Im enjoying myself too much, we have got such a good thing going that we dont need the sex as yet..

Im enjoying myself at the moment...
  • Options
    Not to stir things, but what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Especially since Blonde_Batman is agreeing with us. :D
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not that I disagree with the reason it happened, but I can't believe such a thread turned into an argument...
  • Options
    Not that I disagree with the reason it happened, but I can't believe such a thread turned into an argument...
    I know what you're saying, but tbh I don't see why the men who read these posts should stand back and allow comments like this to go under the radar.

On an unrelated note, why does the 'sex on the first date = bad'?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I know what you're saying, but tbh I don't see why the men who read these posts should stand back and allow comments like this to go under the radar.

I never said it did, the opposite.
  • Options
    I never said it did, the opposite.
    I know you didn't, and it wasn't specifically aimed at anyone. It was more of a general question borne from this thread. Maybe it's more suitable for a new thread.
  • Options

Agreed, I didn't really understand the "typical man" type comment either.

That's speaking as a guy who got the silent treatment the next day after not making sexual moves on a first date.

I can see where you're coming from and understand your point, and I know blonde_batman didn't mean to imply that sex that night would've been bad. Just that the way the night turned out made it even better.

Some people get with somebody and can't wait to sow the seed, other people prefer to stay up all night and talk. Can see the appeal of both tbh.
  • Options
    It isn't. All I'm saying personally (I emphasise that word) is - why give everything away on the first date? If I wanted to have sex with a girl, I'd far prefer to have to wait a little while. I wouldn't think any less of her if we did bonk on the first night. I just reckon it'll feel a lot better when (hopefully) I cuddle up to her after sex thinking "that was well worth the wait!".

Romantic? Possibly.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    bonk
    You'll never get laid if you keep using that word :p
  • Options
    You'll never get laid if you keep using that word :p
    Bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk...
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk, bonk...
    Celibacy it is then......
  • Options
    i didnt mean it to sound as thought he wouldnt have been a gentleman if he had tried it on, it was just a figure of speech, i didnt mean any offence by it.
    its all about personal choice, i personally would be put off if he had tried it on with me, but to other people it would be fine. at the end of the day, its up to everyone individually.

i just wanted to share my nice night and get an opinion. also like to add that last night i stayed over and despite alot of heavy kissing....nothing more happened.
  • Options
    Celibacy it is then......
    What can I say, I'm getting used to it.
  • Options
    I think that's really sweet actually :) - not bad at all!