Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it wrong that I've..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
stopped caring? As you already know we've been having our problems, I was just on the phone with her for just over an hour, she was balling her eyes out, we were trying to sort things out, and we just kept going over and over the same things, she said that even though its going to hurt both of us maybe we should split up, I automatically just said no..the thing is I seemed to have stopped caring at points on sorting things out, but then as soon as a split up comes around, I freeze and say no way..how can we sort things out if we're going round in circles? Please help :banghead: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    In my opinion, if you don't care any more then you should end it. First you should try making more of an effort, but if you still feel like you can't be bothered then it's because you've given up. So should end it then!
  • Options
    Thats what I was thinking, its like at times I really want to sort things out, and other times, im just like w/e..
  • Options
    Yeah, it was the same for me. It also seemed at time like I just couldn't be bothered to put it with her shit - more so than I used to.
  • Options
    If you aren't getting anywhere it seems best to end the relationship. As bad as that might seem, it is more than likely for the best.
  • Options
    your having lots of rough patches, but you've got to the point where the motivation to sort things through has decreased

to be honest i reckon your relationship is dying a slow painful death and the more it drags on, the more hurt you will both get
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Mekhi,

I'm sorry to hear things have got so stressful in your relationship.

An article on splitting up on One Life says: "Not all relationships are meant to be. And it's much better to admit when it's run its course rather than squeeze out every last drop." And it sounds as if this is exactly what you and your girlfriend are doing. To read the rest of the article click here

It sounds like you are really afraid of being single and this is completely understandable in your situation - it sounds like you've become so comfortable having your girlfriend around and can't imagine surviving without her - but actually you can and if you've stopped caring then it's probably the best thing for you.

I really hope things work out for the best.
    Take good care of yourself.